What's new
Version 2 or version 3 of the image? As many details as you can provide will help troubleshooting

What game are you loading? Can you see the network light on the pi flash as the progress bar moves along?

Also do you have a screen attached or WiFi only?

What game are you loading? Can you see the network light on the pi flash as the progress bar moves along?

Also do you have a screen attached or WiFi only?
Ive tried loading several different games. I do not have a screen attached.

Re: Crossover cables for Netbooting, I haven’t ever used a crossover cable as I believe it’s not needed as the Pi handled the conversion?

Can you confirm @chunksin

Yeah, works with a crossover or regular cable, the pi will auto detect and change its transmit and receive accordingly.

I'll burn a fresh image now, test with all defaults, no screen and get back to you

Wrote a v3 image to a brand new 32GB card, moved and expanded partitions and loaded a few games onto the card, used a Pi 3B+, netbooted fine first time and tested playing with various settings and loading different game, no issues I'm afraid. I would double check your network settings, they should be:

Network Type: Ether
IP Address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway (if applicable): 192.168.1.1

Also test your network cable if you can just to confirm that's not the issue. Have you netbooted successfully with this Naomi and netdimm before?

Wrote a v3 image to a brand new 32GB card, moved and expanded partitions and loaded a few games onto the card, used a Pi 3B+, netbooted fine first time and tested playing with various settings and loading different game, no issues I'm afraid. I would double check your network settings, they should be:

Also test your network cable if you can just to confirm that's not the issue. Have you netbooted successfully with this Naomi and netdimm before?
Thanks! That was it. Remote was set to: Enable

After I changed the ip address and subnet it worked first try.

I have a few questions:

1. Would you make a Youtube video explaining what all of the Options/Setup settings do?

2. Capcom VS SNK Millennium Fight 2000 does not show up in my games list, only the Capcom VS SNK Millennium Fight 2000 PRO version does

3. Is there a way to Restart the Naomi if you want to load another game from this front end?

Thank you so much!

Great, glad you got it working! Yeah, I need to do a full instructional video, I'm getting lots of questions from people. Check the csv file for the rom file name, it might not quite match, they are case sensitive too. Quite a few games allow you to load another over the top just by launching it from the netbooter, some you need to restart the Naomi. The image supports the relay reboot method, you need to wire up a relay between the Naomi fan speed sense wire and pin 40 on the Pi, when a game launch is triggered the pin triggers the relay, breaking the sense wire connection causing a reboot. There's a thread on here somewhere ...

Edit: Games that won't allow for auto reset when netbooting

Great, glad you got it working! Yeah, I need to do a full instructional video, I'm getting lots of questions from people. Check the csv file for the rom file name, it might not quite match, they are case sensitive too. Quite a few games allow you to load another over the top just by launching it from the netbooter, some you need to restart the Naomi. The image supports the relay reboot method, you need to wire up a relay between the Naomi fan speed sense wire and pin 40 on the Pi, when a game launch is triggered the pin triggers the relay, breaking the sense wire connection causing a reboot. There's a thread on here somewhere ...

Edit: Games that won't allow for auto reset when netbooting
Thanks! Where s the .csv file located?

Thanks! That was it. Remote was set to: Enable
After I changed the ip address and subnet it worked first try.

I have a few questions:

1. Would you make a Youtube video explaining what all of the Options/Setup settings do?

2. Capcom VS SNK Millennium Fight 2000 does not show up in my games list, only the Capcom VS SNK Millennium Fight 2000 PRO version does

3. Is there a way to Restart the Naomi if you want to load another game from this front end?

Thank you so much!
yeah i changed the ip and submask settings and now that works over thhe wifi booter.... i still have white screen, imma work on that csv file

A copy of the csv is located in boot/config/romsinfo.csv - you can view the contents in the browser via the setup menu (best viewed on a PC) and if you edit the file, run the import csv function under Setup to copy your changes.

What I would recommend is renaming your rom files to match the csv data if you can, it's fairly quick to do and you can do it all on a Windows PC with Excel or Google Sheets on one side and an Explorer window on the other, copy and paste the names over. The names I've used match a mega download that I think is where most people get their unencrypted bin files from so hopefully they should match in the main.

Last edited:
A copy of the csv is located in boot/config/romsinfo.csv - you can view the contents in the browser via the setup menu (best viewed on a PC) and if you edit the file, run the import csv function under Setup to copy your changes.

What I would recommend is renaming your rom files to match the csv data if you can, it's fairly quick to do and you can do it all on a Windows PC with Excel or Google Sheets on one side and an Explorer window on the other, copy and paste the names over. The names I've used match a mega download that I think is where most people get their unencrypted bin files from so hopefully they should match in the main.
Thanks again! Would it be possible to add support for this screen?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2298

If not, would this one work?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2441

Last edited:
Exactly @Murray you can set it up in the options to use the 16x2 screen, WiFi or a full screen hat. You just have to power cycle between each implementation.

Back