What's new
Turned out to be bad ram after all.

Tests were fine but every combination of ram stick and slot had issues booting some games. At a guess I'd say the games that booted only used a small amount of the netdimms ram.

Bought a 512mb pc133 non-ecc on ebay for €10, put it in slot 0 and all is working fine.

Also picked up another netdimm for cheap running 2.06 fw. A note that the pi image cannot update from this low firmware. I was able to update it to 4.01 using the old transfergame.exe method and from there use the pi image to upgrade to 4.03.

Both netdimms working perfect.

Chunksin I owe you a few pints for this fantastic system you have put together :D

I got the image setup on a Pi3 and moved over the screen to the Pi3. I then went to the netbooter.local in a web browser. Added 10.0.0.3 to the Add Dimms section on netbooter.local. It said it couldnt see the dimm. I then tried to switch to wifi direct mode on the netbooter.local and the Pi didnt seem to reboot.

Now I can no longer see wipi wifi network on my phone

So i am rewriting the image and trying again. Anyone know where I went wrong? If my naomi wont save the IP settings after reboot I would just need to use the default IP on the naomi correct?

A bit confused by the part that mentions MKGP, MKGP, WMMT, and WMMT2 Triforce J3 or Chihiro CN5. If I just have a Naomi 2 setup and no Triforce or Chihiro boards do I just ignore this part?

---

I rebooted, with a clean image and still cant boot any games even off of the Pi directly without logging into the netboot.local webpage. Does the Naomi have to be set to 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.3 to work?

I then tried to setup WiFi Direct mode on the netbooter.local webpage. It says rebooting then the Pi seems to reboot but not the webpage.

After that I get a "this game is not suitable for your system error"

Then I try to connect to 10.0.0.51 which is listed on my router as the NetBooter address and no page comes up.

When I try to load a game from the Pi screen itself i get transfer complete then nothing happpens.

Is the Pi supposed to be 10.0.0.1 and the Naomi Net Dimm 10.0.0.2?

I also tried the network scan on netboot.local when it was working and it searches 192.168 addresses and 10.0.0 addresses and cant find anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2441.PNG
    IMG_2441.PNG
    84.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2442.PNG
    IMG_2442.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I got the image setup on a Pi3 and moved over the screen. When I try to set my Naomi to 10.0.0.3 in the settings it doesnt seem to save them. I then went to the netbooter.local in a web browser. Added 10.0.0.3 to the Add Dimms section on netbooter.local. It said it couldnt see the dimm. I then tried to switch to wifi direct mode on the netbooter.local and the Pi didnt seem to reboot.

Now I can no longer see wipi wifi network on my phone

So i am rewriting the image and trying again. Anyone know where I went wrong? If my naomi wont save the IP settings after reboot I would just need to use the default IP on the naomi correct?

A bit confused by the part that mentions MKGP, MKGP, WMMT, and WMMT2 Triforce J3 or Chihiro CN5. If I just have a Naomi 2 setup and no Triforce or Chihiro boards do I just ignore this part?
Not sure about the Naomi not saving the netdimm configuration.

To reset the wipi network settings, you can create a text file called "reset.txt" and place it in the root of the SD card for the pi. That should reset it back to the default. Saves you from having to re-write the image entirely if the network settings get messed up.

The J3 and CN8 parts you mentioned are for the card emulator to save progress in those games. As you mentioned, they're for Triforce and Chihiro, and you have a Naomi 2, so you can ignore that part.

Not sure about the Naomi not saving the netdimm configuration.

To reset the wipi network settings, you can create a text file called "reset.txt" and place it in the root of the SD card for the pi. That should reset it back to the default. Saves you from having to re-write the image entirely if the network settings get messed up.

The J3 and CN8 parts you mentioned are for the card emulator to save progress in those games. As you mentioned, they're for Triforce and Chihiro, and you have a Naomi 2, so you can ignore that part.
Once I change the WiFi mode on the netboot.local webpage and enter my SSID and PW, and it reboots, how do I now access the netboot.local aka the Pi? Just by the IP address of the Pi?

Once I change the WiFi mode on the netboot.local webpage and enter my SSID and PW, and it reboots, how do I now access the netboot.local aka the Pi? Just by the IP address of the Pi?
Ok I got it working I was mixing up
IPs and not clicking set after inputting the ip into the Naomi. Just need to figure out this Wi-Fi Direct Mode now. Think im just not entering the right ip into my browser.

Ok I got it working I was mixing up
IPs and not clicking set after inputting the ip into the Naomi. Just need to figure out this Wi-Fi Direct Mode now. Think im just not entering the right ip into my browser.
Will wipi work on 5 ghz and 2.4ghz networks? When I scan networks both come up with the same name so maybe I’m choosing an incompatible one?

So your home network is using a 10.x.x.x IP address range? You'll have issues if connecting the pi via your wifi if so. If that's the case you need to change the wired ip address, use 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and use 192.168.0.2 for your netdimm, match the address on the netdimm setup screen and the Naomi service menu.

