What's new
192.168.193.xxx
My issue was my home wifi was in the 10.0.0.xxx range which conflicted with the wired range. Did you try logging in with the pi ip once you switch over to local wifi instead of http:/netbooter.local? I have to do that now as the above no longer work for me. I had to go into my router and give the pi a static ip so it won't change on me.

My issue was my home wifi was in the 10.0.0.xxx range which conflicted with the wired range. Did you try logging in with the pi ip once you switch over to local wifi instead of http:/netbooter.local? I have to do that now as the above no longer work for me. I had to go into my router and give the pi a static ip so it won't change on me.
The pi wasn't accessible once I added the wifi name and password. I have two separate sd cards with the latest and previous versions, both with the same wifi info. the previous version works still soo not sure what's the issue.

Man, so much good stuff going on in this thread! Thank you for the time/effort you guys have been pouring into this, especially you @chunksin :thumbsup:
Time to update my netboot setups.

I always assign static ips to my devices when I can. Im gonna try doing these setups this weekend and see how it goes.

It's a very nice image. I can't wait to eventually get a driving cab and try out the rfid reader. I know there are other option for reader out there but I just like the feeling of having an actual card as opposed to scrolling through a menu :). The only real downside is the availability of the pi. Mine is doing double duty between my test naomi and 3d printer haha

Absolutely crazy! Thankfully I got enough originally for what I needed. Resellers (scalpers) are asking like $200-250 for them. Most sites that have preorders are also sold out.

I just bought a Pi4 2gb, which I think should be fine for this, as I'm not trying to play games on it. On e-bay for like $120 which is still highway robbery as those were $40-60 not too long ago.. but what can you do...

Can anyone help? I cant get my dimm to talk to the wipi net booter to load games.

What do I need to set the Net dimm to? 10.0.0.2?

and how do I set up my IP to the Net booter? im super confused and after messing with the IP and what not I cant find the Net booter app on my network anymore so erased the sd card and re burning the image. Any help is appreciated. Image looks super dope btw

You don't have to reburn the image. Next time if the wifi/network setting get mess up just create a reset.txt in the root of the sd and boot it up. I don't recall if you have to cycle the naomi or not but once you boot it again the network setting should return to default. The pi wired ip should be 10.0.0.1 and the netdimm should be +1 so 10.0.0.2. I am using 192.168.1.1 for my pi and 192.168.1.2 for 1st netdimm

You don't have to reburn the image. Next time if the wifi/network setting get mess up just create a reset.txt in the root of the sd and boot it up. I don't recall if you have to cycle the naomi or not but once you boot it again the network setting should return to default. The pi wired ip should be 10.0.0.1 and the netdimm should be +1 so 10.0.0.2. I am using 192.168.1.1 for my pi and 192.168.1.2 for 1st netdimm
How do I set th pi IP to 10.0.0.1???

Using a default install, the wipi is already set to use 10.0.0.1. The only thing you'd need to do is connect an ethernet cable from the pi to the netdimm. Then on the naomi in the service menu, set the netdimm to use 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.3 or something like that.

Subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 for the netdimm.

If you're trying to connect you wipi to your home network, like with the Home WiFi mode, the netdimm settings will stay the same, but the IP address you access the wipi from (such as from your phone or computer) will be based on your home network settings (check your router to find the IP address if you can't access it directly from http://netbooter.local )

I got it working, using it through my phone. Just needed to manually set the pi itself on the WIPI App (image) to 10.0.0.1 and it automatically started working this time around.
My apologies for lack of technical skill/terminology. I had to literally re-burn the image because i couldnt figure out how to make a reset.txt file to restore the WIPI app.
shout out to @Anselmo for helping me as well. Always appreciated as well as XED and Stupid Dufus.

Also HUGE thanks to Chunk for making this amazing image it's soo bad ass. 👍

Last edited:
The reset.text is just an empty text with that name. Glad you got it figured out

I just bought a Pi4 2gb, which I think should be fine for this, as I'm not trying to play games on it. On e-bay for like $120 which is still highway robbery as those were $40-60 not too long ago.. but what can you do...
Why would you use a Pi4 for something like this? A Pi3B should do fine I'd say? Or am I missing something here?

From what I recall, Pi4 on a WiPi setup allows for using the OpenJVS Hat along with a bluetooth dongle. Don't think you can use both on a Pi3 because of a conflict of ports or something.

From what I recall, Pi4 on a WiPi setup allows for using the OpenJVS Hat along with a bluetooth dongle. Don't think you can use both on a Pi3 because of a conflict of ports or something.
Yes, that, and also for me Pi4's are/were cheaper than Pi3B+ which is also odd, but the way it is, right now... :/

Last edited:
Dang and here I am glad I didn't toss my ancient 2011 pi 1 🤣 and super grateful I was using the pi3B back in 2016 for a mame bartop build lol 😆

Dang and here I am glad I didn't toss my ancient 2011 pi 1 🤣 and super grateful I was using the pi3B back in 2016 for a mame bartop build lol 😆
Yeah I've been ripping appart some of my older Retro-Pie builds as I now have a MiSter and don't see a huge upside for those right now, I typically pull the SD card, order another, and keep the old one filed away, if prices return, I'll just plug that old one back in...

P.S. I was actually all excited I got an e-mail "Pi B+" in stock, and when I recieved them I found out they're Pi 1's ... so :/ not that useful... I should have known, they were $35-$40 a piece...

Back