What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on how we people will pay? Not sure if taking preorders for a bazillion people through Paypal would end well :)

They are real, trust me and when you see in 2-3 weeks videos of it running, you're gonna sh*t your pants. :thumbup:
Hehehe... for sure it you want a testers or something... I have a AES system... :P
And also... it you accept preorders or something... it's will be nice to participate! :D :D

When opening up preorders, don't forget the people who have supported you through donations throughout the years (before this was even a project). Hint: me

;)

So just to confirm, is there a solid guarantee that upon release this device will play all legit games without issues or modification beyond needing decrypted ROMs?

They are real, trust me and when you see in 2-3 weeks videos of it running, you're gonna sh*t your pants. :thumbup:
I'm ready!!! 8)
imagen.phtml

So just to confirm, is there a solid guarantee that upon release this device will play all legit games without issues or modification beyond needing decrypted ROMs?
I think that the guarantee is Darksoft's skills and track record in such products (CPS3, CPS2, STV, DECO,...)

I think that the guarantee is Darksoft's skills and track record in such products (CPS3, CPS2, STV, DECO,...)
All well and good, but I'd like some reassurance that this will be the case with the final product.

I already explained it, but wanted to show how complex this is. We have a Ciclone IV FPGA handling 2x DDR BGA memories. Then we have an ARM that controls the flashes and the microSD and then we have a CPLD that disconnects the bus when we are programming the memories. This PCB has so many technologies mixed that it should be a show case :P
Impressive job my friend !For my own curiosity, why are you using DDR ? For GFX storage ? And to speed up loading time when switching game ? So when booting up the card, gfx (or other data) need to be loaded in the DDR before the game boots ?Bye
I'm using it because with flashes it would need 2 minutes to load ONE game. Here it takes max 10 secs per game, so I'm using for the biggest buses which are GFX, tiles, etc.
10 seconds?! Holy wow. Excited to see the next few weeks coming :).

Been a lurker here for a long time.

I just joined the forum to say how awesome that looks. Darksoft I am continually amazed at how intelligent you (and others) on these forums really are. It makes me embarrassed at my lack of technical skills...

Cheers!

All well and good, but I'd like some reassurance that this will be the case with the final product.
I see it this way:

* Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.
* A couple of selected Betatesters, with huge Neogeo collections, will also post their experience with the cart and compare it to the original.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.
B) Don't get one and see how everybody else has fun while you wait for the 2nd batch :thumbsup:

As far as I know that's the plan. Why would you want to do it any other way? With Darksoft's past record (I own the ST-V and CPS2 kits which are the shit!) along with all of the support from this forum a lot of people believe as well.

I think that whatever the final result is, it will be 1000 times better than anything available now. That's why so many people are excited.

And as far as 1000 goes, Darksoft get ready to sell that many!

:D

You don't need to test hundred games to know if the Multi is accurate.

You just need to play MS2 and check if the slow-downs are 100% identitical to the original, then you have a winner :D

ps- I'm being serious
ps2- really!
hahaha, so accurate

Is there some chance for there being less slowdown due to more modern chips being used (presumably with faster transfer speeds)?
I recall there being an overclocking video that I saw saying that MS2 used slow chips so overclocking the NeoGeo would only go so far towards improving the game.

Is there some chance for there being less slowdown due to more modern chips being used (presumably with faster transfer speeds)?
I recall there being an overclocking video that I saw saying that MS2 used slow chips so overclocking the NeoGeo would only go so far towards improving the game.
With Darksoft's cart, you'll be able to play Metal Slug 2 Turbo

I'm always of the opinion that accurate means accurate (including slowdowns).

Cave coded slowdowns intentionally in their games, sure it was a controlled way to manage hardware restrictions, but in those cases it's made on purpose. The gameplay assumes that the slowdowns are there, that's why non-acurate console conversions (with removed slowdowns) feel/play like crap

Of course everybody is free to play hacks, but hacks should be "optional" and not implemented by default.

I see it this way:
* Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.
* A couple of selected Betatesters, with huge Neogeo collections, will also post their experience with the cart and compare it to the original.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.
B) Don't get one and see how everybody else has fun while you wait for the 2nd batch :thumbsup:
Can you please give technical details why it COULD be possible that games running from a multicart might run differently, than from the original cartridges ?
It's the first time I actually see that a flashcart has to take this into account to run like a 1:1 copy?

Did you have to make such design choices on the CPS2 multikit as well ?? Whats the difference compared to Neo-Geo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back