What's new
Hmm thats pretty cool. Time to hack the xbox one fight stick to fit the 2p panel and make it a mk11 cab

Just a note, i scanned few month ago the Japanase manual of the noir cab" B version
You can find it there : https://wiki.hfsplay.fr/doku.php?id=bornes:namco:noir_cabinet_hd
So its in japanese but we've got the technical information.

2022-06-13 09_57_20-Window.png2022-06-13 09_58_35-Window.png

was Thinking of a few things that would be nice for the owners
nbr 1 we need a dedicated Namco Noir owners thread with the info of the different models. I was lucky enough to scoop a model c in 2017 no clue how I got that lucky as it was a 2016 model

I think it'd be a good idea as I know the amount of information is not much about the Noirs and this thread started off as that, but there's a lot of stuff getting lost imo.

nbr 2 we need a panel like the viewlix has for extra buttons and switches. Not sure if someone can print one but we need to get it rolling. I’m talking about the card reader btw. It’s a perfect place for extra stuff.

I believe @jermz1 may have had preliminary suggestions of a panel mount for the Noirs like he did for the vewlixs. I'm not sure if he ever got any further though. I personally tapped into the buttons to use as my share and home buttons on my noirs.

nbr 3 we need a vesa mount solution that can be adjusted with washers or printed spacers to push the lcd mounted panel to the front of the glass. No point to replace the old 720p models with original. A 32 inch 1080p with less than 4ms of lag is a few hundred and those 720p og ones ghost. I also would like to put a 4K in mine eventually.

This would definitely be great. I'm just waiting for my 720p sanwa's to die before changing over. A nice bracket like hadouken arcades for the vewlixs would be nice, but I believe unecessary as I'm sure 3d printed washers/spacers would suffice. I unfortunately suck at any of that type of development :(

nbr 4 we need a replacement stickers source

I also believe @jermz1 has worked on a couple of stickers for the Noirs, but I'm not sure where they're at.

I've been dying for someone to repro the top sticker bezel as I would like to remove the "Tekken 6" version with the "Noir Cabinet HD" version.

I'm sure there's also others that have done the P1 and P2 stickers, but the labels would definitely be nice.

Also I added a nice little pc base bin using the aux signal on the I/o not sure if any other versions have this beside the c. It’s incredible.
I also have a English translated ver A manual I put on the fb group and I added both pdfs for the factory spec sheets on the speakers in case you want to replace them. I am looking for high quality replacements and think I might have a good source for both.

Also if anyone is using a PS4 or Xbox get a usb headset box from eBay and you can pull audio that way. It’s works great and on some you can use the optical cable to pull it.

Have you got a pic of it? I've got the OG tekken 6 A version but I'm not really sure what you mean by pc base bin.

Another alternative for getting audio out is passing through a HDMI splitter without a 3.5mm out. I currently use a 360/pc or ttx3 in mine - haven't gone ps4 yet as I've been cheap and only used ps360's :D

@Lemony Vengeance can make pass through harnesses. makes it so you can us a Brook UFB board plug and play. I wired a ufb so I’m good for all current gen consoles and pc

I've done something similar for someone here in AU and I'm more than happy to do some more for AU customers - it's just so expensive for shipping overseas atm...

Here's a straight 20 pin to the existing connectors of the CP - it's the 6 buttons, start and JLF

b4EraJCl.jpg

Here's the same thing with an extra harness to accommodate home, share, touchpad key and L1/L2

5usg5hGl.jpg

I'm sure I made a post about the parts and connectors on the FB Noir group - but I'd have to confirm. Looks like I only made it about the button harness to the back plate connector and not the ones I made for the brook

Last edited:
The artwork has been rotation with my other long list of projects. So far ive modeled the banapass cover w/bracket and operation panel cover w/bracket both w/artwork. Just need to print test fitment. Im not sure if i started on a extra button panel as I couldn't decide to keep it flush or add an angle. Have to check my files. As far as monitor bezel stickers I have to verify which version I completed. I just picked up a blanc operational panel still need to unwrap that n measure everything.

Here's all the WIP
Even had the idea to redirect the airflow out of the cab.
You could easily mount a magnetic fan that powers on from the ES3 usb port. I've tested that so far.

Last edited:
This thread seems to be, by far, the best resource for Namco Noirs on the internet, so I'm going to highjack it for my own queries if that's okay.

I will preface this by saying that I am a complete arcade novice, so apologies for the inevitable stupid questions. Feel free to facepalm at me.

