What's new
There is an OEM adapter for the Noir that came with my friends Noir to connect a FastIO in.

I don't know too much about the 4.1 multi - is that FastIO only?

There is an OEM adapter for the Noir that came with my friends Noir to connect a FastIO in.

I don't know too much about the 4.1 multi - is that FastIO only?
Thanks I will investigate the connector.. the 4.1 supports both JVS and Fast I/O but is only tested on Sega JVS board and there is a known issue with the Namco JVS I/O

You can also fit the smaller Seimitsu sticks, like the LS-58. It's just the bigger sticks (LS-32) that are a problem to mount.

The mounting plate you need is VF.
Turns out the unit Cereth is shipping me has a Lindbergh panel--I take it that the two control panels being interchangeable means the same restrictions apply(?).

I wasn't able to find a clear chart of comparisons between different Seimitsus (fumbling in the dark trying to differentiate all the models), but what I currently have on hand is an LS-40 SS. I've seen this compared to the 32, so my first guess it's likewise too large.

As for LS-58, most places seem to be out of stock, but LS-56 is compatible with VF mounting plate. Would that work?

Yes, the two panels have identical joystick mounts.

The LS-56 will fit. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 56 and the 58 apart from the spring.

Also i'm on a "Namco/Choir Owners Group" on facebook, it's not very active but helpful and if we got more members i'm sure it would be
Can you post a link? Google isn't helping. Found a Vewlix group, but a specific Namco owners group didn't come up.
(I'll officially be qualified in a couple weeks, barring Murphy's Law)
I loathe social media, but I'm trying to glean everything I can on the topic for this new hobby. (very daunting hobby, as I feel like the first person to ever take an interest in arcade hardware who doesn't come from a background as a master electrician)

Thought of a few more stupid questions. Keep in mind I don't know jack shit about electronics beyond, "Don't make toast in the bath tub." So best to sort this out before it arrives.

How long is the power cord?

Is it safe to plug the Noir into an extension cord surge protector?

Can I power a PC internally via the Noir's supply, as you would a PCB (will be using JVS-PAC2), or should the PC be plugged in externally, directly into an outlet?
(Don't know which stats are relevant, but The PSU on my dedicated Noir PC is am EVGA 500B. I plan to use my main system on occasion for more demanding games, but I can't even get to the PSU on that to know its wattage ,etc without disassembly [it's housed in an encasement]).

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for the patience, all.

How long is the power cord?

The Noir has a normal computer power connector receptacle on the back. You plug a power cord to it like you would to a computer. Usually the cords are around 6 feet, but you can replace it with a longer one.

Is it safe to plug the Noir into an extension cord surge protector?

Sure.

Can I power a PC internally via the Noir's supply

You're not using power supplies when you're running things off AC. The cab doesn't have an outlet inside, but there's going to be a fixed power cord that you can use. It's tied to the AC wiring inside.

You're not using power supplies when you're running things off AC. The cab doesn't have an outlet inside, but there's going to be a fixed power cord that you can use. It's tied to the AC wiring inside.
Thanks. I know things'll be easier to figure out on my own once I can poke around inside the thing. (there really isn't enough information online about these damn things, and what does exist assumes some degree of basic pre-existing knowledge of the subject in general)

Looking at pics of PCBs online, I see the place for the power cord looks like a PC's, but wasn't sure if it was indeed compatible, or that, even if I can connect it directly, the current would be comptable with a home computer. Last thing I want is to short out either machine by connecting things that weren't meant to be connected.
(I only know from randomly coming across a Game Saru video that to get HDMI to display requires a using a button under the card-reader panel to switch between inputs, so I'm wondering how many other issues might crop up I can't even conceive of)

Oh, and just realized I forgot one of my questions:
Anybody know a good source for Noir Marquee/moveset art? Mine's coming nekked, so I'd like to make it pretty.

Last edited:
There's a lot of ways to get AC into a cabinet.

You could take the internal IEC cable and use that to power your PC or adapt or cut the end off that cable and add a outlet there.

They sell IEC to Nema 15 adapters as well (IEC power cord to AC outlet)

You could take the internal IEC cable and use that to power your PC or adapt or cut the end off that cable and add a outlet there.
That's what I had in mind, just wasn't sure if it would work (and am pretty shitty at communicating when I didn't know the name for the cables, or... well, anything, haha)

The alternative I considered was just running the PC's power cord out the bottom hatch to plug in alongside the cabinet. invzim did tell me it's best to have both cabinet and computer on the same ground, but in my mind I was wondering if I could simplify things by just treating a home computer as if it were an arcade PCB, and have everything on one circuit.

Kinda thing that in my mind seems feasible, but I half expect I'd try it, fry something, or everything, and then people who actually know what the hell they're doing tell me, "of course that didn't work! What're ya, stupid?"

"Yes."

They sell IEC to Nema 15 adapters as well (IEC power cord to AC outlet)
Looking into this now. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
The alternative I considered was just running the PC's power cord out the bottom hatch to plug in alongside the cabinet. invzim did tell me it's best to have both cabinet and computer on the same ground, but in my mind I was wondering if I could simplify things by just treating a home computer as if it were an arcade PCB, and have everything on one circuit.
You can Just run a PC off the IEC in the cab no worries. This setup has had mame in it for ages and is setup like a arcade pcb.

Attachments

• 7026384.jpg
    7026384.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 116
You can Just run a PC off the IEC in the cab no worries. This setup has had mame in it for ages and is setup like a arcade pcb.
Thanks for the reassurance--that's exactly what I had in mind.
Plan to set BIOS so the computer boots when I turn on the Noir, and set it to boot straight into a frontend, so the only semblance of a windows PC will be if I open it up for maintenance.

Thanks to everyone for the help in trying to plan out this project. I've had pretty rotten luck of late, so kinda paranoid about getting all my ducks in a row in advance so I'm not learning via mistakes. Very thankful for such a friendly and helpful community on the topic.

I’m new to the community and just got my first cab, so I wanted to post and ask some questions. I have a Namco Blanc and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the lights to work without the DBZ game, or original hardware. I plan on running a PC and a Mister. When I power the cab on the monitor starts up fine, but none of the other lights come on. Just curious to hear everyone’s thoughts
B88300F6-30B2-4287-865F-6EBA8785AADA.jpeg

666B259D-DF66-4FF9-8289-CC3F5C1F4573.jpeg

So I see no way possible to integrate the lights plug and play. I’ll probably replace most stuff with simple LEDs, but that’s a project for another day.

On a similar note, it appears as if my audio AMP (C2-IS AMP PCB) is busted. The other giveaway is the heat shield is bent and barely hanging to the amp. The speakers work on a different amp, but I have major clipping. I tried this amp from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077Z7DBRT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title). But double checking it appears to be a 4 Ohm to 8 Ohm amp. Looking at the wiring diagram both a 4 and 8 ohm wired parallel. I am no electronics expert, but does that mean I need an amp capable of driving 2 Ohms? Any suggestions?
image.jpg

Take the front cover off your panel and see if the tube in the top is blow (4 screws each side). This & the control panel lights will power on usually without any namco games etc installed.
Ive got a spare c2-is-n amp over here if you get stuck with the speaker solution. There are a bunch on YAJ that would be suitable also.

Back