What's new
invincibility and permanent speed shoes ;)

are you saying the U89/105 roms aren't using their full capacity? like most is in one rom and the other rom has the rest and a bunch of garbage and empty space? I'm not a programmer, I fix the actual game hardware, so I don't really know what your thing is.

smash tv new dip switch settings process. experimenting with layout and options. possibly adding extra keys in paces, immortality/invincibilty, not sure about violence settings, as I don't think there extra violence just less

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 19.36.08.png

smash tv new dip switch settings process. experimenting with layout and options. possibly adding extra keys in paces, immortality/invincibilty, not sure about violence settings, as I don't think there extra violence just less

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 19.36.08.png
I just take the path that gets you to the key bonus room. you'll definitely have enough keys then. :P

some of the room names got changed for revision 8.0, maybe an option to use the 5.0 room names?

"FILM AT 11"

Need some experienced mk2 players for testing and bug reporting. I won't be posting roms but patches to mk2 3.0 in ipl format I guess. Pm's welcome.

Also looking for a mk2 mobo (eu preferred) as I don't have real hw to test this on right now.

Spike stage fatality crash is fixed, i bypassed some security checks there and de-obfuscated jumps.
This causes the classic dum-deng-dum!! sound not to play, but the fatality works.

The code was missing from the source (initdb5 routine), i didn't re-implement it so there might still be some trapdoors in the compiled version.
I identified at least one second security thing in the same area, so who knows.

At this point i need people with real hardware, some mk2 skills etc. to play through it (MAME is fine) and report crashes, glitching, differences vs. the real game, and preferaby real hardware for myself to test further on.

Did you know that mk2 is almost Wolf Unit hardware? It's so close, that we can do this:

1685839323095.png

(Hint, look at the Window title..)
yeah dude, they're all derivative of Z-unit in ways. I think T-unit just had dedicated video memory over the Y-unit, and Wolf unit was just an evolution of T-unit. those U45/47 chips are probably what replace the scaler chip on T-unit. it was almost 10 years ago I talked to Mark Loffredo on the phone about all these different platforms. they all utilize the same Williams Custom Chip, but now that I think about it where did the AUTOERASE go into, was that implemented into the surface mount package? I'm not all that good at the theory of operation element of these. lol

1685886324203.png

That was fairly easy. There's some stuff left to do, and the music/sound has some issues loading mk2 roms.
Also some inputs need to be remapped.
I would love to test this on actual hardware when your done. I have a few spare Wolf Unit PCBs. Those MK2 sound boards are a PITA to keep running.

I will probably release some personalized & serial locked tests soon. This took a lot of effort and i don't want ebay flooded with people converting spare boards to MK2. I do care for keeping old hardware running but had not thought about the dilemma i'm now in. This started as a personal challenge, now it's giving me a little headache :/

I'm looking for well-known members to test this on real hardware. I lack 27c801 and free time. I would need several weeks before they arrive, i don't want to rip labels of my MK3 or Hangtime to test this. If you feel worthy, send me a PM. Roms will be unique, so include your PIC serial. :)

so what can be done now? what boards are similar to where we can change out roms etc? and what is the best base candidate? i've wanted a TE board for awhile, and also a smash and wwF. those three together are pretty costly!

Back