What's new
No dimms available means your Pi can't ping the netdimm so maybe worth checking your network cable and the power to the Naomi, make sure you have a solid 5v and 3.3v under load. I had issues on my Blast City with the netdimm going offline due to insufficient power from the PSU, drove me mad for ages until I got a Sun PSU and it's been fine ever since.

thanks for that. I had done some ping checks when connecting up the pi to the netdimm and all appeared well. Also it shows as all ok under dimm management in the wipi menu.

I haven’t tested reachability in operation though so will stick a switch inline and monitor both the pi and netdimm IPs whilst running games. Straight networking is the day job so I should be able to thrash it out!

As regards the power i am running a sun psu. I must confess I’ve only checked the 5v and 3.3v output without load which is possibly a rookie error! I’ll be onto this when I get back this evening.

ok more or less sorted. I think this can be summarised as user error :)

So it turns out that when I added my netdimm in the wipi software I used the scan function rather than enter the IP and details manually. What i didn't spot until I got my laptop out instead of my phone is that the system type that was discovered during this process was naomi instead of naomi 2. Changing this to naomi 2 (my motherboard is a naomi 2) under "manage netdimms" sorted out the issues with games not loading.

What's interesting is it wasn't just the naomi 2 games not loading, but some naomi games also. Lesson learned - have a netdimm entry that matches the hardware system you are using.

So with just naomi 2 selected under netdimms I can load all naomi and naomi 2 games. If I select a chihiro game I go straight to a no dimms available message - no attempt to load the game. If I change the system type to chihiro under manage netdimms, then select a chihiro game it will load (or at least attempt to load as I don't have 512Mb yet) and not display no dimms available on the wipi menu. All makes sense so far.

The next step to try was to add multiple instances of the same netdimm IP under manage netdimms i.e. one for naomi 2, another for chihiro. This then allows me to load up both naomi, naomi 2 and chihiro games. So I have a netdimm entry (or multiple) that matches the hardware system of games I am trying to load, rather than the actual hardware the netdimm is being used with.

Still get a bad gateway error only on initially powering up, but at no other time. Will see if a zero pic does anything to change this when I get the chips delivered.

Thanks again for the ace software

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 104
There is a manual in the download folder! Also it sounds like you are trying to load a Chihiro game on a Naomi 2?

Hey Chunksin I'm trying to manage 2 netdimm yoko and tate but I can't send osm to both in server mode at the same time. Is it possible to settle them to load osm on each power on ?

EDIT : ok got it, osm replay mode doesn't need to set server mode for osm as default. It replays on each reboot anyway

Last edited:
Hello, I tried card emulation with Naomi 2, I use FTDI Breakout -> Naomi CN8. Everything is connected but Initial D Arcade 3 Makes
"CARD R/W ERROR"
Should I do something?
I Changed The Jumper Setting on the M/B, Like attached files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8706.jpg
    IMG_8706.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 71
Hmm Interesting...
Here is my log when i tried to use this command on pi

python3 idcardemu.py -cp "/dev/ttyUSB0" -m id3

everything is consist of the 00 00 00 00

What should i do??

Attachments

• log.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 91
Hmm Interesting...
Here is my log when i tried to use this command on pi

python3 idcardemu.py -cp "/dev/ttyUSB0" -m id3

everything is consist of the 00 00 00 00

What should i do??
Ok its not recommand to use a Chinese clone FTDI BreakOutboard. Its repeat 00 00 00 at response.
Now using some other cable, it will be work.

Couple questions as I finally got my wipi netdimm from @Derick2k great guy and it works great. Has a rpi3 and a touch screen and i can use phone.

Touch screen is kinda slow or doesn't work really well.
My question is that just how it is with touch screen or would another brand be better or maybe upgrading to rpi4 be better and speed up touch screen?

Last edited:
Couple questions as I finally got my wipi netdimm from @Derick2k great guy and it works great. Has a rpi3 and a touch screen and i can use phone.

Touch screen is kinda slow or doesn't work really well.
My question is that just how it is with touch screen or would another brand be better or maybe upgrading to rpi4 be better and speed up touch screen?

I only use mine via web or with the 2-line LCD. I remember that I tried the integrated touch screen and also found it to be way too slow. It's GPIO-based, so it doesn't matter which brand it is, it'll always be slow.

I do own a small Waveshare 1024x600 HDMI screen with integrated capacitive touch which is very responsive with a Pi 3B. I guess I could start an Xorg server with a browser in kiosk mode on the web interface.

Wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction, as I've been trying for weeks without finding an answer!

The OSM doesn't seem to load for me on start up, nor when I keep trying to load it from the phone menu nothing happens either. Also no games load when I have them set as as the boot up game. Is there something not set that I'm missing?

All other games all load fine just only through using the phone menu. I'm on 6.92 version, using the 8gb version which I then expanded to 32gb. (I kept getting errors trying to use the v6 AIO setup.)

