What's new
Parts have arrived, and I've started assembly. The units will ship with this firmware (which of course also works with the previous revision).
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/firmware

Shot a short video on how the menu/config stuff works:

Also shot a quick video on firmware updates while I was at it:

Still got 4 units available in this batch. Head over to https://irkenlabs.com/store/products to secure yours :D Should ship this week.

Parts have arrived, and I've started assembly. The units will ship with this firmware (which of course also works with the previous revision).

Still got 4 units available in this batch. Head over to https://irkenlabs.com/store/products to secure yours :D Should ship this week.
Firmware menu looks great! The options look very helpful for my various boards as well. I know I had mentioned it in the past regarding the start button and my Neo Geo problem but I have one last idea on how to get around it and wanted to know if it was possible or something you would be willing to do - on start up if A or B whichever is held before/during power on force P1 Start to be high until JVS is synced to the unit.

Can you put me in the list for 2?

i thought I would share some info regarding the Capcom JVS I/O 2.0, the reason I am posting in this thread was the discovery was made when doing some lag testing with the Jammafier.

And I only confirmed it, it was trap15 who discovered this issue.

To understand the issue you must understand that the JVS master node polls the JVS slaves with a command requesting switch input.

However, the Capcom I/O responds to the switch input request with the button states at the time of the previous request.

I wrote a program to test this, here is the output:

Code:
Node      : $01
Identity  : No Brand;NAOMI Converter98701;ver2.0;

Hold down P1 Button A and hit enter

Player 1:
    Data  : $0000
  Player 2:

Remove finger and hit enter

Player 1:
    Data  : $0200
  Player 2:
Each time enter is hit I do an explicit poll request from the JVS slave.

Note:
This is a firmware bug in the Capcom I/O it is NOT related in any way to the Jammafier!

Last edited:
Firmware menu looks great! The options look very helpful for my various boards as well. I know I had mentioned it in the past regarding the start button and my Neo Geo problem but I have one last idea on how to get around it and wanted to know if it was possible or something you would be willing to do - on start up if A or B whichever is held before/during power on force P1 Start to be high until JVS is synced to the unit.
I looked into it a bit, and I don't think it's technically possible. Even with the delay I have now, the IO board on my Naomi Universal cab still need a bit more time - and the neo geo is way past it's boot procedure by the time it's ready to process.

What you can do though, is to do it manually. Since the Jammafier has the Jamma connector it has, hooking stuff up to the pins is easy. Random image from the internet:
grabber.jpg
Hook one side to the button you want, add a switch/button, and the other to GND. Not super-sexy, but safe and fully reversible.

Can you put me in the list for 2?
Get on the list by going here https://irkenlabs.com/store/products

Once the units are assembled and tested, I will send out paypal invoices - when payments are cleared, order status changes to CONFIRMED, then to SHIPPED when they are out the door.

It's not amazon, but it beats keeping track of PM's. My goal is to eventually have a small stock (also for the JVS-PAC2) and direct payment on the website, but not quite there yet.

I looked into it a bit, and I don't think it's technically possible. Even with the delay I have now, the IO board on my Naomi Universal cab still need a bit more time - and the neo geo is way past it's boot procedure by the time it's ready to process.

What you can do though, is to do it manually. Since the Jammafier has the Jamma connector it has, hooking stuff up to the pins is easy. Random image from the internet:
grabber.jpg
Hook one side to the button you want, add a switch/button, and the other to GND. Not super-sexy, but safe and fully reversible.
Yeah I have a setup similar to that currently I was just hoping there was a potential for a more elegant solution :)

No worries though, I'll dream something stupid up soon I'm sure

This is exactly what I was looking for.
I'm working on my Supergun MK2 and I want it to be JVS compatible so I can get ready for a cab eventually one day.
This will help me standardize all my old gear into JVS using the Capcom IO, and outputting to an OLED via a cleansync/VGA/OSSC/Hdmi
Very excited this is a thing.
I already spoke with you this morning. Order #33, so this is ME here :)

9NwdJfy.gif

Goddamn, this place is making me broke.

Sad I had to miss this, but busy moving.

would love to grab one if any left or being made. Meanwhile, good show.

Factory/office time :) Hope the invoicing/payment stuff was not too complicated.

Got 6 left to assemble, and will ship out on Monday - ONE unit left, don't delay..

