What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Savegame feature ready.
Ok, again not being nitpicky, but save states/savestates usually refer to snapshot/instant saves used by emulators. For instance, right before you kill the final boss, or in the middle of a level or even mid-jump and you are able to instantly reload that save state/savestate. I suggest using "Game Saves" and "Game Saves Manager" for traditional type saves. Unless you are implementing instant save and reload like an emulator does, that would be quite awesome.

Savegame feature ready.
Ok, again not being nitpicky, but save states/savestates usually refer to snapshot/instant saves used by emulators. For instance, right before you kill the final boss, or in the middle of a level or even mid-jump and you are able to instantly reload that save state/savestate. I suggest using "Game Saves" and "Game Saves Manager" for traditional type saves. Unless you are implementing instant save and reload like an emulator does, that would be quite awesome.
you're right. I meant game saves :thumbup:

Wow, game saves from the cart connector! That is a big milestone worth celebrating. So this allows game saves even on PCBs that don't have the save slot hardware?!

Same type of save. Only one of my 3 MVS boards have the save slot hardware, so I'm assuming this will be a big free upgrade for them.

Same type of save. Only one of my 3 MVS boards have the save slot hardware, so I'm assuming this will be a big free upgrade for them.
Oh, I see. Guess using AES and MV2F spoiled me :P. I only see 6 slots though (7 says "not usable"), whereas a memory card (neosavemasta) allows basically a save for every game in existence. Is that 6-slot a limitation?

I have the NeoSaveMasta too, but this looks like you can backup your individual saves and then restore them from memory. So, unlimited saves plus a GUI to manage them. The 6 slots are to replicate how the original hardware works, I think?

Looks outstanding!

1:25 - Game selection animations = no

A++++ fast

Module based menu music... nice touch!!

Last edited:
Not bad, DS - and thanks for the option to turn off animation.

Some questions/ideas
- will a filter for "number of needed buttons" be possible? That might be useful
when using the MVS in a non-NG cab with less than 4 buttons, I guess
- I would leave the filter menu open and remove the message "no game matches..."
because that is obvious as long as the game list is empty, plus I find it irritating when the filter menu suddenly disappears
when there's no match
- would there probably be an option to set it to "party" mode, a mode where you can only
choose a game, play it, maybe return to the menu, play another one and so on?
Thus you can leave the cab alone and let them folks play, without worring about the multi
and its settings ;)

just my 2 cents
Keep up the nice work

Nice touch on the 90's MOD's music :)
Sounds familiar to one particular demo scene group.

Love all the menu visual options - keeps everybody happy :thumbsup:

Just saw the video. While it looks nice, it doesn't really show games working, which is something many of us want to see. In particular the big and problematic games (Slugs after X, Samurai Shodown V and VS, Garou, the KoF 98 to 2k3, etc.) To be honest, the video was kind of dissapointing for me because of lack of gameplay, however I like the way the menu is progressing. I like what I see in that aspect very much. Thanks for your work, DS and mitsu.

He did say it was the latest menu update, so I wouldn't expect there to be video of the game play.

Hopefully Mitsu will be posting a video about the loading times. I would imagine there will be video of the game play in that one.

Most if not all games are working, it's really the menu that's the hold up as far as I know...

:D

Yes and there is still one bug that I want worked out before I shoot the video. I last thing I need is the negative people seeing an unfinished product. Really don't want to see BS about our cart floating around the web. Unfortunately with Darksoft's new job, when he travels he has to use company computers and he can't do any personal stuff. Luckily we can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this damn menu. It works good so far, has lots of options, and was built to please. Trying to make everyone happy is not easy. ;)

We have made slight mechanical changes to the multi that will only be on the final version. The videos will be made with the proto but I think Darksoft wants me to make a series of videos with a production cart to show the differences. There is a lot of love going into this product. The team is working really hard, whether you believe it or not. The business side is coming together quickly as well including the imminent signing of US and Euro distribution deals which will really excite some of you. Stay tuned for that news as well.

Hint: No support or sales sites that require membership. And the continued great support you get here and all files and updates will still be available to be downloaded by anyone at anytime without a password or big brother watching over your shoulder.

Just saw the video. While it looks nice, it doesn't really show games working, which is something many of us want to see. In particular the big and problematic games (Slugs after X, Samurai Shodown V and VS, Garou, the KoF 98 to 2k3, etc.) To be honest, the video was kind of dissapointing for me because of lack of gameplay, however I like the way the menu is progressing. I like what I see in that aspect very much. Thanks for your work, DS and mitsu.
"patience is a virtue"

How about we give these good people a chance to bug-fix and get things right before rushing to record videos. All that will happen is people will be moaning about this and that.
You cannot rush these things. Personally I would rather wait until it is right before seeing the video. Do you think that BMW would release a TV review of a new M5 if the engine wasn't running properly?
Let's be honest.. this has far exceeded the "other offering" when it comes to menu/features so far, so let's try to "calm the farm" everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back