What's new
Hmm, sounds interesting, and you do have a NAC as well right, not a AC?

Just want to chime in... the lepy amp is booming. I have on in the e2 but those e2 speakers can’t quite handle it. It is on par or louder with the model 3 and the Naomi amp in terms of quality. For a $20 amp you really get a lot of quality.

@OP glad you like the speakers, once you hear them in stereo it will blow you away.

Cool I have some little kinter amps and am planning to put one of those in my new Astro.

With the Astro PSU, the normal one, you can actually put a SUN psu in and power a naomi netdimm just fine. I'll do a write up soon on how to do that as well.

My Astros had 2 different psus in them when I got them, with slightly hacky wiring, so (after a brief attempt at using the highwaynet.au atx adapters) I just decided to start from scratch since Yaton had NVSes listed and eBay had a 20% coupon...

But the write-up will nonetheless be good for other people I'm sure! :) You guys with your knowledge are awesome

Ok, next work I’m doing is painting the speaker housing black, some general cleaning, and wiring the Audio so I can have mono from the jamma or stereo from boards that support it.

Here is my plan for the audio:

Unpin speaker +/- from the jamma edge. Crimp jamma pins to a speaker to line level adapter. Split the rca out of that adapter to an rca switchbox. For input 2 on the switchbox just have some rca cables ready for any stereo boards. I have Naomi, cps2, cps3, Neo Geo. So I think it’s worth the effort. From the rca switchbox run to a kinter amp so I have bass and treble controls. Then off to the speakers. I’m going to try and find the 2 pin molex for the speakers so I don’t have to hack up the original harness.

After that I have a marquee kit to install and some art. I’m also waiting on a starter for the marquee lamp and need to fetch a bulb. Not sure if it will work because when I got the cab there was no starter or bulb and I never bothered to test. I think the ballast won’t be that hard to replace if I need to do that.

It just dawned on me that I have this Stereo Amp in my New Astro. I was wondering if anyone could break down how to wire up the input. I believe the power / sound out cables are already present.

I guess I'd like to try out CPS-2, CPS-3 and Neo Geo...

psu1.jpg

Attachments

• psu2.jpg
    psu2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 252
I don’t have that amp but I ran across this when I was searching new Astro stereo.

Attachments

• 9012D781-A87F-462B-B628-BD3D18DD93E0.jpeg
    9012D781-A87F-462B-B628-BD3D18DD93E0.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 296
Got my starter and bulb, works great!

Attachments

• 5D3648A9-6655-4554-9EB5-312C6D9FFA62.jpeg
    5D3648A9-6655-4554-9EB5-312C6D9FFA62.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 194
One of my friends is good with electricity and he did the recap and reworked my power situation. Got a step down transformer in the cab now.
Any pics of what this looks like in the cab? Did you use the transformer you linked in the thread?

Where did you get the bulb + starter?

Looking great, thank you for sharing this information and progress!

One of my friends is good with electricity and he did the recap and reworked my power situation. Got a step down transformer in the cab now.
Any pics of what this looks like in the cab? Did you use the transformer you linked in the thread?

Where did you get the bulb + starter?

Looking great, thank you for sharing this information and progress!
It is the transformer I linked. I just have it sitting in the back of the cab. I might take some pictures today. I rewired the audio and tested that yesterday and it seems fine. One interesting thing though. I tested with a Neo Geo mv-1c that has been stereo modded.

I have a speaker level adapter soldered to a little jamma voltmeter board and I’m taking rca off of that to a switchbox and I have rca cables off a different input on the switchbox. I found if I plug in the rca cables wired to the line level on the board it pretty much kills the signal to the jamma edge. I noticed on the jammanationx tutorial they get rid of the audio amp components on the board for the stereo mod. I’m wondering if I should do that. Benefit of keeping that is if I took it somewhere that didn’t have it setup to take rca, but I will stereo mod all my cabs. I’m mainly wondering if there could be any harm leaving the audio amp components on the mv-1c, if anyone knows.

Figure I might as well list all the audio parts in case anyone wants to do something similar

Kicker KISLOC 2-Channel K-Series Speaker Cable to RCA Adapter with Line Out Converter

Kinter K2020A+ Limited Edition ORIGINAL Tripath TA2020-020 Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier with 12V 5A Power Supply Black

Switcher selector (4 Input 1 Output) - 4 Way Port Stereo RCA Audio and Composite Video Selector Switch Box

Also ordered this because I think it will be a good size for a pcb shelf in the cab

3M Adjustable Monitor Stand, Three Leg Segments Simply Adjust Height From 1" to 5 7/8", Sturdy Platform Holds Up to 80 lbs, 11-inch Space Between Columns for Storage, Silver/Black (MS80B)

Back