So your home network is using a 10.x.x.x IP address range? You'll have issues if connecting the pi via your wifi if so. If that's the case you need to change the wired ip address, use 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and use 192.168.0.2 for your netdimm, match the address on the netdimm setup screen and the Naomi service menu.

idk how it happened but after messing with the Pi's IP address and trying on set static IP on the router too finally the wireless network IP address on the Pi changed from fixed to dhcp and now its working.

may need to take your advice for a more permanent solution.

idk how it happened but after messing with the Pi's IP address and trying on set static IP on the router too finally the wireless network IP address on the Pi changed from fixed to dhcp and now its working.

may need to take your advice for a more permanent solution.
Well I had to reset my router and it screwed me up lol. How do I change the WiPi to use DHCP for the wireless address?

I tried editing the network interfaces file from netbooter.local but don’t know what I’m doing.

Here is how things were setup when it worked last night

Netgear Router is 10.0.0.1
Almost all home devices start with 10.0.0.X

Naomi Net Dimm is 10.0.0.2
Pi is 10.0.0.1

Network Setup under netbooter.local said
Wireless IP 192.168.0.109/24 (DHCP)
Wired IP : 10.0.0.1 /24

----

"So your home network is using a 10.x.x.x IP address range? You'll have issues if connecting the pi via your wifi if so. If that's the case you need to change the wired ip address, use 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and use 192.168.0.2 for your netdimm, match the address on the netdimm setup screen and the Naomi service menu."

I tried this but the netbooter.local Network Setup could not find the Naomi with this setup. I have a Network+ thats the sad thing here lol. Forgot all my subnetting and never really understand it to begin with. everything seems to be 255.255.255.0

Sorry last post for a while. When I choose the SSID and enter my WiFi PW into the Pi Network Settings on netboot.local it says "updating settings and rebooting"

Ive noticed sometimes it says sending game on the pi screen and seems to reboot

other times it seems to do nothing. Shouldn't the pi shut down for a moment or how can you tell if it really restarted?

Is your pi and netdimm hard wire connected to a switch that is in turn connected to your lan? If you have everything on the lan you don't need wifi.
Check what range of IPs dhcp on your router is giving out and set the pi and netdimm to something above that.

E.g.if dhcp range on the 10.0.0.1 router is 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.200 then set
Netdimm 10.0.0.250
Wipi 10.0.0.251

From a pc confirm you can ping them both.

Then open http://10.0.0.251 in a browser and add the netdimm under the setup section.

Is your pi and netdimm hard wire connected to a switch that is in turn connected to your lan? If you have everything on the lan you don't need wifi.
Check what range of IPs dhcp on your router is giving out and set the pi and netdimm to something above that.

Netdimm 10.0.0.250
Wipi 10.0.0.251

Then open http://10.0.0.251 in a browser and add the netdimm under the setup section.
I have the NetDimm connected directly to the Pi with Ethernet.

Nothing is plugged into the router.

The router is on the other side of the house. I want to control the NetDimm with my phone without connecting to the WiPi hotspot each time.

I don't get why i can punch in my SSID and WiFi PW on like 50 other devices and they connect to my router and DHCP gives it a valid address but with the Pi I cannot.

---

Can someone please walk me setting the Pi's Ethernet Address like you were explaining it to a child? "Change it in the settings" im not sure exactly how.

Last edited:
I have the NetDimm connected directly to the Pi with Ethernet.

Nothing is plugged into the router.

Netdimm 10.0.0.250
Wipi 10.0.0.251

How do I set the WiPi address? In either of these places? I need this explained to me like I’m a child as specifically as possible. Love you all sorry to be a bother.

Attachments

• 69DEAF95-9B67-4AE7-840B-F7E0D8ADCD60.jpeg
    69DEAF95-9B67-4AE7-840B-F7E0D8ADCD60.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 58
  • B377CCF4-1B03-4089-83A0-C56D6CCD1135.jpeg
    B377CCF4-1B03-4089-83A0-C56D6CCD1135.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 55
I would probably change the wired network to something silly… 192.168.168.168 whatever… then connect to your Wi-Fi without setting a static address or anything else. Make it so that the Wi-Fi can connect without conflicting with the Ethernet IP address range.

Then change the wired network to what that should be.

Then change the NetDimm params to the wired ones.

May want to throw in a reset.txt first to ensure no current settings interfere.

Might be getting somewhere. Temporarily changed my router ip address to 10.0.0.2 so I could plugin my Pi to the router and ssh in at 10.0.0.1. Just set static ethernet address to 192.168.0.1 on the pi via dietpi-config. gonna try that now. thanks all!

----

If I am setting the Pi IP to 192.168.0.1 what would the gateway setting be? Can i leave it blank? (within dietpi-config)

Last edited:
Yes I have been using it.
I was able to get my WiPi to 192.168.0.1 with a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (I didn’t know what else to put) via diet-pi settings and net dimm to 192.168.0.2.

Net dimm adds successfully

But my wifi address on the WiPi is listed as 192.168.42.1/24 static.

Couldn’t figure out how to set the WiPi wifi to DHCP.

In this case I could connect to 192.168.42.1 and see the WiPi page from my home wifi which is great but it still was in hotspot mode and not technically joined to my router. Making tiny progress though lol.

Attachments

• 24209898-A3D2-4D6D-A220-7DFDD0B10568.png
    24209898-A3D2-4D6D-A220-7DFDD0B10568.png
    255.6 KB · Views: 36
Back