What's new
from the specs looks like the ossc only scales to 480p and 720p but that sounds ok for my needs (I plan to use a 480p LCD with it)

totally you can just pull the chip and reprogram it like I did.
It's a...

EDIT: It's an AMIC A290021TL
Pretty much any programmer with a PLCC32 eprom adapter should be able to program it.
Ok. Got my adapter. Now how the hell do I open the damn thing???? Feels like I'm about to break it.

lol, make sure the 4 bolts around the VESA mount are out and the 2 screws near the bottom also on the backside are removed
IF there are two small screws holding on the button bar, remove them as well

then you should be able to pop the back off from the front of the case.
I had good luck on my three by doing one side first, then moving around to the top and bottom.

So I need to pry it with something basically?

i do it by hand...
i can get photos of how it pops apart if you'd like

That would be great. Seems really tight.

Got it. Those damn screws holding the shield on are so soft. I stripped several of them even though my bit was the right size. :/

The chip is surface mount rather than socketed. It programs the same way? Did you post the FW here somewhere already?

EDIT: Found the firmwares.

sorry- went to sleep,
yep- SMT and socketed are identical.

IF you do a good program of the chip and when you solder it back to the PCB, if you get a blinking green LED on power up, then recheck your soldering.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd......BOOM!!

260q26p.jpg

Running in 15k here.

we're going to have to start a NEC1970 club like how they have PVM clubs on other forums :P

If only I could find a display that will show RRV.

Wait what? RRV isn't working on it? (I haven't tried yet honestly but if not, I have some ideas to fix it)

it is possible what he's referring to is the sync issues with the 2x6- there are some... interesting ones to say the least, but i'm hoping he gets back to me so i can make a plan of what to test this weekend (I don't have it all setup right this second)

Is LCD1970NXp the same than the LCD1970NX we're talking about here?

Back