What's new
Hi!
Juste a little question,

what is the type of metallic red color on the hubcaps, Candy metal , or Lucifer red Metal
Looks like it's Anodized Red or chrome gloss red vinyl wrap
762_large_image-sca1-1000.jpg
HX30SCH02B-4_1200x1200.jpg

A question for anyone that uses Brook boards (or similar) in their noir, where is the best place to route the usb cable from the control panel, to the game board tray area?

When you lift up the control panel there is a gap near where the sliding innerlock moves, I routed my cables there and mounted my 2 x Brooks converters under the control panel.

When you lift up the control panel there is a gap near where the sliding innerlock moves, I routed my cables there and mounted my 2 x Brooks converters under the control panel.
Do you mean where the interlock actually latches (like in the photo)? I can't get the end of the cable to fit through and does the cable not get snagged when the mechanism moves? I've tried removing the shield by removing the 4 screws on the front but it wouldn't budge. I don't know if if fixed somewhere else or what else I'd need to remove to free it.

Attachments

• noir control panel lock mech.jpg
    noir control panel lock mech.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 141
Why not just pop out the molex connector and feed the cord through the empty hole
This. That’s what I did, you can leave the actual controls molex in place and just push out the non necessary ones.

Actually maybe that’s what I did too, it’s been a long time since I ran the Cables.

Good to see this thread still active 👍🏻
I’m having a sound issue if anyone can help, lots of hissing from the speakers, think it’s down to the fast I/o as when I changed it back to normal I/o board it wasn’t as bad, only problem is I couldn’t get any controls to work on my tx3 so had to put fast I/o back in and loud hissing back, been a while since I messed with this so can’t remember everything 🤦🏼‍♂️, can’t figure out why standard i/o wouldn’t work on tx3 as I’m sure it did.

if its the multi in your ttx3 then yeah it would work fine on the namco i/o once set to jvs in the utils menu , i had sound issues and it was the linkboard in the bottom of the cabinet for me

Good to see this thread still active 👍🏻
I’m having a sound issue if anyone can help, lots of hissing from the speakers, think it’s down to the fast I/o as when I changed it back to normal I/o board it wasn’t as bad, only problem is I couldn’t get any controls to work on my tx3 so had to put fast I/o back in and loud hissing back, been a while since I messed with this so can’t remember everything 🤦🏼‍♂️, can’t figure out why standard i/o wouldn’t work on tx3 as I’m sure it did.
I had the same control issue, some games worked and some did not, even after setting the JVS in utils menu.

As for the hissing, try a ground loop isolator, worked for my issue when I was using a JVS-PAC 2 in my Noir.

I had the same control issue, some games worked and some did not, even after setting the JVS in utils menu.

As for the hissing, try a ground loop isolator, worked for my issue when I was using a JVS-PAC 2 in my Noir.

Yeah I’ve just found out I need to set it to jvs, controls work now but street fighter v doesn’t 🤦🏼‍♂️ So I’ll go back to fast I/o, not sure if nesica’s still needed though as I think I’ve blown it while messing 😆

Hello! Proud new Noir owner here! =)

What are the best locks for these cabs? My standard arcade locks don’t fit on them!

Cheers for that, every one I asked hadn’t heard of a ground loop isolator, so got one from Amazon, I was a bit sceptical as it’s a loud hiss, but yep totally gone.

Maplins used to sell these in the UK, main use was to get rid of hiss or hum in cars after fitting a new car stereo.

I made my control panel kid friendly, as my 7 and 4 year old would constantly ask me which button is which. The panel itself is an Alberto proto reject, looks and functions beautifully except for the screw holes that were not supposed to be cut out on the overlay. I removed the banapassport and gorrila taped a black painted piece of acrylic and mounted 2x24mm buttons for select/coin/back as well as relocated the volume knob for easy adjustment.

Attachments

• IMG_E6679.JPG
    IMG_E6679.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 410
@rocket @AMS @muckyfingers @mR_CaESaR
was Thinking of a few things that would be nice for the owners
nbr 1 we need a dedicated Namco Noir owners thread with the info of the different models. I was lucky enough to scoop a model c in 2017 no clue how I got that lucky as it was a 2016 model
nbr 2 we need a panel like the viewlix has for extra buttons and switches. Not sure if someone can print one but we need to get it rolling. I’m talking about the card reader btw. It’s a perfect place for extra stuff.
nbr 3 we need a vesa mount solution that can be adjusted with washers or printed spacers to push the lcd mounted panel to the front of the glass. No point to replace the old 720p models with original. A 32 inch 1080p with less than 4ms of lag is a few hundred and those 720p og ones ghost. I also would like to put a 4K in mine eventually.
nbr 4 we need a replacement stickers source

Also I added a nice little pc base bin using the aux signal on the I/o not sure if any other versions have this beside the c. It’s incredible.
I also have a English translated ver A manual I put on the fb group and I added both pdfs for the factory spec sheets on the speakers in case you want to replace them. I am looking for high quality replacements and think I might have a good source for both.

Also if anyone is using a PS4 or Xbox get a usb headset box from eBay and you can pull audio that way. It’s works great and on some you can use the optical cable to pull it.

So I was board tonight when I got home. tried to come up with Instructions for people who are clueless, but at the same time having them be universal. Also decided to try my hand at a marquee. I used a stock background so wasn’t that tough and added a few things. The instruction sheet is nowhere near done. I’ll figure out a place to upload some of this once I get better. I’d like to recreate the artwork on the cab itself and will be doing some measurements soon. I’ve owned a lot of cabinets but these are absolute tanks.

Attachments

• B868E299-33DA-41AF-B33E-CAF513190868.jpeg
    B868E299-33DA-41AF-B33E-CAF513190868.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 00645D2C-2759-45E1-9999-7B5272823497.jpeg
    00645D2C-2759-45E1-9999-7B5272823497.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 7CF445EA-9B8E-4606-BA1F-9164DCA83B6D.jpeg
    7CF445EA-9B8E-4606-BA1F-9164DCA83B6D.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 104
Back