What's new
That's pretty neat discussion there about the cps1 on the github. I didn't do any scientific test or anything, but it's pretty apparent just by playing it the speed of the game is noticeably faster on the mister. I even did an update all today before trying it all. I have my cps1 multi right next to the cab with the mister.

Last edited:
I'd already heard about possible SDRAM expansion plans. As for network share does the MiSTercade have wifi or is it easy to add?
You can use a dongle like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IFXQFU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Works great! Just make sure if you’re using a mac that you don’t leave any .DS_Store files anywhere. They will slow down the share like crazy. I have mine running on TrueNAS using a samba share. In fact, I have not only games, but also my saves, cheats, save states, and cores on there.

Last edited:
New small add-on for those who want to run dedicated buttons for their cabinets! Connects to the top plate mini HDMI port. Breaks out OSD/Menu, Pause, Core Reset, and System Reset.

Working on the next batch of MiSTercades and hoping for December :)

https://misteraddons.com/collections/parts/products/mistercade?variant=40025328418949
A very nice addition to the accessories list. That will go perfectly to swap out with any existing control panels/aux panels that have been modified for use with Brook/console cabinets. Did you have thoughts to include coin buttons but decided against it for whatever reason? Also any news on the timeframe for the remote board case?

Last edited:
A very nice addition to the accessories list. That will go perfectly to swap out with any existing control panels/aux panels that have been modified for use with Brook/console cabinets. Did you have thoughts to include coin buttons but decided against it for whatever reason. Also any news on the timeframe for the remote board case?
Remote cases should ship to me next week or the week after!

Idk why I didn't think about the coin button but yeah - I should add those! Only made a small run of these as I knew they would be pretty niche so I can modify them.

Also, I opened up my Discord server for anyone who wants to chat there. I admit that I'm bad at checking forums :(

https://discord.gg/3a5HqZF3bR

hello everyone,

I could setup my Mistercade using the excellent video of shootthecore. I am actually using a supergun sigma av7000 and I just have one major issue with the first button of the stick 9000TB input that is sometime not functional. In the menu typically sometimes I need to press it 3 times to have an answer. Sometimes in sft2 the punch button become briefly kick! . I am wonder if it could be a continuity problem on the pcb?

Cheers

That is odd. I assume you’ve tried another JAMMA game with that SuperGun to test the controls on something besides the MiSTercade?

Having a blast today with the MiSTercade. I heard Bosconian has a core now, which is one of my faves. So that's today's excuse to update the input map files, and spend way too much time playing on it.

I do note that I'm running out of 5v power in general, (on both my MiSTer and my MiSTercade), especially with a PS1 SNAC (ebay model) connected, which seems to be a real hog. I have to disconnect wifi, and not use the hdmi recorder (can be plugged in, just not recording). I think I'm going to move that recorder over to arcade 5v, maybe get a jamma breakout board and make myself a coin button while I'm there. Or else just break down and get a couple rolls of quarters from the bank--maybe that's just easier. 🤣

That PS1 SNAC has been modded for memory card, which probably doesn't help its power-hogginess any.

1l3um4Dm.jpg

(embiggen)

Last edited:
hello everyone,

I could setup my Mistercade using the excellent video of shootthecore. I am actually using a supergun sigma av7000 and I just have one major issue with the first button of the stick 9000TB input that is sometime not functional. In the menu typically sometimes I need to press it 3 times to have an answer. Sometimes in sft2 the punch button become briefly kick! . I am wonder if it could be a continuity problem on the pcb?

Cheers
It's unlikely to be MiSTercade as they are all hand tested for controls, video, and audio. Every once in a while I miss something but more often than not, it's a cabinet issue. I see it time and time again.

MiSTercade has current limiting resistors, as well as TVS protection on all pins. If you haven't already, you might try a fresh button / switch :)

That is odd. I assume you’ve tried another JAMMA game with that SuperGun to test the controls on something besides the MiSTercade?
I could confirm that the supergun av7000 and the stick 9000tb with MVS slot works without any issue

It's unlikely to be MiSTercade as they are all hand tested for controls, video, and audio. Every once in a while I miss something but more often than not, it's a cabinet issue. I see it time and time again.

MiSTercade has current limiting resistors, as well as TVS protection on all pins. If you haven't already, you might try a fresh button / switch :)
Thanks for your answer and your help. I can see with the built quality that everything is well checked before shipping.
I didn’t try the fresh button yet I have to check it’s position. I am using it with a supergun is it ok or it can be give some issue?

Thanks for your answer and your help. I can see with the built quality that everything is well checked before shipping.
I didn’t try the fresh button yet I have to check it’s position. I am using it with a supergun is it ok or it can be give some issue?
Supergun should work but it's yet another variable. Make sure the buttons are wired directly to the JAMMA edge without anything else in-line. Do you plan to use this in an arcade cabinet at some point?

Back