What's new
Is the dual board out? I saw a dualboard sold recentl.. im looking to buy 2 kits for my ki pcbs :)

@neku do you have any update?

Hello,

Sorry for not answering more quickly.
I was really busy with the renovation of the house, i had no more room to work on my projects.
Thus i decided to rent an office space nearby, it took some time to move everything there.

I have tested the board doesn't go into flames when powering up, no magic smoke, that's a good news :p
Now i am struggling with the flashing of the NOR memory, i made an adapter for my T56 but alas it's not working.
I have decided to make one myself and then integrate it to the board so updates will be easy for everybody.

Expect more frequent updates from now on.

Here's a picture of my office
Image 3.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice setup! That's good news that no magic smoke has been released! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm eager to have the final product in hand... But what's a few more weeks of waiting when it's been years hoping for that solution. Good things come to those who wait! If there's any work you want to offload on us, let us know! I'm sure a bunch of us would be more than happy to help.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hello,

Sorry for not answering more quickly.
I was really busy with the renovation of the house, i had no more room to work on my projects.
Thus i decided to rent an office space nearby, it took some time to move everything there.

I have tested the board doesn't go into flames when powering up, no magic smoke, that's a good news :p
Now i am struggling with the flashing of the NOR memory, i made an adapter for my T56 but alas it's not working.
I have decided to make one myself and then integrate it to the board so updates will be easy for everybody.

Expect more frequent updates from now on.

Here's a picture of my office
Image 3.jpeg
Nice office…although can’t see any ki pcbs :)
Looking forward for the updates and the multi!

Hi,

Guess what arrived in the mail today!

IMG_3983.jpg
IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

More updates pretty soon !
Hey, in the end the boards are not so ugly 😂 (except for the CF slot 🤦‍♂️)
Can't wait to get one !

Have you already seen my supergun setup ? The pcb is inside an acrylic case with a 60mm fan to cool down the cpu. Do you think the board clears enough space around the cpu area to be mounted inside the case and let the air flow ?
20210930_132353.jpg

Hey, in the end the boards are not so ugly 😂 (except for the CF slot 🤦‍♂️)
Can't wait to get one !

Have you already seen my supergun setup ? The pcb is inside an acrylic case with a 60mm fan to cool down the cpu. Do you think the board clears enough space around the cpu area to be mounted inside the case and let the air flow ?
20210930_132353.jpg
functionality over aesthetics, is what I always say. LOL

Do you think the board clears enough space around the cpu area to be mounted inside the case and let the air flow ?
I have the same case on one of my board, the board leaves room around the CPU, i will mount one in and post a picture.

I have good news, my nor flash programmer is working (i final PCB design is already made).
Now i will be able to flash the content to the boards and start making some real test.

We are getting close !

Image.jpeg

Joining the Patreon now! Put me down for a pre-order lol! Thank you for all the hard work, this is exciting.

I have the same case on one of my board, the board leaves room around the CPU, i will mount one in and post a picture.

I have good news, my nor flash programmer is working (i final PCB design is already made).
Now i will be able to flash the content to the boards and start making some real test.

We are getting close !

Image.jpeg
I am really very surprised with your great work, congratulations.
I was testing your bootroms and they work very well, I was wondering if it would be possible to make the intro of version 1.4 work in version 1.5, I mean that in version 1.4 the video description displays of each character have sound. Will it be possible to do this in version 1.5?
It will also possibly fix that the guitar is not interrupted sometimes when the announcer says KILLER INSTINCT?
Regards

Very excited bout this. Pretty sure I need one of these as well in my life. But I also hope this leads to finding out if replacement CPUs are possible. As I have a dead board and have not been able to source a NOS cpu for it.

Back