What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, a "Pre-order model" like what Game-Tech and Superg are doing seems to be the best choice for people self-financing. Basically, just allow people to pay you and everyone that pays goes on a list. Once you have enough orders to fulfill a run of production, keep taking pre-orders, but start a new list...then all those people will get their order when the second batch is financed, etc.

Obviously, do whatever works best for you, but this looks like its working well for others.

In my opinion, a "Pre-order model" like what Game-Tech and Superg are doing seems to be the best choice for people self-financing. Basically, just allow people to pay you and everyone that pays goes on a list. Once you have enough orders to fulfill a run of production, keep taking pre-orders, but start a new list...then all those people will get their order when the second batch is financed, etc.

Obviously, do whatever works best for you, but this looks like its working well for others.
The problem with this method is when the final product doesn't come through. It's not uncommon in this hobby, though I have no doubt in my mind that DS will come through and would happily preorder one if it helps reach the finish line. BUT, it adds another level of pressure to DS to finish the project because once people pay money, they expect something. If a deadline is missed, you have a lot more pissed off people than if the project just naturally takes longer. So I completely understand not going the preorder route.

Has this officially turned into a pre-order list? If yes, I want an MVS one for sure. Maybe AES too.

As @Mattroid said, people will start asking "when it's ready"?? and will put a pressure on me that I don't need. This multi is going to happen WHATEVER it takes, I think you guys know me already. I'm not vaporware :thumbsup: Actually You will see a working prototype in 2-3 weeks.

I may accept preorders for people who clearly understand that the multi is NOT ready to ship yet, although if I show a working prototype that means that we're a couple of weeks away of it. This time I don't use special Made-to-order flashes like with CPS2 or STV, just regular off-the-shelf components, so everything will be faster.

Stay tuned for more....

Sounds good to me, I will pay for cart in full upfront and whenever you release and ship is ok with me. I rather secure getting one on the first run cause I think these are gonna go as fast as a fat kid eats cake. :D

The other problem with preorders is what happened with the ST-V multi. We took preorder payments on Paypal and after so much money they froze the account and after too much time refunded everyone and we had to find alternate means of taking payments. That's why with the CPS2 we used distributors and their ability to take credit cards on their merchant accounts. Yeah it sucks to not skip the middleman but these are being sold on the books so everything has to be on the up and up money-wise.

take your time darksoft. I'd rather you do it right.

On the open source menu-how will we build/edit it?

More pictures! As you can see, the second PCB is just a passive PCB.
Just a thought - wouldn't it be cheaper if you truncated that second PCB above the dual headers? That seems like a lot of wasted space.

I believe its at that size so that the board reaches the side supports at the middle point of the case/shell for better stability/support, plus truncating it at that point it would have needed some type of support structure I would imagine.

If anything he could have may it full size and put an awesome big ass Darksoft,Mitsu,arcade projects logo on it to showcase the pcb on that side with a clear case. Better yet a clear window and al lighted soft glow logo.

I´m in for the AES reservation list .... as soon as there is one :thumbsup:
Really excited! :rolleyes:

I believe its at that size so that the board reaches the side supports at the middle point of the case/shell for better stability/support, plus truncating it at that point it would have needed some type of support structure I would imagine.

If anything he could have may it full size and put an awesome big ass Darksoft,Mitsu,arcade projects logo on it to showcase the pcb on that side with a clear case. Better yet a clear window and al lighted soft glow logo.
^THAT^ Exactly ^THAT^

I can put a logo, but basically it's a mechanical thing.

Hi all, I'm Dennis and very excited about this piece of hardware.
I registered to put myself on the AES-list as well :)

1 AES cart for me please!

I don't mind what method you come up with for pre-orders as long as it's fair. I've missed out many times on Saturn Rhea and PSIO because I wasn't around that nano second that they were available and then they all sold out a nano second later.
I'm happy to at least put down a deposit to show how serious I am, if this gets you around the Paypal limits then that may be better than paying the full amount. I'll also happy to pay the full amount BTW! :)

Is there an estimate for how many MVS users there are around the world? I'm sure it's many more than there were AES - hence the decision to make MVS carts first.

Great work Darksoft - I never believed that it couldn't be done as others were always saying for years.

^THAT^ Exactly ^THAT^
I can put a logo, but basically it's a mechanical thing.
Oh man, put a nice logo on it. :thumbsup:

Hey, hey, HEY.. guys back of the line please.. I was here first. :evil:

@Darksoft Amigo! Friend! Bro!

Can you put me on your pre-order list please? I have money for you!

Pleeeeease?

pleeeease.png

:P :D ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back