What's new
It's just there to keep things in memory while you swap the CR2032 battery (I think).

I've removed all of mine years ago. Well, at least I thought I did. Recently found out that I had forgotten one, which had of course leaked on to the board.

ahhhh i see... i'll forgo replacing him then.
at least it just leaves getting that other cap replaced.
i was looking for replacements already actually but can't find the exact ones used on this board.
even when looking up other elna caps. they all look just mildly different enough..

these seem to be the closest i can find. are they suitable?

i'm not a fan of capkits,
and i'll warn you now that if you dont have the right equipment you wont be able to safely replace surface mount electrolytic caps.

i'm not a fan of capkits,
and i'll warn you now that if you dont have the right equipment you wont be able to safely replace surface mount electrolytic caps.
okay good to know, I was not aware they needed anything special for replacement.
can you point me in the right direction if possible? thanks much again for all the info, it's very appreciated.

anyone know if hk legend is worth buying from?
they've got an n2 in stock and if i can get this refund from my last board I'll just go ahead and pick one up here.

sorry about the million questions as usual.

okay good to know, I was not aware they needed anything special for replacement.
can you point me in the right direction if possible? thanks much again for all the info, it's very appreciated.
surface mount caps have the pads UNDER them, you can use hot air to remove them but you need to make a hole in them first or they explode.
or use soldering tweezers - like chopsticks with 2 irons! :D

putting new ones on is even worse - i prefer to fit tantalums or standard electrolytics on their side with the leads bent over to reach the pads.

surface mount caps have the pads UNDER them, you can use hot air to remove them but you need to make a hole in them first or they explode.
or use soldering tweezers - like chopsticks with 2 irons! :D

putting new ones on is even worse - i prefer to fit tantalums or standard electrolytics on their side with the leads bent over to reach the pads.
oh dear god lmao thank you for telling me.

yeah i just watched a whole tutorial about installing new ones and looking like i might invest in some solder paste..

anyone know if hk legend is worth buying from?
they've got an n2 in stock and if i can get this refund from my last board I'll just go ahead and pick one up here.

sorry about the million questions as usual.
practically buying from China is buying blindfolded, they can show you a practically new product but in the end they send you a totally different one, I've already had three bad experiences on aliexpress and one on ebay. I recommend you buy it from the Japanese, or else try to find it in a disarmament simulator. I only bought 1 good naomi from china that were practically new but from there I had no more luck but on the contrary as I mentioned before

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-NAOMI...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

practically buying from China is buying blindfolded, they can show you a practically new product but in the end they send you a totally different one, I've already had three bad experiences on aliexpress and one on ebay. I recommend you buy it from the Japanese, or else try to find it in a disarmament simulator. I only bought 1 good naomi from china that were practically new but from there I had no more luck but on the contrary as I mentioned before

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-NAOMI...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
yeah that's the one i've been eyeing... in my last ditch effort now to just get this thing working.

ebay got back to me about the money back guarantee and currently said they're waiting for the seller to potentially message me back to settle things.
but its been two days with still no reply from even the first message which was about a week ago now... so things seem like they're going well.

Hey @robbiederhase, shot you a PM about the adapter. I’m sorry that the quality isn’t up to snuff, that’s on me. Lemme know how I can make it up to you.
PM'd you back! It was no problem at all.
I just appreciate you wishing to make things right.
It was a simple fix for something anyone could have overlooked.

I just did a test, i'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but my setup didn't boot again - black screen.

I noticed my battery is connected inside the dimm, I took it off and it booted correctly straight away.

Is this something you can check to see if it's plugged in or not? Crap scratch that thought - I just remembered you have a warranty sticker on your dimm as it's a custom dimm from Axunworks

I just did a test, i'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but my setup didn't boot again - black screen.

I noticed my battery is connected inside the dimm, I took it off and it booted correctly straight away.

Is this something you can check to see if it's plugged in or not? Crap scratch that thought - I just remembered you have a warranty sticker on your dimm as it's a custom dimm from Axunworks
yeah sadly... like. I would love to open it up and try. But I want to make sure it's not something else before possibly voiding the warranty.
However if the dimm is the issue then i wouldn't be able to replace it... a conundrum.
Another reason why I'm leaning on getting a new mother board just to compare...
cross your fingers that ebay green lights the money back guarantee...

I've gone ahead and ordered a new mother board... hggghhhhhhh.
pray for me, y'all.

This time from a seller in Portugal with a good seller's rating and took pictures of the board's condition extensively.
Had an old unibios installed as well so that tells me its coming from somebody who knows what they're doing...
My 2020 unibios came in the other day so that's at the ready for a swap when it arrives.

Back