What's new
yeah, you'd use master/slave enable if you wanted both device active on the same bus, but we don't. I suggested power because we need both devices to act as master but without power it should still be able to exist on the bus without interfearing I would think.

you take the master signal from the gameboard side of the cable and route it to the master or slave pin on the adapter.
you may also need a couple of 10k pullup resistors

you never switch power because then you have devices with active pullups floating on the bus and messing up your signal integrity.

Anyone know where to get some good 32pin sockets that will mount on the add-on board and extend down long enough to plug into the sockets on the KI pcb

Anyone know where to get some good 32pin sockets that will mount on the add-on board and extend down long enough to plug into the sockets on the KI pcb

I would be surprised if sockets like that are a thing (at least for anything that isn't machined pin). I think you will need to place separate pin headers on the PCB, like this

socket_with_pin_headers.jpg

or, bump up to M27C160s which will make it much cheaper than sourcing a bunch of 27c080s

I would be surprised if sockets like that are a thing (at least for anything that isn't machined pin). I think you will need to place separate pin headers on the PCB, like this

socket_with_pin_headers.jpg
Yea crap - I will need to do this

I've been following this excellent post.
Finally got around to trying this multiboot mod myself.

I did everything discussed in the thread but can only load KI1, KI2 keeps getting a red screen and danger.
I've patched the ki2 boot rom (killer_instinct_2_conversion_kit_u98_boot_rom_d14p.bin) as described in the previous pages, concanated everything (CRC matches to ones also in this thread) and burned the roms to m27c080
I've swapped the sd cards, around, one way ki1 boots/no Ki2boot, other way nothing boots.

Is there a special way to burn the roms (ie. setting within the eprom burner...I simply flashed them with a TL866 II pro)?
Do I have to set jumpers on the pcb ie. 4mb/8mb?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

i wonder if your ki2 drive image is correct.
are you running the ki2 dedicated image or the one for the conversion kit?

i wonder if your ki2 drive image is correct.
are you running the ki2 dedicated image or the one for the conversion kit?
you mean the ki2 boot rom or the chd? I'm running the Ki2 conversion boot rom (killer_instinct_2_conversion_kit_u98_any_ide_boot_rom_d14p) which I patched. The disk image or CHD is a ki2 image.
There's a different chd file as well for conversion(I mean the disk image file CHD for dedicated hardware and for conversion??)

the chd image i was refering to.
if the bootrom was bad i would expect it to just not run or give a checksum error.

the chd image i was refering to.
if the bootrom was bad i would expect it to just not run or give a checksum error.
Can you provide a valid chd link for ki2…I was using the one from thekillerinstinctproject page.

Can someone verify that the rom doesn’t need any special settings…because before I go down that painful road, I would like to rule out the other problems.

I’ve also tried without the 2in1 sd adapter (ie using separately with the switch)

Thanks

Is there a special way to burn the roms (ie. setting within the eprom burner...I simply flashed them with a TL866 II pro)?

No, it's just load file and then write.

I think your roms are likely fine considering you have KI1 running.

Back