What's new
I won't post my testing here(tested various cabinets jamma, chamma and mvs wiring),
Why post that you're not going to post? It'd be more helpful to the community if you DID post this info, then people can compare with their own testing and see if the results work for everyone/solve a problem, or it just happens to work for you, y'know?

Why post that you're not going to post? It'd be more helpful to the community if you DID post this info, then people can compare with their own testing and see if the results work for everyone/solve a problem, or it just happens to work for you, y'know?
Its userbased testing, nothing technical.

But youre right.

Some of us had v1.2 random button registers which couldn't be isolated.

I have a workaround from my limited testing on a jamma wired exceleena 2 cab, chamma wired cab, and a mvs wired woody.

Jamma cab had b4/b5 issues mentioned already

Mvs cab for some reason waa freaking out more than normal jamma, i dont know why but using joystick would also register b2 and b5 inputs, and this was ALOT more frequent making gaming unplayable. chamma cab works fine.

I've tried my jamma harness to chamma board adaptor. Put the mistercade into chamma mode and removed the input issue on both standard jamma cab and my mvs cab

Several original boards crash or display "coin error" if I manipulate the coinlever too fast manually (not when inserting real coins).
So that could be "normal" behavior..
Hey, I was able to fix all of these issues I was facing except for the B Button, I made a new forum post here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/capcom-minicute-repro-player-2-button-2-not-working.27610/ I don't believe the mistercade is the issue, but I'd love anyone's insight! All the other issues I was facing were due to a dip switch setting on my end. Coin switches and P1 / P2 start work perfectly fine now!

Several original boards crash or display "coin error" if I manipulate the coinlever too fast manually (not when inserting real coins).
So that could be "normal" behavior..
When flipping it originally even just once the screen on my setup would flash and then it would crash. After messing around with the settings this has been completely fixed! No screen flash, coins add perfectly fine. Thank you for your input.

When flipping it originally even just once the screen on my setup would flash and then it would crash. After messing around with the settings this has been completely fixed! No screen flash, coins add perfectly fine. Thank you for your input.
Oh, didnt know it crashed that easily :(. Well, glad you fixed it! :D

Oh, didnt know it crashed that easily :(. Well, glad you fixed it! :D
No worries, I'm extremely happy with the way it all works now, I believe my issue currently has to be something regarding wiring, there is just no way the Mistercade could be having issues when it's such a new product, who knows, it may even be my Jamma connector.

I have the mistercade running and it is awesome
I already have 1 sdram installed
Is there a way to add a 2nd sdram to the mistercade? Do I need any additional parts?
Thanks

I’m curious if anyone would know why I can no longer map the P1 and P2 coin buttons on the Mistercade remote when defining game buttons. Both the F & 28 ground pins have snapped off my JAMMA connector in the cabinet, but I just spliced them into another ground wire - so I don’t think it’s that. I can map the coin button to any of the six buttons on the control panel, just not the ones on the remote unit. I did an update_all today as well but not sure if that could change some setting. Cheers all.

Edit: this seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it will work and other times not. The coin mech will sometimes register coins and sometimes not - but it’s using an NRI coin mech and credit board which may confuse things.

Last edited:
Thanks @meybarra
I wonder if we would ever need a third ram module - hopefully he makes it future proof
There are 2 sets of pins on the DE10-nano. The right set is always used for SDRAM. The left set can be used for SDRAM or analog video. To date, there have not been any dual SDRAM required cores, but we might be getting close so I'm making a new revision. There isn't a third bank of pins to use for anything. Curious to see when dual SDRAM cores drop :)
I’m curious if anyone would know why I can no longer map the P1 and P2 coin buttons on the Mistercade remote when defining game buttons. Both the F & 28 ground pins have snapped off my JAMMA connector in the cabinet, but I just spliced them into another ground wire - so I don’t think it’s that. I can map the coin button to any of the six buttons on the control panel, just not the ones on the remote unit. I did an update_all today as well but not sure if that could change some setting. Cheers all.

Edit: this seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it will work and other times not. The coin mech will sometimes register coins and sometimes not - but it’s using an NRI coin mech and credit board which may confuse things.
That seems really odd. Any and all games? Can you map them in the input_test core in the utilities folder?

MiSTercade Versus is finally available. $10 off if you by today! I'll be on my Discord server if you have questions but won't be able to check the forums.
https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade-vs-mister-fpga-jamma-arcade-linking

Cheers!

I haven’t figured out the issue yet @misteraddons but as an example Ninja Baseball Batman allows me to map Start on the CP and P1 coin and Pause on the remote, but Cadillacs and Dinosaurs I’m forced the use K1 for coin and K2 for Start. Is the input test you mentioned called something like ADC input test? I tried that and got a few vertical lines on the screen. I tried the controller test and found that when I press P1 start, P2 start is detected as well. So perhaps this is something to do with my ground wires on the Jamma connector being spliced together?

Hi Guys, recently bought a mistercade V1.2 with V2 remote. Works a dream in my jamma cab, only thing I can't get working is the external volume control on the remote.

I moved the L&R jumpers on the top board from local to remote (moved one step to right), but then I get no audio at all.

I use Audio out via jamma connection.

Any idea why this might be? Rest of remote functions work fine.

Thanks in advance
Adam

Hi Guys, recently bought a mistercade V1.2 with V2 remote. Works a dream in my jamma cab, only thing I can't get working is the external volume control on the remote.

I moved the L&R jumpers on the top board from local to remote (moved one step to right), but then I get no audio at all.

I use Audio out via jamma connection.

Any idea why this might be? Rest of remote functions work fine.

Thanks in advance
Adam
Make sure the volume knob on the mistercade PCB is all the way up

Thanks buddy, just tried that, but still no sound unfortunately . Are my jumpers correct?

Attachments

• 20240120_195414.jpg
    20240120_195414.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240120_195343.jpg
    20240120_195343.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 31
Did you try using the 3.5mm jack to see if any audio is coming through there?
I haven't yet. The documentation wasn't clear. I don't want audio out from the remote.. Only volume control.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of volume knob?

I haven't yet. The documentation wasn't clear. I don't want audio out from the remote.. Only volume control.

Im not sure, I use the 3.5mm in my cab from the mistercade to a seperate amp not the jamma audio. Id check mine for you but Im away from home right now.

If audio is coming out of the 3.5mm that will at least tell us audio is making it to the remote. Jumpers look ok.

Which part of the documentation is unclear?

no worries. I think it's some form of hardware/firmware bug.. I can just use in game global sound instead of the remote. Not end of world as I don't need to open my cab to do it.

Back