Funnily I did just once get the OSM to load from the phone menu (and access presets) when I booted up after having to use the reset.txt after losing connection when trying to connect to home SSID wifi etc. So it does actually exist and work, but not sure why it wont load on boot up and from the phone menu at all other tries!

Any info will be much appreciated! I am simply amazed at all the hard work and effort that has gone into making all this possible, just wish I knew more about pi and python to work this out! Thanks!

Wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction, as I've been trying for weeks without finding an answer!

The OSM doesn't seem to load for me on start up, nor when I keep trying to load it from the phone menu nothing happens either. Also no games load when I have them set as as the boot up game. Is there something not set that I'm missing?

All other games all load fine just only through using the phone menu. I'm on 6.92 version, using the 8gb version which I then expanded to 32gb. (I kept getting errors trying to use the v6 AIO setup.)

Funnily I did just once get the OSM to load from the phone menu (and access presets) when I booted up after having to use the reset.txt after losing connection when trying to connect to home SSID wifi etc. So it does actually exist and work, but not sure why it wont load on boot up and from the phone menu at all other tries!

Any info will be much appreciated! I am simply amazed at all the hard work and effort that has gone into making all this possible, just wish I knew more about pi and python to work this out! Thanks!
I am having the same results. I am on 6.1-92

found this in the dimms.csv file:

Did as you said, updated it with a additional column called "cab", updated the entry in the setup, but it just booted to a screen "CHECKING NETWORK".
Deleted the entry through the GUI and readded it, but issue remains.

I figured I needed some additional values, as there are 8 column headers and only 6 values:

This did the trick:

Took a few tries to get it to boot like this as it kept overriding the "defaultgame" for some reason, but now it boots properly to the OSM, :)

I am having the same results. I am on 6.1-92

I finally did a few changes to some files that looks to have worked!

This post seemed to be part of what fixed it for me.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...oter-compatible-with-pi-3-4.14019/post-351802

Also I manually changed the dimm IP in the menu.sh file to match mine 10....etc as it seemed to have the old 198...etc one.
Also changed the same dimm ip in (I think the file was called) activedimm text file.

(I was able to narrow down a few of these bit of info just searching this thread!)

Not sure if all these combinations did it or just one of them!

Now the menu loads on power on, and also loads from the phone when I select it too.

Thank you to all that documented the relevant bits! This menu is a game changer!! Pun intended :)

Now the only issue I have is the eeprom preset settings I saved the one prior time the menu booted in the past seem to not overide on that game! Even though I can change the "Join In"setting and re-save it, when the game plays a second person cannot join in...

I have a couple of questions.
1) I noticed my pi 4 stopped showing up in my list of wifi hotspots. (I might have told my phone to ignore it since I was accidentally connecting to other people's pi's at tournaments)
The LCD panel is still working. Why would the wifi option go away?
2) I'm trying to set up a new net dimm. I updated it to 4.02 via the directions. (It was 2.03 and I went to 4.01 and then to 4.02) I am unable to connect to it with my pi. I set the IP to 10.0.0.5 and added it in the wipi netbooter settings. It just never sees the net dimm. Is it an issue with the zero pic? I have some random one in there right now. But it doesn't make sense to me why that would even matter in sending the game to the net dimm.

Are you connecting you pi to the netdimm via a cross over cable or via network switch? If it's the later, plug a laptop into the switch OR else connect the laptop to the cross over cable to the netdimm.
Give the laptop an IP address on your range, say, 10.0.0.200 and the appropriate subnet mask for your subnet (usually 255.255.255.0)

now see can you ping your netdimm: 10.0.0.5.

If you can't then the issue is with the netdimm. Possible a bad network config.

Also if it's on a switch and you have other devices on the same network then it could be something else on the network is also using 10.0.0.5. Try set the netdimm to something outside your network's DHCP scope. e.g. 10.0.0.253

Are you connecting you pi to the netdimm via a cross over cable or via network switch? If it's the later, plug a laptop into the switch OR else connect the laptop to the cross over cable to the netdimm.
Give the laptop an IP address on your range, say, 10.0.0.200 and the appropriate subnet mask for your subnet (usually 255.255.255.0)

now see can you ping your netdimm: 10.0.0.5.

If you can't then the issue is with the netdimm. Possible a bad network config.

Also if it's on a switch and you have other devices on the same network then it could be something else on the network is also using 10.0.0.5. Try set the netdimm to something outside your network's DHCP scope. e.g. 10.0.0.253
I tried using both a router and cross over cable. Both didn't work. I am able to ping the net dimm from my computer. I know the dimm is working because I was able to update its firmware via transfergame.exe. My other net dimm is set to 10.0.0.3 and it's working fine.

Very odd. From your pc run the command
ping 10.0.0.5 -t

Confirm you see a stream of reply from messages.
Then go over to your new net dimm and unplug the network cable. Do the replies stop? If so, everything network wise seems fine.

Back