Here is a pic of the current revision, changes include diode fix is incorporated on the PCB, a different VGA connector that is easier to source, same with the RCA connectors and a LED for -5V to make QA quicker. Features/firmware/functionality/performance is identical to the first revision.

jvspacrev15.JPG

I couldn't throw money at you faster.
You have been paid good sir!
The invoicing system is not complicated.
Everything makes sense.
I look forward to seeing all this run perfectly through my portable JVS setup!
Now shut up and take my money!!!!

:)

Hi,

New here.

Just got my 2 Jammafier's in today! XD
Own 2 Taito Vewlix cabinets (Vewlix F, Vewlix L/AMI)

Anybody have tried the Jammafier with the OSSC yet?

How would you hookup VGA... direct to the OSSC or would you need tri sync helper in between the Jammafier and OSSC?

Much appreciated if someone here can clarify some things in this matter.

How would you hookup VGA... direct to the OSSC or would you need tri sync helper in between the Jammafier and OSSC?

To avoid overloading the OSSC you would need a tri-sync helper.

randyvicious wrote:
Hi,

New here.

Just got my 2 Jammafier's in today! XD
Own 2 Taito Vewlix cabinets (Vewlix F, Vewlix L/AMI)

There's quite a bit of info in these threads.
Do some Google-Fu, and search around a bit via the utility here.
There's a couple pages back that explains optimal setups including ones with an OSSC.
While there's not much usage notes on these in the wild (at least I can search on here), I'm sure they will be plentiful soon.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow and I can confirm some usage cases with various equipment.
I'll have first-hand exposure to a Jammafier as it's a part of my new supergun build which includes a Capcom IO, Undamned encoders, OSSC, and a TriSync helper.
I want to standardize video output of everything to VGA for the OSSC to convert.
Plus this will help me deliver accurate power for every component without the clutter of trying to power everything along the chain.

Once I get everything together, perhaps I'll open up a project thread.

Payment sent :)
Once I get everything together, perhaps I'll open up a project thread.
Do it :)

I just got my second batch of jammafiers, gonna do a head to head comparison with my vewlix jamma kit.

the setup will be to use the jammafiers along with the ossc on the vewlix and hopefully replace the Taito jamma kits.

Last edited:
Finally was able to test the Jammafier over the weekend, first of all I must say the craftsmanship and quality of this product is excellent!
Started out with the latest firmware update before anything else and it worked fine.
Hooked up a board and was a bit confused as the default button mapping after the FW update was set to MVS mode :P
Switched it back and working perfect in my New Net City with Sega Type 1 IO with stuff like CPS2, F3, and Konami

Will test it in the Cyberlead with Namco IO next weekend :D

And as suggested before, I would really advice to look into the possibility to include the tri-sync helper bit on the main Jammafier board, on/off toggle switch for those that don't want to use it.
I would definitely take a 2nd one if that would be an option, would clean it up so nicely :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It should not start with MVS as default?!? Will have to check that out, it stores settings in an .ini file on the sd card, so with no sd card it should be plain layout.
Anyho - if it does, it's a bug that will be fixed.

The video/ossc stuff is a little complicated. The tri-sync helper is purpose built for tri-sync's CRT's, and YMMV with the OSSC for a couple of reasons:

1 - the VGA input on the OSSC does not have a low-pass filter
2 - There have been reports that e.g. Taito F3 does not with with H/V sync on the VGA port, but works with C-SYNC on the Scart input.

Out-of-the-box, technically, the OSSC does not handle arcade video. It may work, but is out of spec. The video part is a complicated area with many parameters, which is part of the reason I chose to leave it out to avoid hitting corner cases left and right. While there could be an OSSC-helper, that thing should really be a generic jamma to OSSC part, and probably by made by someone else than me :)

@PascalP DO let me know how the Cyberlead stuff works out! With the JVS-PAC, it only worked for the earlier revisions of the IO for some reason.

It should not start with MVS as default?!? Will have to check that out, it stores settings in an .ini file on the sd card, so with no sd card it should be plain layout.
Anyho - if it does, it's a bug that will be fixed.
Well this is exaclty what I did in this order;

- Unpack the Jammafier :P
- Hook everything up to my cab, video, audio, power, JVS
- Insert SD card with latest FW file
- Power ON cab and update FW
- Power OFF cab and connect a Jamma board
- Power ON and got confused as it was set to MVS layout
- Change settings to 'normal' and everything OK, also after power cycles and swapping boards

Note; I did not remove the SD card after the FW update, but it should be blank otherwise, no INI file or anything as it was a brand new Jammafier and SD card.

Back