What's new

ricard2798

Beginner
Reaction score
I just got a chihiro, but its missing the video loop cable. Anyone knows where i can obtain one (either original or repro)? thanks

You can use an Xbox SCART cable and then just break out the RGsB. Cleaner video than going through the base board. Chihiro is happy because the SCART cable sets the 3 signal lines properly.

Attachments

• PXL_20230514_014932456.jpg
    PXL_20230514_014932456.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 61
You can use an Xbox SCART cable and then just break out the RGsB. Cleaner video than going through the base board. Chihiro is happy because the SCART cable sets the 3 signal lines properly.
Tempted to try that, the video signal through mine is not brilliant. It has some horizontal interference.

Tempted to try that, the video signal through mine is not brilliant. It has some horizontal interference.
It's not... like "perfect" RGB how other consoles have it. Xbox sort of has a slight blur, but I find it a better picture than running it through the baseboard. Not sure about your interference, could be the 3 VGA caps are going bad, or bad 5v going into the sync splitter. @obcd had played around with giving 5v direct from the connector to the splitter and it seemed to clear up some of the 'wobblyness' on the side of the screen. -- avoidable using SCART :p

It's not... like "perfect" RGB how other consoles have it. Xbox sort of has a slight blur, but I find it a better picture than running it through the baseboard. Not sure about your interference, could be the 3 VGA caps are going bad, or bad 5v going into the sync splitter. @obcd had played around with giving 5v direct from the connector to the splitter and it seemed to clear up some of the 'wobblyness' on the side of the screen. -- avoidable using SCART :p
Can I output to the scart cable then using a scart2vga or similar to plug back into my monitor?

If your monitor supports RGsB, the thing you're using as a sync splitter yeah.
the scart2vga has a switch for sync splitter. The monitor is a nanao ms2932. I’ve no idea if this accepts RGsB.

This page shows its accepted type of sync. Am I right in saying this is composite sync or h/v sync and RGsB is not supported?
IMG_9729.png

Last edited:
Back