What's new
You need the NO CD version if you don't intend to have any CD or SCSI2SD hooked up. You still need to load the game though (using some sort of CD/SCSI2SD), but then once the SIMMS have the code - and you are using the noCD ultrabios - it should work fine.

Matt

UltraBIOS NoCD cart is the preferable option because after selecting the game on DIPs and powering on you’ll be right in game. It’s designed for the UltraSIMMs too.

Last edited:
If you don't want to have a CD drive or SCSI2SD attached all the time that's your option.

I don't yet have a CPS3 mainboard, but I have UltraSIMMs and a standard SH2 repro cart with UltraBIOS, just programmed my SIMMs with the typical set of files. Am I right to assume that with this setup there's a region select menu before each game that lets you select the region? Or are you locked into one particular region? Forgive me if this is a dumbass question, have never owned CPS3 gear so am a bit confused with all the different BIOSes floating around out there and the different functionality.

There are versions of SuperBIOS that boot directly to a region. These are used mostly in arcades to keep settings saved, etc. Changing region each boot erases the settings. Selecting the same region each time maintains the settings.

However currently there is no version of the ultrabios that does not have region select.

I finally went to snag them today and they are sold out :( Is this something that will be restocked? It seems pretty niche and I could see it being out of stock for a good bit of time/indefinitely.

That’s so crazy as I have received this today in the mail-

8721DEC0-734B-49A5-B7A0-328C22DDD1A4.jpeg

This very well may have been the last set available…..I got lucky.

Last edited:
I finally went to snag them today and they are sold out :( Is this something that will be restocked? It seems pretty niche and I could see it being out of stock for a good bit of time/indefinitely.
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks back... I could've sworn it was on sheep's site, then as I went to order, it was sold out. I have since found a normal set of simms, but need one more 128mb..

Hi all, I've tried searching the respective CPS3 Ultra Simms threads but couldn't find any comments about if anyone has experienced this issue before?

IGgWe2e.png

I've purchased the programmer to write Ultra Simms for @DRAGONKZ. Followed the instructions as highlighted and unfortunately came across the error as per the screen shot above when I was writing what I labelled as SIMM5.

Up until this point I had successfully written the 2x 64mb SIMMs (U9 and U10), SIMM3, 4 and eventually SIMM6.

I thought it may have been the file, but I confirmed that I could write the file to "SIMM6"

oVidFbX.png

I've confirmed continuity between the ribbon on the programmer and simm

I6C6Lyc.jpg

Outside of that, there's nothing else obvious on the SIMM that I can see for it not to error out the way it's erroring out.

5qjxnnQ.jpg

kRu91P2.jpg

I think there might just be a possibility this simm isn't working as expected.

Some other details:

Application used: NOR062_Beta_A.exe
Programmer Version: 0xd2b5063d
Things done:
- I've unplugged and plugged the converter on the programmer multiple times (I don't believe it's the programmer as I've successfully written the other 5 SIMMS)
- rebooted the pc multiple times
- Reseated the simm multiple times
- Cleaned the contact with IPA

Any other suggestions are welcomed TIA.

Try lifting the adapter ever so slightly out of the ProMan. I have had that exact issue before and that fixed it for me. No rhyme or reason why…

Also try the separate functions for programming and erasing instead of using just FastKey.

Just tried it, unfortunately the same issue. I tried varying different heights and it's all the same.

Also tried just "erasing" or "programming" and both yielded the same error.

Code:
<Erase chip>:
ID: 0x900090_0x0_0x0_0xfedcfedc
Manufacturer: unknown
Part number: unknown
1.Please make sure chip is placed will in socket.
  Pin 1 is placed at the correct point.
2.Please make sure the jumpers (if exist) on the adaptor board are correct.
3.For unsupported part number, please use self-defined parameters.
4.If this is a NAND chip, please use software and adaptor board of NAND Flash.
Quit. Erase is not finished.

<Programming data>:
Programming to address 0x0.
ID: 0x900090_0x0_0x0_0xfedcfedc
Manufacturer: unknown
Part number: unknown
1.Please make sure chip is placed will in socket.
  Pin 1 is placed at the correct point.
2.Please make sure the jumpers (if exist) on the adaptor board are correct.
3.For unsupported part number, please use self-defined parameters.
4.If this is a NAND chip, please use software and adaptor board of NAND Flash.
No auto-verify when programming failed.

Does flipping the cable between the SIMM and programmer adapter reap any positive results?

Back