What's new
Thanks Zim, I'm gonna have to read through that a couple times and attempt to work with it maybe tonite.

Question - lets say DD is an idiot and screws something up, does that screw up the MiSTer image, or something on the Expander? If I run the risk of borking my Expander, then shit - consoles can suck it and I can just hope for the Neo MRAs that are hopefully coming soon.
You can't brick or mess up the expander itself, but it's not very hard to mess up input on MiSTer itself. If you do, you can just delete whatever is under config/input on the MiSTer SD card.

I desperately need two more :/. Hope the next batch won't take long @invzim.
I hope to have the new batch ready before Christmas.

I need onw or two complete and ready to go kits please...
For jamma and for a normal gamepad use

Finally had some time to sit down and work with this, it's not actually that complicated after all. I just had to read through a couple times to make sure I understood.

So I've got Consoles working now, but my question now is - is there a way for the Expander to "know" to switch to gamepad/keyboard? Or do I need to manually go in there and hit the button to change modes if I'm going to be going back and forth?

Also, once I have the gamepad mode set for consoles A, B and C and whatever, will those settings be remembered upon reboot, or do I need to save the options on the Expander to the SD card in it?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm basically trying to get to the point where I can just leave the MiSTer/Expander alone and not bother it too much when Im hopping around different cores as I tend to do, or if friends are over and ooing and ahhing at the marvel of all of these games on a cab.

One badass piece of tech, Zim. Props man.

Hello, just received the Irken adaptor. I’m using the set-up in my Astro City. When I first inserted the set-up into the cab, it worked perfectly. However when I turned it off and tried to turn it back on, the MiSTeR wouldn’t turn on. It only shows the adaptor lights on (attached pic for reference), I disconnected and reconnected the adaptor from the Jamma but still wouldn’t turn on.

However when I powered the MiSTeR from its own power plug to see if it still works, it powers up. Then when I reattached it to the adaptor and the cab it powers on again. But when I would turn it off and turn it on again, the same problem persists.

Reading the thread, is this a voltage issue? If so, what do I need to do to adjust the voltage? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 6E034378-1F08-47ED-BED8-D5D550B9655D.jpeg
    6E034378-1F08-47ED-BED8-D5D550B9655D.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 112
That's one wire mess :x But you are not shorting the board against any metal etc? Probably a dumb question by me

That's one wire mess :x But you are not shorting the board against any metal etc? Probably a dumb question by me
I don't think so, it rests on the "nest" of wires. Yeah, I got the cab like that, need to work on cleaning that wiring up.

I had pretty much the same issue, and the problem was my PSU voltage (5V too high). Check 5V and 12V with a multimeter and adjust as needed.

Hello is anyone running the Jamma expander on a vewlix? Trynna see whats the best set up to use it.

The Expander is completely redundant in a Vewlix.
So should i be using a JVS i/o > to That Jpac 2 > to De10 nano, and then a Vga to hdmi converter cable and connect straight to the De10 nano?

I thought i was good to connect it with the jammafier in the vewlix 😕

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I know this is not the thread but thanks @invzim for the super fast shipping for the Jpac2 ima use for the mister 😁

Attachments

• DAE8A7DF-34D1-4C14-B183-291BB8A0BE10.jpeg
    DAE8A7DF-34D1-4C14-B183-291BB8A0BE10.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 94
Sorry for the crap video, didn't bother making a YouTube thingy.
Next firmware version will hopefully be a bit more intuitive when it comes to voltage errors:
ezgif-6-7f98058c3c79.png

The thresholds for 12V will be 9.5V low 14V high, I'm keeping 5V at 4.7V low 5.15V high. The practice of PSU's set too hot is a pet peeve of mine :)

I finally got around to testing my Jamma Expander today and it isn't working, likely due to voltage (boots up but nothing on screen and buttons on Expander don't do anything). However, on the Sigma supergun I use, you can't adjust 5v and 12v independently, which sucks. When I'm right on on 5v, my 12v is around 13.5. Will this next update allow the device to work at 13.5v (as you mention 14v max), or are you just talking about the OSD error message addition?

I finally got around to testing my Jamma Expander today and it isn't working, likely due to voltage (boots up but nothing on screen and buttons on Expander don't do anything). However, on the Sigma supergun I use, you can't adjust 5v and 12v independently, which sucks. When I'm right on on 5v, my 12v is around 13.5. Will this next update allow the device to work at 13.5v (as you mention 14v max), or are you just talking about the OSD error message addition?
It will work with 13.5 on next release- tolerances have been relaxed, and it will continue to boot normally if voltages are within range.

Back