What's new

whatnot

Student
Reaction score
@winteriscoming I just wanted to ping you to say thanks for these! The WMMT1/2 one works great and I can finally enjoy the game instead of resetting every time. :)

I've rehosted the projects on GitHub as it was difficult to find these by simple searches online and this particular board is behind a login wall.

https://github.com/GXTX/arcade_card_emus

I know you were working on some other stuff including creating fake cards with images and writing on them, I'd love to see those public (maybe even on github so you/we can track changes) so maybe other people could help bring it further along.

Last edited:

whatnot

Student
Reaction score
Got bored and decided to take a look into WMMT in an attempt to avoid just using reply attacks.

Code:
[SYNC][COMMAND LENGTH][COMMAND][30][30][30][unk (always 03)?][checksum8 xor without sync]

Sync: 0x02
Chihiro waiting/ACK: 0x05
Reader ACK: 0x06

The first 30 is I believe a marker for card status with 30 being no card, 31 being there's a card and 34 it's a clean card.
No clue about 2nd 30, maybe writer or hopper status?
The 3rd 30 is likely a reader status, 30 idle, 32 reading, 33 cleaning.

If winteriscoming could've notated when he inserted cards, and when the hopper is empty that would also help.

sakiranorium

Beginner
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
In the card emu for WMMT, it seemed to restart the script to replace the cards, so I changed it to replace the cards when the cards are ejected.
The way to use it is to input the file name when you receive the card ejection command.
If there is no name, as in the first case, a new file will be created
Also, I'm not sure if it's right, but I've included image printing and font registration.
I tested it with a serial emulator, but I don't know if it works on a real machine.

So it would be helpful if you could test this script.
View attachment WMMTEMU_card_change.zip

※2020/05/11
When ejecting a card, it looks like the card is being pulled out.
Fixed to make it look like there is no card in the card after ejecting it.
Corrected a checksum and a typo of 7B command.
View attachment WMMTEMU_card_change_fix3.zip

Last edited:

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
Interesting that people are jumping in to work on these scripts at this point. Thanks for sharing.

I do have a version that supports printing with a RPI web-based frontend. It has a much improved workflow, and manages card ejection and changes. I'm just not ready to release it publicly. Maybe others can put together something better before I get there.

UYO

Beginner
Reaction score
Good afternoon.
In the card emu for WMMT, it seemed to restart the script to replace the cards, so I changed it to replace the cards when the cards are ejected.
The way to use it is to input the file name when you receive the card ejection command.
If there is no name, as in the first case, a new file will be created
Also, I'm not sure if it's right, but I've included image printing and font registration.
I tested it with a serial emulator, but I don't know if it works on a real machine.

So it would be helpful if you could test this script.
View attachment WMMTEMU_card_change.zip

※2020/05/11
When ejecting a card, it looks like the card is being pulled out.
Fixed to make it look like there is no card in the card after ejecting it.
Corrected a checksum and a typo of 7B command.
View attachment WMMTEMU_card_change_fix3.zip
Good evening.
I used the WMMTEMU_card_change_fix3 script here to check the operation.
Cabinet name: Rewritable stage
System board: System 246/256
Game: The iDOLM @ STER

Since this game uses two cards, the card change function was necessary.
As a result, I was able to confirm the operation from the new game to issuing the first card, issuing the second card, and finally exchanging the cards and saving the data on both cards.
I can't print it for now, but it seems to be okay to play the game.
In the future, I would like to make improvements so that it will be easier to save data including printing and switch card data.

A big thanks to everyone who is developing.
For reference, the log for one game play is attached.

Attachments

• log20200511.txt
    201.5 KB · Views: 38

sakiranorium

Beginner
Reaction score
I forgot to put it up here after I made it, so I'll upload it!
Here's one that specifies two cards to start with and automatically replaces them when the card is ejected
Modified for use in Idolmaster
changed the '-f' argument to '-fp' and '-fu'.
The -fp is assumed to be a P-card and the -fu is assumed to be a U-card.
The first sticking card will be the one you specified with "-fp".

Attachments

• imas_card_change_auto.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 40

hamster

Student
Reaction score
i just was looking at my Ghost Squad and noticed it supported a card reader option.. i do have some card readers, but i don't think i have ever seen any ghost squad cards, not sure my sega id3 cards would work.

Dache

Student
Reaction score
i just was looking at my Ghost Squad and noticed it supported a card reader option.. i do have some card readers, but i don't think i have ever seen any ghost squad cards, not sure my sega id3 cards would work.
They won't, the Ghost Squad cards are the hard plastic type that aren't printed on directly, unlike the ID1-3 cards.

Mrhide

Grand Master
Reaction score
Big thanks to @winteriscoming:

I found a really tiny laptop in the family, running Windows XP that fits perfectly on the "ô so tiny cashbox":
IMG_5231.jpg

With the Tu-S9 trendnet cable, I also dug an old modem cable (!), unpinned the CN5 pin 8,4 and 5 and pinned 5-2-3 from my db9 cable to it, and voila
IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

NOTES for XP:
Install the latest version of python that support XP:
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4.3/python-3.4.3.msi

Then the latest version of Pyserial that supports XP:
https://files.pythonhosted.org/pack...d612f5a4d2bc796005b9/pyserial-3.0.1.win32.exe

install pyserial by running the following command line.
easy_install pySerial3.0.1.exe

and you're good to go.