What's new
If you can, try and connect a KB-Mouse to the Ras-Pi, and see if you can ping it from the Pi...

Could be you have a bad daughter board... for the Net-Dimm... maybe you have someone near you who can lend you a known working net-dimm, otherwise I can try and grab a picture one of mine, and you can match the dip switches.... but I suspect the Dimm Board...

Could be you have a bad daughter board... for the Net-Dimm... maybe you have someone near you who can lend you a known working net-dimm, otherwise I can try and grab a picture one of mine, and you can match the dip switches.... but I suspect the Dimm Board...
I'm 100% confident the dips are set correctly. This setup worked for me for more than a year. Only stopped working after I didn't use it for ~6 months. 😭

IDK how else to test it, it has a SCSI port, and you could attach a CF Card Reader and see if the Dimm is good / IE if it can read any games... otherwise I'd send it to Ken @ I Can Repair Sega...

Have you tried clearing the network settings on the DIMM menu and setting the IP address again? If it fails to save the info, you might have a busted NetDIMM.

Have you tried clearing the network settings on the DIMM menu and setting the IP address again? If it fails to save the info, you might have a busted NetDIMM.
Yep tried that. I'm planning to send it off for repair at this point.

I got a very odd issue. Just bought a Pi 3b+, and when I use the Naomi WiPi booter image on it the green LED light flashes 4 times slowly, then 7 times quickly and does not boot.
I then tried to use regamebox and PinHP with my pi2Jamma, and it has the same issue.

I tried to use recalbox through the Pi Imaging software, and it works fine. Same with RetroPie.
Tried a different SD card, tried to flash the SD card on the Pi Imager and win32discimager, a different Pi PSU, all to no avail. Everything works fine on my standard Pi 3b, but it seems to just break on the 3b+. I only have the one 3b, which is why I bought the 3b+ so I can run a pi2jamma on one cab, and the naomi netdimm on the other.

Any ideas as to what could be going on?

I got a very odd issue. Just bought a Pi 3b+, and when I use the Naomi WiPi booter image on it the green LED light flashes 4 times slowly, then 7 times quickly and does not boot.
I then tried to use regamebox and PinHP with my pi2Jamma, and it has the same issue.

I tried to use recalbox through the Pi Imaging software, and it works fine. Same with RetroPie.
Tried a different SD card, tried to flash the SD card on the Pi Imager and win32discimager, a different Pi PSU, all to no avail. Everything works fine on my standard Pi 3b, but it seems to just break on the 3b+. I only have the one 3b, which is why I bought the 3b+ so I can run a pi2jamma on one cab, and the naomi netdimm on the other.

Any ideas as to what could be going on?
I fixed the issue. I learned from PinHP that he became aware of some hardware incompatibility on later revisions of the PiB3+. Now that I had an idea as to the issue, I did some searching and found this article:
https://github.com/OP-TEE/optee_os/issues/6284

In it, the poster mentioned that replacing the older bootcode.bin, fixup.dat, and start.elf with newer versions from a working image (in this case, the one I got from retropie).
It worked for me!

Just a heads up in case you need to replace the files, or make a note of that. But I got it all working so I dont need assistance anymore

I fixed the issue. I learned from PinHP that he became aware of some hardware incompatibility on later revisions of the PiB3+. Now that I had an idea as to the issue, I did some searching and found this article:
https://github.com/OP-TEE/optee_os/issues/6284

In it, the poster mentioned that replacing the older bootcode.bin, fixup.dat, and start.elf with newer versions from a working image (in this case, the one I got from retropie).
It worked for me!

Just a heads up in case you need to replace the files, or make a note of that. But I got it all working so I dont need assistance anymore
Great troubleshooting!!!

Easy to fix, I can add it as an extra step after checking for default games, if none set it'll boot the last one played, will test and let you know the update, it'll be adding one line into a script
Hey @chunksin , did you ever get this “boot last game played” feature implemented? Thanks for all you work!

I was never able to get that particular feature you are talking about to work - but using the netdimm "load this game" is how I got it to work.
I think he was just going to add back the default option to load the game already in memory, or add a selection in the menu you are talking about to “boot last game played.” This was how I used to run it before the more recent updates (which are great, I just miss this feature.)

I've been playing around with the v6.1 AIO image today and wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same issues I've encountered. The current image is running an old version of DietPi on a release based on Debian 10 Buster (that is losing it's LTS on June 30, 2024) FWIW, Debian 12 has been out since last summer. I've managed to upgrade to Debian 11, but in the process, PHP 7.3 was upgraded to 7.4.

Anyone familiar with PHP coding knows the common issues one runs into when upgrading PHP releases, and it seems WiPi Netbooter is no exception. The short of it is that it's pretty much broken on PHP 7.4.

So I suggest to stay on the current version of the OS, and don't do any upgrades, hopefully a new release would be made available sooner than later to handle all the upcoming security issues of running an unsupported and unpatched OS on your network.

I've been playing around with the v6.1 AIO image today and wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same issues I've encountered. The current image is running an old version of DietPi on a release based on Debian 10 Buster (that is losing it's LTS on June 30, 2024) FWIW, Debian 12 has been out since last summer. I've managed to upgrade to Debian 11, but in the process, PHP 7.3 was upgraded to 7.4.

Anyone familiar with PHP coding knows the common issues one runs into when upgrading PHP releases, and it seems WiPi Netbooter is no exception. The short of it is that it's pretty much broken on PHP 7.4.

So I suggest to stay on the current version of the OS, and don't do any upgrades, hopefully a new release would be made available sooner than later to handle all the upcoming security issues of running an unsupported and unpatched OS on your network.
It's not like the Pi is exposed outside of your LAN, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've spent more time on this and have been successful in:

- upgrade Debian 10 to Debian 11 (as per DietPi instructions)
- upgrade from DietPi tools 6.x to 8.x (the diet-pi update tool doesn't support such an old version). I opened a github issue and the developer gave me a solution: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/6963
- The move from Python2 to Python3 in Debian 11 is marching on. This resulted in some pip modules missing, dependencies broken, etc. Eventually by scraping through logs and running commands manually I've resolved all the issues. WiPiNetbooter works great on Debian 11 using a supported version of DietPi. It still generates a lot of PHP errors, but those were there with Debian 10 as well; a code cleanup will be required in the future when PHP8 will be forced upon us.

Now back to playing some awesome Naomi games!!

Hi all, apologies for my absence, I've been really busy of late, I've started a new job this year and have no time for dev work at the moment, hopefully things will settle down soon and I can release some more updates for WiPi I was working on and look at updating the image code to support the latest releases.

Back