What's new
Okay so my wipi does see the net dimm. Says it's online. But when I try to send over a game, the net dimm isn't resetting and loading the game. Also I realized that to access my wipi, I just have to go to netbooter.local on my same home network. I completely forgot how it worked.

edit: Final update, okay so it is working but it only was loading the game from the web console, not from my LCD screen panel. Oh well. At least I know it works now.

Are there plans to add more features to the OSM? - Like Folders (to sort by System, Favorites, etc)

Are the OSM source_files available somewhere? :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Already had a look at it.

The OSM consist of two parts: A python script which prepares the game list and sends the game rom or settings menu to the netdimm and a netdimm binary which renders the menu on the naomi itself. Implementing a menu on the python side would mean reloading the noami / binary on each folder navigation. Extending the netdimm binary to use a nicer folder based menu logic is out of my coding league :) - But i figured this is a the wrong thread anyway, since the OSM has its own thread :D

Currently, all connections are fine.

However, Cardemu does not automatically turn on when you restart the RPI. I tried to create and run a service, but it. Can I have id3 card emu + nfc run together automatically?

Thank you in advance.

Seeing my friend mindstorm88 (who got my extra Wangan) setting up the card reader got me back into wanting to run Wangan midnight 2 with cards.
Now to fit all four games, I removed that "huge metal safe" acting as a coinbox on each of them, saving ~ 15 inches, allowing the fourth to fit! so the card readers are gone.

Is anyone running more than one instance of the card emulator at the same time? @winteriscoming ? Do you run one or 2? is 2 how? manually?
I want/need to run four ! @chunksin do you see any reason why it couldn't be done on the same WIPI? the cab id ( & usb/com port) would probably need to be added to a menu or is that already configurable? or would NFC be easier?!
Thanks!

You certainly can, I need a hand with testing the card emulator image, if you'd like to help drop me a PM, I've gone as far as I can with it, works as a customised WiPi image

I decided to bust out my naomi netdimm setup today, but annoyingly my Pi refuses to connect to the netdimm via the ethernet. I used this regularly for ~1.5 year, but haven't used it for about 6 months.
Voltages are all good. Board is all seated as expected. Dimm board test passes. I tried changing my IP and deleting/re-adding the naomi in the WiPi menu.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check/try?

Dimm version 3.17
Wipi version 6.1-4

Setup (note dimm cover is off because I was checking that the sub board was seated):

PXL_20240107_214624163.MP.jpg

1- You did try another network cable yes?
2- is your wipi configured in wifi router or hotspot direct?
3- you know the blast is meant to power a naomi right? no need for that external powersupply ;)

Sadly Naomi setups can be faulty without a reason.
  • check your wipi configuration if the wipi LAN is still in the same network as die netdimm
  • check if you really use a crossover cable / cable is not faulty
  • if you own a network switch: attach netdimm and the pi to the switch to check if both devices utilize a connection (since the netdimm itself does not have any leds)
  • since your netdimm shows "network settings" hardware-wise everything should be fine. (if the netdimm is not seated correctly the network setting disappears or you get an error)
  • Did you change anything on hardware- or software since the last working state?

1- You did try another network cable yes?
2- is your wipi configured in wifi router or hotspot direct?
3- you know the blast is meant to power a naomi right? no need for that external powersupply ;)
1. yep tried a few and no good
2. hotspot direct
3. I'm aware, but don't have the harness. I also use this setup in my Astro City a lot more.

Sadly Naomi setups can be faulty without a reason.
  • check your wipi configuration if the wipi LAN is still in the same network as die netdimm
  • check if you really use a crossover cable / cable is not faulty
  • if you own a network switch: attach netdimm and the pi to the switch to check if both devices utilize a connection (since the netdimm itself does not have any leds)
  • since your netdimm shows "network settings" hardware-wise everything should be fine. (if the netdimm is not seated correctly the network setting disappears or you get an error)
  • Did you change anything on hardware- or software since the last working state?
I just directly connect the WiPi via ethernet to the netdimm.
Tried multiple confirmed good cables.
No hardware changes. I just put it all on the shelf for ~6 months and then tried it again.

I had the same problem not too long ago.
Reconfiguring the network settings to a new network segment on both sides solved it for me.
I tried changing the ip addr on the netdimm and adding it as a new device in the WiPi. Is that what you meant?

I tried changing the ip addr on the netdimm and adding it as a new device in the WiPi. Is that what you meant?
Not exactly - I changed the LAN interface configuration to 10.1.0.0/24 instead of the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet.
So for example 10.1.0.1 for the wipi and 10.1.0.3 for the netdimm and connected everything to a switch to rule out a cross over cable problem.

Not exactly - I changed the LAN interface configuration to 10.1.0.0/24 instead of the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet.
So for example 10.1.0.1 for the wipi and 10.1.0.3 for the netdimm and connected everything to a switch to rule out a cross over cable problem.
Aah okay I think I follow what you mean. Still no good though 😭

1000005631.jpg

1000005632.png

1000005633.png

Hmmm. can you connect a pc and try transfergame.exe? This would eliminate the rasberry and perhaps confirm if your netdimm or the pi is the issue?

Hmmm. can you connect a pc and try transfergame.exe? This would eliminate the rasberry and perhaps confirm if your netdimm or the pi is the issue?
So I have the netdimm connected to my nwk switch (which my computer is also) and then try to use transfergame.exe. It just times out when trying to connect. ;(

I guess it might be time to just send it to Ken (irepairsega). Hopefully he can save it.

Last edited:
Back