What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it have all the original aes/mvs games and cd conversions on 1 cart? Will it work on aes and mvs (also consolized) as well.

Sorry if everything is asked and known, I wanted to check the list of features but all I saw was the vote option that ended.

Since this is an sd card into a cart, theoratically wouldn't it be possible to have neo geo cd sound and music on aes/mvs games and console?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Will it have all the original aes/mvs games and cd conversions on 1 cart? -- Most, if not all, on one SD card.

Will it work on aes and mvs (also consolized) as well. -- Yes, but MVS and AES will have it's own version. First comes MVS.

Since this is an sd card into a cart, theoratically wouldn't it be possible to have neo geo cd sound and music on aes/mvs games and console? -- Maybe, Darksoft will have to answer that one. He does have a lot of potential designed into it, so there will be updates I'm sure. It's also open source code I believe...

Thanks in advance. -- No problem, welcome to the forums!

Brent

:D
See your post above for answers...

I feel confident now with this latest menu update that we have a product worthy of a full video. I suspect the preorders will open very shortly after the video is released. It is not 100% complete but all further fixes are simply software or firmware updates. 99% of the games work flawlessly. The other 1% will come shortly now that we can effectively test everything easily. As for the hardware, we used the protos to find a few minor design errors which have been corrected in the final design. So the hardware is 100% complete. Production can go forward and all that will be required by the user is software updates.

We listened to all suggestions and I think we have come up with a product to be proud of. We have gone above and beyond with this one. There are options in the software that I never imagined to even think about including. There are still some things I would like to add for convenience of the user but right now the cart is very usable and quite enjoyable to use if I may say so myself. The beauty of this cart is the future flexibility that it provides. We had to change some specs to afford us this flexibility. I'll explain all of the minor spec changes at the time of the video but we weighed our options and the result we came up with is awesome. I'll just hint this, all of the original hardware specs are still present on the cart. We just decided to utilize some of them in a way that will better please our users. The other awesome thing about that is you are just one fw and interface rewrite away from an entirely new and different user experience. ;) We can discuss the possibilities at another point in time as it will NOT be necessary anytime soon.

So what I want to know now is what three or four games would you like to see demonstrated? I'll make a list from your answers and get started on the video!

I feel confident now with this latest menu update that we have a product worthy of a full video. I suspect the preorders will open very shortly after the video is released. It is not 100% complete but all further fixes are simply software or firmware updates. 99% of the games work flawlessly. The other 1% will come shortly now that we can effectively test everything easily. As for the hardware, we used the protos to find a few minor design errors which have been corrected in the final design. So the hardware is 100% complete. Production can go forward and all that will be required by the user is software updates.

We listened to all suggestions and I think we have come up with a product to be proud of. We have gone above and beyond with this one. There are options in the software that I never imagined to even think about including. There are still some things I would like to add for convenience of the user but right now the cart is very usable and quite enjoyable to use if I may say so myself. The beauty of this cart is the future flexibility that it provides. We had to change some specs to afford us this flexibility. I'll explain all of the minor spec changes at the time of the video but we weighed our options and the result we came up with is awesome. I'll just hint this, all of the original hardware specs are still present on the cart. We just decided to utilize some of them in a way that will better please our users. The other awesome thing about that is you are just one fw and interface rewrite away from an entirely new and different user experience. ;) We can discuss the possibilities at another point in time as it will NOT be necessary anytime soon.

So what I want to know now is what three or four games would you like to see demonstrated? I'll make a list from your answers and get started on the video!
I'd like to see kof2003 (flashing time, and its quirks working fine), Metal Slug X (protection), Samurai Shodown V Special (has some unique things). The other can be Garou, because...why not? :)

SVC Chaos -> Because nobody is going to choose it
MS2 -> Because of the slowdown accuracy
MSX -> Because tricky
Garou MOW -> Because yes

:)

Last edited:
That sounds very good to me :)
Can't wait to see that video
For the games I would be pleased to see :
- Metal Slug X
- Twinkle Star Sprites
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Garou

To convince Razoola and other people with deeper NEOGEO inside knowledge you need to show:

KoF 2003
Samurai Shodown V Special
Metal Slug X

I suspect the preorders will open very shortly after the video is released.
Ok, how fast can you get that video ready and posted??

Cause Mr. Franklin and I are ready :D

200.webp

Last edited:
This is great news, guys!

In addition to the technical problem games to showcase, I would like to suggest Magician Lord. I may be old-school but when I think of Neo Geo, especially the early days of the system, ML is the image that comes to mind.

I'd like to see kof2003 (flashing time, and its quirks working fine), Metal Slug X (protection), Samurai Shodown V Special (has some unique things). The other can be Garou, because...why not?
What unique things and quirks are we looking for?. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary while testing so far. That info will help me make sure the testing is 100%. We already knew about the MSX issue. ;)

I'd like to see kof2003 (flashing time, and its quirks working fine), Metal Slug X (protection), Samurai Shodown V Special (has some unique things). The other can be Garou, because...why not?
What unique things and quirks are we looking for?. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary while testing so far. That info will help me make sure the testing is 100%. We already knew about the MSX issue. ;)
- SSVS has some issue with sound. neo-geo forums had some discussion about it, in case you care about it: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269615-Status-SamSho-V-Special-Redump
- About KoF 2003, Razoola posted this regarding neosd: "
kof2003 I see in the video appears to be the original version of the game, it is defo taking care of the 512k fix tile banking as it should. thats one thing none of the kof2003 bootlegs do right.
[/quote]
" I do not seem to find more details about it, but I think you guys can figure out what he talks about. It is something that can be seen in a video of the game running...something in the power bars IIRC.

Regards.

Last edited:
So...How are preorders gonna be handled?!

Do we go through distributors exclusively like Paradise Arcade Shop here in the states? I hope their site dont crash when preorders go live.

Is there gonna be a limit on how many kits are sold each customer? Or it will be however many orders are paid for will be filled?

Can they offer express delivery? :)

Cant wait to get these carts in hand, so worth the wait.

Those that have the NeoSD, you can start to try sell'em off or better yet destroy those things in an spectacular fashion because the ultimate solution is about to be released.

ironclad was a cart also ...well atleast the wii vc rom was the true cart roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back