What's new
Can anyone with a nanao ms2930 confirm if the jammifier works with their monitor? More specifically- can it accept 15k over DB-15?

Hey just wanted to double-check that the JVS-PAC 2 hasn't actually gone up for sale yet right? Just put up as you intend to sell them in the future?

Are there any plans/is it feasible to have a Fast-IO variant of the Jammafier and JVS-PAC? Fast-IO seem to be very common now and come in nearly every single used vewlix, as well as being readily available as a standalone pcb on auction sites. I came across somebody (corey?) saying that fast-io was "easy" to interface. Would be a really nice product!

Fast-IO seem to be very common now and come in nearly every single used vewlix, as well as being readily available as a standalone pcb on auction sites.
It's getting more common yes, but JVS PCBs for Vewlix are still readily available.
I had to purchase one for my Vewlix Diamond (came as FastIO) but my Capcom and L-AMI both came as JVS already.

so today I tested the Jammafier in my Cyberlead for the first time instead of in my NNC and it reports 'Unknown IO', otherwise all is working fine. :thumbsup:

Attached is the log file.

Also I'm happy to report the Tri-Sync helper does an excellent job on the MS9 from the Cyberlead!

Attachments

• jamdebug.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
so today I tested the Jammafier in my Cyberlead for the first time instead of in my NNC and it reports 'Unknown IO', otherwise all is working fine. :thumbsup:

Also I'm happy to report the Tri-Sync helper does an excellent job on the MS9 from the Cyberlead!
Great stuff, thanks for testing! The source is actually updated with ID of the cyberlead IO but I see I haven't published it - I'll get a new one up for download soon! Would be super interesting if anyone has the version 3 of the cyberlead IO as that one had issues with the JVS-PAC.

Great stuff, thanks for testing! The source is actually updated with ID of the cyberlead IO but I see I haven't published it - I'll get a new one up for download soon! Would be super interesting if anyone has the version 3 of the cyberlead IO as that one had issues with the JVS-PAC.
nice!

I have a v1 and v2 Cyberlead IO to test and @xodaraP has a v3 I think

I do, and it didn't work with the V1 JVS-PAC - I got some equipment to try and read from the board to fix that but never got around to it.

I also have a V1 as my spare :)

Got some time in this weekend and have a few Jammafiers back in stock - tracked shipping cost is greatly reduced as I just got a new deal with FedEx
Great News!!! Since my cabinet pretty much uses yours as it's heart at this point, I might have to scoop up another from you very soon.

BTW, have you been tagging train cars???
One of them showed up in one of my yards.
20190225_173421.jpg

New revision of the helper, now with selectable C/HV switch. Had to add a few parts, so price is increased a bit. It's no longer an "option" but can be purchased independently.

tri-helper2.JPG

If you're an existing customer with 1755B or KW0606 chassis - get in touch..

Anyone know why my Jammafier 1.6 isn't registering Kick Button 6 when I have it hooked up to either of my CPS2 boards? This is a New Net City Cabinet that had a Pandora's Box 4 installed. The Jammafier shows Button 6 working when I push it on the OLED test screen. However when I go into the CPS2 test screen button 6 is showing a "1" the whole time.

That is because the Pandora’s Box has button 6 on the edge connecter.
This is not standard Jamma pinout and not supported by the Jammafier which uses that pin for ground (that’s why it registers as 1).

You need to get a little adapter to adapt to this pinout, which can be done with a JNX Atlas for example

Anyone know why my Jammafier 1.6 isn't registering Kick Button 6 when I have it hooked up to either of my CPS2 boards? This is a New Net City Cabinet that had a Pandora's Box 4 installed. The Jammafier shows Button 6 working when I push it on the OLED test screen. However when I go into the CPS2 test screen button 6 is showing a "1" the whole time.
I'm a little confused - are you using a pandora's box or CPS2 hardware? :D

Overview of where all the buttons are here:
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/controls

Regardless of pandoras box or CPS2, on the Jammafier button 6 is only available via the JST-XH connector.

I'm a little confused - are you using a pandora's box or CPS2 hardware? :D
Overview of where all the buttons are here:
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/controls

Regardless of pandoras box or CPS2, on the Jammafier button 6 is only available via the JST-XH connector.
Sorry, it was late when I typed this up, reading it back now sounds confusing. So what I have is a new net city cabinet that came with a Pandora’s Box 4 Pink and a Jammafier with tri sync helper. I was told it has the original JVS wiring, which appears correct because of the age of the wiring. I disconnected the Jammafier from the Pandora’s Box and plugged it into the CPS2 motherboard I have a kick harness from my HAS that I used to connect the Jammafier to the CPS2 motherboard. I’ve tried 2 different CPS2 boards. The strange thing is the Jammafier test screen shows button 6 working, but it doesn’t work on the CPS2 and is showing a 1 all of the time.

Last edited:
Ah ok, so you are talking about actual CPS2 hardware, not CPS2 games on the Pandora.

Did you try 2 different A boards or B boards?
Also do you know if your kick harness is wired correctly?

Ah ok, so you are talking about actual CPS2 hardware, not CPS2 games on the Pandora.

Did you try 2 different A boards or B boards?
Also do you know if your kick harness is wired correctly?
I've got 2 different A & B boards I tried. Kick Harness appears to be wired correctly based on the pinouts.

Well I figured out the problem, looks like whomever I got this from decided to do some modification to the Jammafier to allow Buttons 6 to come from the PCB on the Pandora's Box and is basically grounding the pins when the CPS2 is connected. I should be able to just buy or make a harness to do this the proper way. There has to be a cleaner way to do this with an adapter of some sort.

KK6xKIc.jpg

5I5mBem.jpg

Last edited:
Back