What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already explained it, but wanted to show how complex this is. We have a Ciclone IV FPGA handling 2x DDR BGA memories. Then we have an ARM that controls the flashes and the microSD and then we have a CPLD that disconnects the bus when we are programming the memories. This PCB has so many technologies mixed that it should be a show case :P
Impressive job my friend !For my own curiosity, why are you using DDR ? For GFX storage ? And to speed up loading time when switching game ? So when booting up the card, gfx (or other data) need to be loaded in the DDR before the game boots ?
Bye
I'm using it because with flashes it would need 2 minutes to load ONE game. Here it takes max 10 secs per game, so I'm using for the biggest buses which are GFX, tiles, etc.

WOW !!! Awesome work DarkSoft !!!
Do all games work ? do crypted games work ?
I can't wait to get me a mvs for my consolized 1 slot board.

Really thank you guys for such awesome work

Games will have to be decrypted. You can make sure the rom you load on isn't encrypted and it should work. New games won't work. See first post in this thread.

Darksoft, you just made me register for forum for the first time in YEARS!! Thanks for your work. Standing by for the AES cart.

Games will have to be decrypted. You can make sure the rom you load on isn't encrypted and it should work. New games won't work. See first post in this thread.

Darksoft, you just made me register for forum for the first time in YEARS!! Thanks for your work. Standing by for the AES cart.
Yes, i saw first post, but i don't know if there are games that use special chips such as on SNES that don't work on flash carts, thats why i would like to know if all games that were released oficial by SNK will work, i don't care about hacks or neo dev team games, just want to have a flashcart with complete set.

Thanks !!!

Folks, a couple of questions I hope are appropriate to ask...

1. What is considered a 'new game' which won't work on the new multi cart?
(Is it games coded or released after a certain date? Games with certain technical standards?)

2. Does anybody know of a list of currently known decrypted roms which will work on this new multi cart?
(Maybe a URL to a list of all known decrypted roms? Is there a thread here already for this and I've missed it?)

Seriously, this looks absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for making this!

HOWEVER, I have ONE funky inquiry for you!

...will this have a Communications Port on the cartridge for the system link games? :P While an often overlooked detail, I think that's the ONE last thing this needs to make it complete (or at least be the icing on the cake). I have friends locally who also have Neo-Geos, so it would be super cool to have!

I am so excited for this. I can't sleep...!!

Unfortunately it is not included. We couldn't justify the cost considering how few games use it and how few people would actually use it. Sorry.

Trust us. There were a lot of things on our wishlist we had to scrap to not make this overly complicated or expensive. Unfortunately some other forum sees the fact that we scaled back as a failure but rather we never promised anything during the early phase when we were throwing ideas against the wall.

To answer the questions two posts ago:

1. New games would refer to all NeoDEV games.

2. All games that run in MAME should run fine. Some existing romsets will be improved. We have very smart friends that "know some things" and are selflessly willing to do the leg work. (Thanks to you guys. You know who you are) What's great about Darksoft designs is that they can always be improved if something unforseen pops up. We offer great support for our products. Ask anyone who deals with us. The CPS2 multi had a rocky launch but is now a rock solid gaming platform that we can't keep stocked.

It's ok to have faith in us. ;)

I wonder how many people of "other forums" registered here in the last days with "fake" names, just to be ready to order the "evil cart"
It's amazing what a few hardware pics can achieve, huh?

am really happy that this has come to light hopefully it will kill those damn resellers 200 bucks for fatal fury aes jpn wtfffff
hopefully i can get one for me fingers crossed hope i don't get skipped.

can someone brush me up on how far along darksoft is on the project also if he has a set price ?
i need to save my coins asap

put me down for an aes version please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back