What's new
No plan so far but in future I would like to have an arcade cabinet (my dream). I am using this sigma av7000 and 9000tb instead of a usb stick directly to Mister, because I like the feeling of the 9000tb arcade stick. This Mistercade is my second mister.

Supergun should work but it's yet another variable. Make sure the buttons are wired directly to the JAMMA edge without anything else in-line. Do you plan to use this in an arcade cabinet at some poin
Supergun should work but it's yet another variable. Make sure the buttons are wired directly to the JAMMA edge without anything else in-line. Do you plan to use this in an arcade cabinet at some point?

The supergun is working properly with an original jamma board. Where should I check for the continuity of button 1 and 2 ?

The supergun is working properly with an original jamma board. Where should I check for the continuity of button 1 and 2
Check for continuity between the button itself and the corresponding pin of the JAMMA edge. Have you followed the manual for installation? USB bridge is properly installed, etc? What happens if you plug in a USB keyboard?

Check for continuity between the button itself and the corresponding pin of the JAMMA edge. Have you followed the manual for installation? USB bridge is properly installed, etc? What happens if you plug in a USB keyboard?
Following installation, I used first a usb keyboard to access f12 without any problem. I will try again after this night also try to play with a usb controller

I just try to play games on mister by plugging jamma from supergun to Mistercade but using a usb keyboard ans usb M30 2.4g 8bitdo. No problem at all it works properly. For the continuity, I don’t know where on the button to make contact with jamma corresponding button. For installation I tried both 15khz through jamma and 31khz to vga out on the screen. Both same, problem of imprecise input (sometimes not responding sometimes kick instead of punch).

I just try to play games on mister by plugging jamma from supergun to Mistercade but using a usb keyboard ans usb M30 2.4g 8bitdo. No problem at all it works properly. For the continuity, I don’t know where on the button to make contact with jamma corresponding button. For installation I tried both 15khz through jamma and 31khz to vga out on the screen. Both same, problem of imprecise input (sometimes not responding sometimes kick instead of punch).
https://www.thegeekpub.com/279928/jamma-pinout-pdf/

This should help you.

I have a real head scratcher of an input problem with my mistercade on a specific cabinet that I have been dealing with for a bit.

I plug my mistercade into a vertical cabinet and it works great, no issues - both players work.

I plug it into my horizontal cabinet (with the standard ini changes for orientation) and it refuses to detect the player 1 controls in either the menu or the games themselves. Player 2 works fine as expected. I plug my naomi board to the same horizontal cabinet and it detects all the controls fine in the service menu, so I'm honestly as a loss to what's going on.

Any ideas?

I have a real head scratcher of an input problem with my mistercade on a specific cabinet that I have been dealing with for a bit.

I plug my mistercade into a vertical cabinet and it works great, no issues - both players work.

I plug it into my horizontal cabinet (with the standard ini changes for orientation) and it refuses to detect the player 1 controls in either the menu or the games themselves. Player 2 works fine as expected. I plug my naomi board to the same horizontal cabinet and it detects all the controls fine in the service menu, so I'm honestly as a loss to what's going on.

Any ideas?

What kind of cabinet is it? Are you using JVS controls with your Naomi?

Any ideas?
My guess is a ground issue on P1 controls. Check your grounds on the last 2-3 pins. Are you using a CPS kick harness?

My guess is a ground issue on P1 controls. Check your grounds on the last 2-3 pins. Are you using a CPS kick harness?

Yep. You were right. Sometimes it is the simplest things.

Should have checked that first, but my working Naomi setup was a red herring. Should have just checked the wires to begin with.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! The new MiSTer main binary is out and features the ability to permanently assign player 1 and player 2 controls. Add this to MiSTer.ini and you're set! No more pressing left side controls first then right side :)

player_1_controller=16D0:10BE.0001
player_2_controller=16D0:10BE.0002

Last edited:
Last post of the day, I promise! I think I'm finally done with MiSTercade VS. In case you're unaware, the VS is a JAMMA linking solution for MiSTercade. It buffers, amplifies, and passes audio and video, as well as encoding the controls to USB HID which goes back to the main MiSTercade.

Need to quadruple check the signal integrity at the 4th cabinet. The setup here is:

MiSTercade VS <- MiSTercade VS <- MiSTercade VS <- MiSTercade

Ignore the monitors on the end - they're just funky in general. I'll fix them... one day haha.

MiSTercade VS video

I'm doing a last prototype since this version has some wild wire fixes. If all is good, I'll open these for pre-orders. No idea what the demand is for these. Price is planned to be <$100.

Because each stage amplifies the audio and video, it shouldn't be limited but it's also an edge case.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! The new MiSTer main binary is out and features the ability to permanently assign player 1 and player 2 controls. Add this to MiSTer.ini and you're set! No more pressing left side controls first then right side :)

Quick question regarding this. Does the update_all script take care of installing the new binary or does it require manually installing it on the microSD card?

Quick question regarding this. Does the update_all script take care of installing the new binary or does it require manually installing it on the microSD card?
Update_all runs the normal MiSTer downloader first so all official MiSTer releases get updated, including main.

I tried this last evening. Definitely an improvement, but I still need to press a button before it starts processing input. First world problem and all that, but it’s annoying when inserting a coin, because it’ll ignore the first one 😅

Is there any way to avoid that first “ignored” press?

I tried this last evening. Definitely an improvement, but I still need to press a button before it starts processing input. First world problem and all that, but it’s annoying when inserting a coin, because it’ll ignore the first one 😅

Is there any way to avoid that first “ignored” press?
Not that I'm aware of

Round 4 of MiSTercades are open for pre-order! This is a new version with a few small updates (see the changelog on the product page for details) and an ETA of January/February due to Spring Festival and ongoing COVID lockdowns.

Also, all new remotes will come with a case. Both versions of remote case are also available, individually.

https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade?variant=40038726860933

Hey all, I'm a complete noob so I'm hoping someone can help.

I recently got a Mistercade to put in my New Astro City. I set up Mister correctly, and followed the quick start guide. It's confirmed working via HDMI and everything appeared to be in order.

There is one issue though. When transferring the 15khz YOKO mister.ini file, the instructions say to replace the existing mister.ini file on the SD card.

No file exists, and when I transfer the 15khz file, it doesn't seem to display anything beyond some vague and rolling imaging of the mister snow, but not a full image.

Am I transferring the wrong ini file? Should I remove the mister_example.ini? Is it something else?

Any help would be much appreciated

Back