What's new
Can somebody tell me what's going on with my DaiOuJou cart? Tried on 2 working motherboard ( espgaluda and ketsui are working fine on them )
Do I need to reburn or replace something!?

Thank you
IMG_9291.jpg

2 things to try
1. Reset the mobo then try again
2. boot a working cart, then shut down and swap back to this cart

2 things to try
1. Reset the mobo then try again
2. boot a working cart, then shut down and swap back to this cart

Same thing ...

I can go in the test mode, run the memory test, change options it's all good.... when you start the game, you're prompted for "old or new version", then you get the "full extent of the law" warning and just as the game would start, boum ...

the crash is different if I choose the old version, as opposed to the new one above:
IMG_9308.jpg

Some people seem to have this problem, but so far we haven't got a definite solution if this is caused by the BIOS, SRAM or something else. One thing you can try is credit feed directly after selecting the version.

Some people seem to have this problem, but so far we haven't got a definite solution if this is caused by the BIOS, SRAM or something else. One thing you can try is credit feed directly after selecting the version.
Ah! Works! Thanks for the tip.

… if i go in setup and set it to free play, than it no longuer works. Guess coin up it will stay !

I never had that on my first mobo… he stopped working for some weird reason, bought 2 more and the 2 new ones have that issue. Pretty weird indeed

@iq_132 Does excellent work with the PGM! Big thanks to all his work. I still call it Beta.. so if it all works for you.. please let me know :) It was meant to be on my page ages ago... but i forgot to upload the file.
Tim.

...having one hell of a time trying to burn the M27C322 with the !@# gq-4x4 16 bit adapter again ... manage to write one but then it fails verification.
Tried it anyway, it does the same thing... but is missing a bunch of graphics so who knows if that's a valid test.

gq-4x4 is really bad with 27c160s and 27c322s. I thought I had a bad batch of eproms when trying to burn them. Once I bought a different eprom burner they worked right away.

yup 160s and 322 were the reason I ditched my GQ4x4, I had a 2 good burns out of a batch of 30 chips. bought my ChipMax2 an 100% of the 322s that the GQ failed on burned successfully first try on the ChipMax.

A trick I've since learned, is you can program multiple times before verifying.
Basically erasing sets all bits to 1s, and programming selectively sets bits to 0, so there's no harm in programming over and over and over again without erasing.

something I do when it's having trouble verifying; try programming again without erasing.

yup 160s and 322 were the reason I ditched my GQ4x4, I had a 2 good burns out of a batch of 30 chips. bought my ChipMax2 an 100% of the 322s that the GQ failed on burned successfully first try on the ChipMax.

A trick I've since learned, is you can program multiple times before verifying.
Basically erasing sets all bits to 1s, and programming selectively sets bits to 0, so there's no harm in programming over and over and over again without erasing.

something I do when it's having trouble verifying; try programming again without erasing.

I've double writen it 4 times ... same ****** thing. I'm thinking it's time to find a suitable burner now *sigh*

I highly recommend anything by Xeltek, IMO they hit the sweet spot between price, functionality, and reliability
My current programmer is the Xeltek SuperPro 580U (which has been superseded by the SuperPro 610P) the thing is rock solid reliable. Not quite as fancy or fast as the EE-Tools burner I used to have but it's half the price and supports more chips... so like I said "sweet spot"

I highly recommend anything by Xeltek, IMO they hit the sweet spot between price, functionality, and reliability
My current programmer is the Xeltek SuperPro 580U (which has been superseded by the SuperPro 610P) the thing is rock solid reliable. Not quite as fancy or fast as the EE-Tools burner I used to have but it's half the price and supports more chips... so like I said "sweet spot"

I second the Xeltek. I have the older SuperPro 280U and it does everything I throw at it. They are a bit more expensive but if you do a decent amount of ROM programming/verifying (I think most of us do) they pay for themselves quickly

They do come up secondhand on eBay from time to time as well if you’re not in a hurry

I'm so tempted to get an Xeltek 610p but I've already got a Top 3000 and an older Wellon VP490 (which I purchased to try and do Naomi cart conversions, but sadly, this particular burner doesn't do them properly).

Maybe if I burnt a lot more stuff it'd be a no brainer.

The Wellon are quite good too. I would have bought a Wellon if the SuperPro hadn’t come up when it did

If you don’t need to verify stuff often, buyicnow is very reasonable for burning EPROMs/EEPROMs - I think they charge 0.50 per IC

Back