What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always of the opinion that accurate means accurate (including slowdowns).

Cave coded slowdowns intentionally in their games, sure it was a controlled way to manage hardware restrictions, but in those cases it's made on purpose. The gameplay assumes that the slowdowns are there, that's why non-acurate console conversions (with removed slowdowns) feel/play like crap

Of course everybody is free to play hacks, but hacks should be "optional" and not implemented by default.
Useally for me, as an average player, slowdown comes in and saves my butt from dying.. *again* :D

I'm always of the opinion that accurate means accurate (including slowdowns).

Cave coded slowdowns intentionally in their games, sure it was a controlled way to manage hardware restrictions, but in those cases it's made on purpose. The gameplay assumes that the slowdowns are there, that's why non-acurate console conversions (with removed slowdowns) feel/play like crap

Of course everybody is free to play hacks, but hacks should be "optional" and not implemented by default.
Useally for me, as an average player, slowdown comes in and saves my butt from dying.. *again* :D
same for me, slowdowns have saved lots of credits. In fact, slow downs are the first version of bullet time :D

All well and good, but I'd like some reassurance that this will be the case with the final product.
I see it this way:kiss: Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.
* A couple of selected Betatesters, with huge Neogeo collections, will also post their experience with the cart and compare it to the original.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.
B) Don't get one and see how everybody else has fun while you wait for the 2nd batch :thumbsup:
Can you please give technical details why it COULD be possible that games running from a multicart might run differently, than from the original cartridges ?It's the first time I actually see that a flashcart has to take this into account to run like a 1:1 copy?

Did you have to make such design choices on the CPS2 multikit as well ?? Whats the difference compared to Neo-Geo ?
Carts don't always have just data--sometimes they have companion chips to help do some extra work for the game. Those need to be emulated on the flashcart, usually w/ an FPGA. All NES and SNES flashcarts have to deal with this due to the variety of chips used in carts for those systems.

All well and good, but I'd like some reassurance that this will be the case with the final product.
I see it this way:kiss: Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.* A couple of selected Betatesters, with huge Neogeo collections, will also post their experience with the cart and compare it to the original.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.
B) Don't get one and see how everybody else has fun while you wait for the 2nd batch :thumbsup:
Can you please give technical details why it COULD be possible that games running from a multicart might run differently, than from the original cartridges ?It's the first time I actually see that a flashcart has to take this into account to run like a 1:1 copy?
Did you have to make such design choices on the CPS2 multikit as well ?? Whats the difference compared to Neo-Geo ?
Carts don't always have just data--sometimes they have companion chips to help do some extra work for the game. Those need to be emulated on the flashcart, usually w/ an FPGA. All NES and SNES flashcarts have to deal with this due to the variety of chips used in carts for those systems.
Thx for your reply !

I also read that timing is probably going to be an issue, so I wondered how exactly Neo-Geo cartridges are build.
Afaik they are not all entirely different, but some have more on them then others.

And I also read that some games (apart from the encryption) have some sort of copy protection.

So I'm curious how @Darksoft tackled all these things to one PCB which can handle all the ROMs w/o any issues.

I see it this way:
* Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.
* A couple of selected Betatesters, with huge Neogeo collections, will also post their experience with the cart and compare it to the original.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.
:rolleyes:

Totally going for option A!

I see it this way:kiss: Wait and see the videos of games that I'll post soon.
* Sales will open.
A) Get one and have fun.

Nothing like that. Either works or doesn't. I'm trying to avoid any bus collisions like happened in the CPS2. Be sure this will be tested on many configurations by many people before it's being released.

Definitely going to try to buy as soon as you add this as a preorder for the mvs. Question on the 4 game slots. So, when add our games to the SD card we only add 4 decrypted games at a time? I was wondering if it was possible to add all the games we are interested in playing to the SD card and then via a menu we flash each of the 4 slots with whatever we want to play. Just wasn't sure how it works on adding the games. Really hoping for the 2nd just so I won't have to plug the SD card in that often. One of those things where after the 161 in 1 cart and handful of must haves like real bout fatal fury I have like 6-8 games not in my collection that interest me. However if we can load up the SD card and flash on demand from the neo geo that would be cool so I never have to swap carts. Heck, not having to sort through hacks would be awesome.

