What's new
Thanks, I'll test it out on my next digikey order

This looks really cool, I havent seen this before I think I saw a monkey game but it was weird with giant crystal ball, like a bowling ball.

This looks really cool, I havent seen this before I think I saw a monkey game but it was weird with giant crystal ball, like a bowling ball.
That would have been the redemption game

That would have been the redemption game
that explains it then, I went to a dave and buster with some friends to check out what they had. Was not overly impressed. Did play an elevator shooting that seem pretty cool. And they had giant screen pacman that was pretty cool too. Redemption stuff/games are silly though. I got so pissed because it felt like all the games were on a timer instead of play till you lose all your lives :cursing:

Hot damn, this is pretty badass. Who is making/selling these? I have a few of those joysticks I think, need dig them up.

It will be cheaper to build your own, as shipping parts all to the seller then to you can get expensive.
Joystick - Yahoo Auction (about 240 CAD or 200 USD for a set)
CP - Alberto (120 USD +Shipping)
Opamp - Dragonminded 50USD +Shipping)
3D printed banana - about 15
Wiring diagram - https://gamerepair.info/games/45_monkey_ball

Costing me about 350 CAD per panel. And that is me opting out of the opamp and 3d printing the banana myself while my friend does the automotive paint.

Last edited:
It will be cheaper to build your own, as shipping parts all to the seller then to you can get expensive.
Joystick - Yahoo Auction (about 240 CAD or 200 USD for a set)
CP - Alberto (120 USD +Shipping)
Opamp - Dragonminded 50USD +Shipping)
3D printed banana - about 15
Wiring diagram - https://gamerepair.info/games/45_monkey_ball

Costing me about 350 CAD per panel. And that is me opting out of the opamp and 3d printing the banana myself while my friend does the automotive paint.
haha.. i meant the banana part only, i hate finishing 3d printed parts :D

XeD and I are doing a batch of 6 Bananas, I'll post how they turn out. We're trying to match the paint off an original MB Panel.
Have you considered grabbing a resin printer for them? They're like $300 for 'nice' ones now, and really excel at resolution compared to the FDM you're using. Might save a ton of time in finish and prep?

Also, since resin printers flash the entire bed all at once if you had room to layer a few side by side could be faster. Just a thought. How big is a single half of the banana anyways?

My CR6SE 235x235. I can fit about 4 halves (2 set) on the bed. Resin printer are still expensive up here in Canada.

sanding/filling/painting was a pain but a resin print might be too brittle for arcade use.

sanding/filling/painting was a pain but a resin print might be too brittle for arcade use.
You would have to get the tougher mechanical resins, but they also cost more I'm sure. There is some really strong stuff nowadays.

Resin printing would help for surface finish, but at ~170mm for the banana, you would need a larger printer like an Elegoo Saturn or Phrozen Sonic Mighty to fit. Also, there might be some trial and error regarding warping and shrinkage. At least in my experience, small details in a model resolve great, but overall dimensions change by a few % in various places depending on orientation and resin, especially after the curing process.

I'm still not that experienced with resin printing yet, but I can say it's a bit of a pain to deal with since it requires more consumables and time. Works fantastically for certain things though (1 piece CPS2 buttons for example).

Need a heavy duty version. I want to put it on location.

Anyone got a spare Stick they want to part with? I'm wanting to put together a panel, but don't see any of the Gundam sticks anywhere. If anyone has a spare, please let me know!

Back