What's new
Thanks a million @rtw wish me luck. Updating first Chihiro now! Will let you know how I get on :)

Have used the file you linked and it's starting to update everything. Scary stuff

@rtw @'darskoft'
Thank you both so much for your assistance. Your help has been invaluable. Out of the 6 Chihiros I've updated 3 to latest firmware and they work perfectly.

However, there are 2 that refuse to boot and give me a media board malfunction error and 1 with a Even though I've updated them to 4.3 and used the same PIC and CF combo that I used for the working ones.
rechecked all jumper settings, reseated cables etc to no avail.

I have checked the Dimms and one ram stick was faulty so swapped it for another of the same size. Still won't boot to game. Is it possible these media boards fail?
Is there something I'm missing? i need to get at least one more Chihiro3 working so I have 2 sets of twins

As @Darksoft says, these things fail.

One last thing to try is to check the power or move the unit which is failing into the same place where you have a working one.

Thanks @Darksoft and at @rtw
I could always recap them perhaps. Clean everything with IPA. I'm using the official Sega CF readers too. I may try using a regular IDE reader and see what happens. Well 3 outta 6 is better than nout :)

Back