What's new
I got a direct connection to work via a patch cable from my laptop to the mister.
You have to put a static ip in your laptop ethernet adapter also for the Mister. In the Mister you need to edit the /etc/dhcpcd.conf
And then put this in there:
interface eth0
static ip_address=<your_static_ip_here>/24
How did you end up editing the dhcpcd.conf? It won’t let me edit it, appears to be locked. That’s cool! Will try this weeks thank you 👍🏼

I'm using Mister_USBIP on the MiSTer to send control inputs over the same ethernet connection to my pc.

I run a USBIP service on my server(instructions were on Mister_USBIP to achieve this) to recognize these inputs as a local device on the server/pc

For my windows pc I use USBIP_WIN_CLIENT.

Works perfectly.
😳👍🏼

How did you end up editing the dhcpcd.conf? It won’t let me edit it, appears to be locked. That’s cool! Will try this weeks thank you 👍🏼
Had to login to the mister via ssh, via ftp it was not possible it would not write to it.
When i was logged in via ssh it was out of the top of my head nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf
Then insert the lines and crtl+o to save and then ctrl+x to exit.

I got a direct connection to work via a patch cable from my laptop to the mister.
You have to put a static ip in your laptop ethernet adapter also for the Mister. In the Mister you need to edit the /etc/dhcpcd.conf
interface eth0
Have tried this and can't seem to get ir working. Hmmm, will give it another shot this week.

Just to quickly jump in, if you still have trouble after doing above.

Ssh into MiSTer
Then run:
killall MiSTer
Then have another go at writing via nano as @Firehawk mentioned

Th
Had to login to the mister via ssh, via ftp it was not possible it would not write to it.
When i was logged in via ssh it was out of the top of my head nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf
Then insert the lines and crtl+o to save and then ctrl+x to exit.
Thank you!! 🙏🏼🙌🏼

Ssh into MiSTer
Then run:
killall MiSTer
Then have another go at writing via nano as @Firehawk mentioned
Ok got into
interface eth0
ok, question - do I leave the carrots <> when I enter the ip address? Also is “interface eth _ with a zero (0) or the capital letter (O)?

Sorry guys, totally stumbling through this stuff for the first time 😮‍💨🤦🏻‍♂️

Also, when I go in to create a static ip on the PC what do I do for the subnet mask and the default gateway?
Thanks again guys 🙏🏼

Ssh into MiSTer
Then run:
killall MiSTer
Then have another go at writing via nano as @Firehawk mentione

No carrots and zero

Subnet mask - try 255.255.255.0 and gateway is the other IP for your other device
Ok so I was able to go into the MiSTer via SSH and changed the ip address to 192.168.68.50. Rebooted the MiSTer and now it says that 192.168.68.50 is my new ip address so I think I did that part right.

Then I went into my PC’s network TCP/IPv4 and set its address to match 192.168.68.50 and set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and nothing is working.

PC says more than one PC on this network shares the same ip address … contact your administrator 🤣

So I think I’m confused as to what ip address I should be putting where … I’m sorry I’m a total noob with this stuff 🤦🏻‍♂️

No carrots and zero

Subnet mask - try 255.255.255.0 and gateway is the other IP for your other device

No carrots and zero

You got me going in the right direction with this. I finally got it working 🙏🏼 thank you guys very much 🙌🏼👍🏼

Any interest in a "freeplay" mappings repository? The idea is to make start a secondary input for coin. Pressing start presses both buttons.

I have a script that converts non-freeplay mappings to freeplay mappings.

This would be like the other repository that downloads the mappings with your MiSTer updater script.

Will need to address games where this might not work on a case by case basis.

Ok so I was able to go into the MiSTer via SSH and changed the ip address to 192.168.68.50. Rebooted the MiSTer and now it says that 192.168.68.50 is my new ip address so I think I did that part right.

Then I went into my PC’s network TCP/IPv4 and set its address to match 192.168.68.50 and set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and nothing is working.

PC says more than one PC on this network shares the same ip address … contact your administrator 🤣

So I think I’m confused as to what ip address I should be putting where … I’m sorry I’m a total noob with this stuff 🤦🏻‍♂️
You have to give your pc another ip address, not the same as the mister. For example 192.168.68.51

You have to give your pc another ip address, not the same as the mister. For example
yeah I finally realized that after messing around till my brain hurt 🤣 thank you for your help she’s up and running now via patch cable without having to use my network 🙏🏼🤙🏼

My MiSTercade works just fine, but I have a small issue with the remote. It gives me electric shocks every time I touch remote metal casing and my Blast City control panel metal screws :D

It even reboots the whole MiSTercade if the remote casing touches this screw (and I saw small electric arc between the case and the screw).

IMG_4896.jpg

Is this remote supposed to ground to the metal casing like this? Can I put some plastic washers there to prevent this?
IMG_6273.jpeg

I am currently using isolation transformer which has stepdown from 220v -> 100v to power my Blast City (and through JAMMA MiSTEercade).

It gives you a wake-up to be zapped during the game but I'd rather stay awake with different means :D Can't imagine that booting the MiSTercade through electric shock is good for the hardware anyways....

My MiSTercade works just fine, but I have a small issue with the remote. It gives me electric shocks every time I touch remote metal casing and my Blast City control panel metal screws :D

It even reboots the whole MiSTercade if the remote casing touches this screw (and I saw small electric arc between the case and the screw).

IMG_4896.jpg

Is this remote supposed to ground to the metal casing like this? Can I put some plastic washers there to prevent this?
IMG_6273.jpeg

I am currently using isolation transformer which has stepdown from 220v -> 100v to power my Blast City (and through JAMMA MiSTEercade).

It gives you a wake-up to be zapped during the game but I'd rather stay awake with different means :D Can't imagine that booting the MiSTercade through electric shock is good for the hardware anyways....
Hmm, that's really strange! I live in a dry climate. The MiSTercade has ESD protection on all pins except for the ground. The remote and case are grounded through the cable which is grounded through the MiSTercade to the cabinet. It definitely will reset the MiSTercade if you plug in the remote while it's running but I haven't had any electrostatic issues otherwise.

I add a 3 prong cable to my cabinets with a dedicated ground pin since they only include hot and neutral from Japan.

Last edited:
Yea this is not due to static electricity, it shocks me every time the cabinet is on and I touch the remote and screw or metal part of the Blast City. Perhaps somewhere live is touching the cabinet ground? Or is it because of the Japanese socket which is not grounded and I use isolation transformer stepdown? Or for some reason live goes to MiSTercades ground? I should re-educate myself about these electric laws :D

Last edited:
OK so there is definitely something shady going on in here. I measured AC from MiSTercade remote ground to my Blast City screw and there is hot/live going in there.

IMG_6275.jpeg

IMG_6276.jpeg

There is 170V AC running between them, thats why I have been getting shocked :D

IMG_6278.jpeg

Control panel grounding looks pretty normal to me, any suggestion or ideas how to troubleshoot the problem?
IMG_6279.jpeg

I could test the MiSTercade with my Tekken cabinet to see if the problem is on the MiSTercade side or on my Blast City? Any other ideas?

Back