If we can load up the SD card what size should I get? I have a few spare 32 and 64 class 10 ones.

I know safe guards and hardware is blocking the new games like kraut busters but if they wanted to do it would demos be an option? That kraut busters looks pretty cool and would love to try it. I don't think it will ever happen but that is one game I wish could be purchased as dlc for the flash cart. I would totally throw $60 or so for it if I could use the flash cart instead but probably not an option due to restrictions. probably not even worth it due to high risk of piracy.

Definitely going to try to buy as soon as you add this as a preorder for the mvs. Question on the 4 game slots. So, when add our games to the SD card we only add 4 decrypted games at a time? I was wondering if it was possible to add all the games we are interested in playing to the SD card and then via a menu we flash each of the 4 slots with whatever we want to play. Just wasn't sure how it works on adding the games. Really hoping for the 2nd just so I won't have to plug the SD card in that often. One of those things where after the 161 in 1 cart and handful of must haves like real bout fatal fury I have like 6-8 games not in my collection that interest me. However if we can load up the SD card and flash on demand from the neo geo that would be cool so I never have to swap carts. Heck, not having to sort through hacks would be awesome.

If we can load up the SD card what size should I get? I have a few spare 32 and 64 class 10 ones.

I know safe guards and hardware is blocking the new games like kraut busters but if they wanted to do it would demos be an option? That kraut busters looks pretty cool and would love to try it. I don't think it will ever happen but that is one game I wish could be purchased as dlc for the flash cart. I would totally throw $60 or so for it if I could use the flash cart instead but probably not an option due to restrictions. probably not even worth it due to high risk of piracy.
It's the second.

No games from NGDevTeam will be emulated, supported, etc. The kit will actually look for some patterns and will block them from running, in case someone dumps them and bypasses all the protections.

To offer a demo or not is their decision. I asked them but got no answer, so let's assume they are not interested. They are the only people right now making games for this platform so..... I won't make anything to stop that from happening.

We are all excited for the Neogeo multy but I am going to put this out there.. If you are in the USA and have a boatload of MVS original carts, 100% working without graphical or sound issues USA, MVS carts and want to sell please PM me.. I have been reading this tread and sow a few people selling their MVS collections and getting ready for the multy. I highly advise not to sell your original MVS games but if you feel that you no longer need them please PM me with a list and price..

I already explained it, but wanted to show how complex this is. We have a Ciclone IV FPGA handling 2x DDR BGA memories. Then we have an ARM that controls the flashes and the microSD and then we have a CPLD that disconnects the bus when we are programming the memories. This PCB has so many technologies mixed that it should be a show case :P
I am reading the above expectations and as I finished reading, I said out load.. "Sorcery and black magic, got it"

I heard about this project from RetroRGB. It sounds totally awesome and can't wait to see this project come to fruition!

I highly advise not to sell your original MVS games
I highly advice you to sell your complete list of MVS originals.
It's good for my collection, I got 30 carts only in the last two weeks :D
I highly advise not to sell your original MVS games
I highly advice you to sell your complete list of MVS originals.
It's good for my collection, I got 30 carts only in the last two weeks :D
Ive been looking all over for a cheap Neo Turf Masters and Shock Troopers so let me know....

I'm only missing 30 cartridges from the complete MVS full set. Not counting Bang Bang Buster, diggerman, ghostlop that were prototypes or fan made (which I also own).

By the way puzzle bubble is a pain in the ass to find an original PCB with original eproms.

If the dollar and the euros haven't spiked up in price in relation to Reais I sure would use this momento to complete my collection. I also need tons of shockboxes.

I'm only missing 30 cartridges from the complete MVS full set. Not counting Bang Bang Buster, diggerman, ghostlop that were prototypes or fan made (which I also own).

By the way puzzle bubble is a pain in the ass to find an original PCB with original eproms.

If the dollar and the euros haven't spiked up in price in relation to Reais I sure would use this momento to complete my collection. I also need tons of shockboxes.
We are gonna compress all that into one single cart :)

So you are saying that you will sell me all the MVS carts once you complete the entire set... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back