Okay, so I've been planning to get a coin-op arcade cabinet I can stuff a PC into, and Namco Noir is by far my preference. My intention is to use various arcade emulators with a setup that actually demands coins for credits; I thought the RAP 4 Kai and PC/TV would satisfy the nostalgia itch, but just pushing a button from the couch to continue is really disappointing compared to the genuine experience.
I'd also like to hook up the Sinden Light Gun and a flight stick, and maybe trackball, and just have the cords wrapped around the back, so it can truly be a universal machine.

So, for clarification, if you good folks would help me out,

1. Is a JVS-PAC 2 all I would need to properly convert the Noir into an emulator? Does the wiring for the credit slot attach easily to this, or would something else be required?

2.A) Can the coin acceptor be made to accept quarters (do quarters even fit in the cabinet's coin slot?), and if not, would changing it with another coin accepter that is quarter-friendly be a fairly straightforward task?

B) As I don't actually have a problem using Yen instead of quarters, can anybody tell me where the hell I can actually find the kind of coins a Namco Noir coin acceptor will accept? Looking online all I've been able to find are gimmick novelty trinkets and not authentic currency. (I imagine I'd have been able to enjoy arcades more as a child if I had a wealth of cheap knock-off novelty quarters)

3. I've noticed 2 player cabs still have only 1 coin slot. Are credits just shared equally between players? Also, since I'll probably get a 1 player machine and purchase a two player panel separately, is the board set up to easily accept the wiring for twice as many buttons?

4. And speaking of board/wiring, and I realize this is a stupid question even while asking it, but just to be safe:
Would it be fairly easy to change out the buttons/lever for Seimitsu parts? I read somewhere that somebody couldn't fit the connectors through the hole the wires were fed through to reach the board. I don't NEED to replace the parts, but I'd really like to have the option, as much because I prefer Seimitsu as for the sake of being able to change out parts for different games.

5. Does the Sinden Light Gun work properly with the Noir's screen? Would there be any kind of issue with this intended setup?

6.And lastly (until more comes to mind anyway),
Where is the best place to buy one of these majestic beasts?
I saw somebody recommend KCarcade, but aside from the fact his thread advertising stock seems to have been closed, I've read disconcerting posts about questionable business practices (namely, there's no guarantee that what you get is even functional).
I saw somebody recommend Cereth for west coast, but I'm in PA. Anything better available?
All I've been able to find from google is shadaloo, which is twice as expensive BEFORE shipping, and the only review I could find said that their quality control is pretty shoddy.
I've been under a LOT of stress lately, and had a really bad run of bad luck, and a lot of bad experiences with online sellers, so I'd really like to just have an easy no-hassle transaction.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

1. Is a JVS-PAC 2 all I would need to properly convert the Noir into an emulator? Does the wiring for the credit slot attach easily to this, or would something else be required?

I haven't used a JVSPAC2 before, but if it's anything like the JPAC, it should register all the inputs to keyboard strokes (ie. 1 for 1p start, 5 for coin etc), so in theory, yes, you should be able to use a JVS-PAC2 and use a PC for emulators.

2.A) Can the coin acceptor be made to accept quarters (do quarters even fit in the cabinet's coin slot?), and if not, would changing it with another coin accepter that is quarter-friendly be a fairly straightforward task?

My coin mech on the noir was a mechanical one, with 100 yen coin mechs, if a quarter is roughly the same size in diameter as the 100 yen, you can adjust the mech to suit the coin. In my case, I adjusted 100 yen mechanical coin mechs to work with arcade tokens in other cabs, for the noir, I used electronic coin mechs

B) As I don't actually have a problem using Yen instead of quarters, can anybody tell me where the hell I can actually find the kind of coins a Namco Noir coin acceptor will accept? Looking online all I've been able to find are gimmick novelty trinkets and not authentic currency. (I imagine I'd have been able to enjoy arcades more as a child if I had a wealth of cheap knock-off novelty quarters)

Yeah you can definitely change the coin mechs. As long as you get a top loading coin mech, it's easy enough. As mentioned above, I swapped for an electronic coin mech from china - this gave me the ability to adjust to the specific token for the noir which was the Namco tokens :)

3. I've noticed 2 player cabs still have only 1 coin slot. Are credits just shared equally between players? Also, since I'll probably get a 1 player machine and purchase a two player panel separately, is the board set up to easily accept the wiring for twice as many buttons?

Credit are shared - but it might depend on the game. The cabinet has connectors inside the control panel where you just plug in the p2 harness (which is exactly as the p1 harness expect it goes into another connector)

4. And speaking of board/wiring, and I realize this is a stupid question even while asking it, but just to be safe:
Would it be fairly easy to change out the buttons/lever for Seimitsu parts? I read somewhere that somebody couldn't fit the connectors through the hole the wires were fed through to reach the board. I don't NEED to replace the parts, but I'd really like to have the option, as much because I prefer Seimitsu as for the sake of being able to change out parts for different games.

