What's new
Did you make sure to place the 27c160 in the proper place on the multi?

Edit: looks like you did.

Stupid question but you did program all of the eproms but NOT the gal?
It was an even more stupid problem ...
I was thinking that when you buy it with eeproms you don't need to burn it.
I burn all eeprom and the gal but i still have my issue.
Screen change depending of the game i selected.
This one is for dragon Breed. The other in my previous message is for r type 2

EDIT: it was so long since i use my eeprom burner that i didn't do it properly.
Sorry
EDIT 2 : I burned all eeproms a second time properly and the gal too, i still have the problem
EDIT 3 : i checked all eeproms one wasn't good. now they are all good but still the same problem

Attachments

• 20230912_060537.jpg
    20230912_060537.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
In fact my problem is the same as the one that Johnrambo'sknife had.
@Mitsurugi-w send him a new Gal for the motherboard.
Maybe it could solve my problem too?

Last edited:
The gal never needs to be burned. It's a protected device that I program here. So I'm guessing that your gal just needs to be reprogrammed with proper code.

The gal never needs to be burned. It's a protected device that I program here. So I'm guessing that your gal just needs to be reprogrammed with proper code.
In the pack with all.the rom there is the file for the gal so I burn it. And i didn't understand the right way when you ask me "Stupid question but you did program all of the eproms but NOT the gal?" I understood that you ask me if i forget to burn the gal. Sorry for the lost of time

Yeah I'm not sure why whoever made the rollup had included it exactly. Probably just for completeness. Causes more confusion than good though.

Will this install on a Major Title 1, and is there any possibility of support for Major Title 1?

Will this install on a Major Title 1, and is there any possibility of support for Major Title 1?
No sir . No support of M72 multi on MT1 (m81 hardware)

Hammerin Harry is released also on M72 and Rtype II and they are included on M72 Multi.

This multi (M72) works only on this titles :

Air Duel
Battle Chopper / Mr. HELI no Dai-Bouken
Dragon Breed
Gallop : Armed Police Unit
Hammerin' Harry / Daiku no Gensan​
Image Fight
Legend of Hero Tonma
Ninja Spirit / Saigo no Nindou
X Multiply​

And you also have possibilities to play beside these : Pound For Pound (M85) , Rtype II (M82 & M84) , Rtype 1 (M72) , Lightning Swords aka Ken-Go (M84) :happy:

Additionally Major Title 1 can't be ported to M72 as it requires additional graphics layers that M72 hardware can't do and the game is not playable if that layer is missing.

I'm aware that it wouldn't be possible to run MT1 on a non-M84/M82 board, but it would be nice to have that option open for multi installs that do use the board.

M84/M82 does appear to be backwards compatible with the rest of the M72 family somewhat, as there are patches to convert the other games to run on it.

Only M82 hardware supports the extra sprite layer (not even M84). But no one AFAIK is working on a M82 multi.

This is a special request. If you bought a multi and have one of the following i8751, please DM me. That's the long chip that you need to replace with the AT89S51 that you receive with your kit.

Please check if you have any of these:

NIN C-PR-B (Ninja Spirit, M72)
DB C-PR-B (Dragon Breed, M72)
Daiku no Gensan (Japan, M72 hardware)
GL C-PR-B? (Gallop - Armed Police Unit, M72)

@Darksoft This guy? This is a dragon breed. I had pastbalster burn the roms and he did a few times and everything worked but r type.
20240211_161052.jpg

I hope you have it misplaced and can find it.

Please everyone else check yours to see if you have one of these

There are different versions of the MCU. For example NIN C-PR- is not needed, it needs to have the -B at the end.

Please check yours and get back to us!

This is a special request. If you bought a multi and have one of the following i8751, please DM me. That's the long chip that you need to replace with the AT89S51 that you receive with your kit.

Please check if you have any of these:

NIN C-PR-B (Ninja Spirit, M72)
DB C-PR-B (Dragon Breed, M72)
Daiku no Gensan (Japan, M72 hardware)
GL C-PR-B? (Gallop - Armed Police Unit, M72)
Bump! Please check your IREM M72 or the chips left, if you installed a multi already. We need to get those dumped. I have Gallop Japan, coming soon from @Jag-Master

The rest are still needed! Please check and help us preserve those chips.

Thanks.

Back