The way the mounts are, it's specifically for a Sanwa JLF stick (the one without the mounting plate). Seimitsu buttons are fine as they're just 30mm buttons, it's the stick that you'll have a challenge with unless you purchase @alberto1225 's panel which I believe comes with both a sanwa and seimitsu mount

5. Does the Sinden Light Gun work properly with the Noir's screen? Would there be any kind of issue with this intended setup?

Can't comment on this as I don't have any experience on this gun

6.And lastly (until more comes to mind anyway),
Where is the best place to buy one of these majestic beasts?
I saw somebody recommend KCarcade, but aside from the fact his thread advertising stock seems to have been closed, I've read disconcerting posts about questionable business practices (namely, there's no guarantee that what you get is even functional).
I saw somebody recommend Cereth for west coast, but I'm in PA. Anything better available?
All I've been able to find from google is shadaloo, which is twice as expensive BEFORE shipping, and the only review I could find said that their quality control is pretty shoddy.
I've been under a LOT of stress lately, and had a really bad run of bad luck, and a lot of bad experiences with online sellers, so I'd really like to just have an easy no-hassle transaction.

GndZero I believe can accommodate over that side of the state, but I don't believe there's anyone specific in PA. I'm sure the locals in that area can chime in

@mR_CaESaR
Don't know if this is a new account limitation, but I scoured for the like/thanks/upvote button and couldn't find one. So I say verbally: Thanks for your time/input. (made me a bit less nervous about dropping money on this) .

This is one of those stupid questions I warned of, but does "coast" really matter? I looked into recommended sellers, and the guy in California charges 30% less than the more local seller. Is it that west coast dealers are not willing to ship that far or that doing so will cost too much to be feasible? Is paying $400 more for an East Coast seller really a good deal vs. haggling out shipping for something shipped cross-country?
In my case, every penny literally matters.

Still open to any other advice/suggestions from others.

Oh, that's only 2 hours from me. It would definitely save on shipping.
Will look into them; thanks for the rec.

I was a novice when i started this thread and so glad it's still been looked through and giving advice, i've now got 2 namco noirs and a blanc and still learning lol, you can't go wrong with a noir, don't buy a blanc unless your planning on doing a full rewire, as it is it's great for using as my tv so been used more than the others :), i'm using original hardware with multis in mine so can't help with pc stuff.

Also i'm on a "Namco/Choir Owners Group" on facebook, it's not very active but helpful and if we got more members i'm sure it would be

Also i'm on a "Namco/Choir Owners Group" on facebook, it's not very active but helpful and if we got more members i'm sure it would be

Pretty much sums up anything noir related :)

I've tried to provide as much info as I can in the group, but yeah, like thr noir, there's no many people in the group due the lack of noir users :)

Pretty much sums up anything noir related :)

I've tried to provide as much info as I can in the group, but yeah, like thr noir, there's no many people in the group due the lack of noir users :)
ya I try to contribute as much as possible also. This winter I will be doing a lot of things and projects that will all be Noir related.

I’ve just got myself a decent 32” monitor to put in my blanc, I’ve removed the old monitor but no idea how I’m going to mount the new one and line it up with the front screen, does anyone have any ideas or done a monitor swap themselves without using original monitor.

so,someone on Fb used Versatile 30cm long perforated iron plate bracket to make it work. Here is a pick of what you are looking for. With these you can essentially make a bracket. I plan on making one this winter at some point to put a 4K in my noir.
edit: you want to use the bracket of the old noir monitor “I used a 30cm perforated iron plate arranged in a rectangle assembled with the default Namco Noir bracket, and it went in and was good and re-installed with the screen plastic casing neatly” The monitor he used
Anton Mezzone https://www.asus.com/id/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/Eye-Care/VA329HE/
3F721705-EF12-49C9-BC87-D9875BEC948D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, I just bought a Namco Noir and have (the well documented) compatibility issues with the Taito X3 Multi... I wasnt sure whether to post here or in the Taito X3 threads but here goes....

....the issue arises due to the Namco JVC I/O, there seems a possible work round using the JVS PAC2... which I guess provides a USB I/O which should work better; I have not found anyone able to confirm this in my searches. If any one has please let me know!

The option I am seeking a bit of support on is the possibility of just swapping the NAJV2 I/O board for a Taito Fast I/0.... Any thoughts? The connectors are different but are the pin layouts the same?

Back