What's new
The Wellon are quite good too. I would have bought a Wellon if the SuperPro hadn’t come up when it did
Wellons are great! I have had one for more than 10 years. Its also 48 pin.. so anything dip will fit easly... You can buy the China versions from china cheaper than the english versions. Even though the China software has a English option.

http://igspgm.com/other/wellon/index.htm

I have more info on my page about them. And the english software for the China editions.

I have a VP 798 (For Reference) @Mrhide (its close to the 698 China version.)

If you need help, Just let me know.

Tim.

I own the T56 but also had issues with the 16bit eprom. Would not recommend it unfortunately.

27C160s and 27C322s. It is decent for the rest has has a large selection of devices. Maybe mine is a dud but I was very dissapointed as as the TL866 is such a nice device.

So I finally had time to assemble the Puzzli cart - sadly it crashes with both the puzzli2 and the puzzli2s ICs installed.

Puzzli2s shows the following error:
01AXi13.jpg

Puzzli2 the following:
H96wDbo.jpg

@iq_132 any idea whats wrong? are those two generated roms perhaps still broken as well, as the combined rom of both versions is?

Anything obvious I did wrong with the assembly?
Chf2Rf9.jpg

UXprJno.jpg

Parts I added to the standard BOM:
LATTICE GAL16V8B-15LP
ST M27C322-100F1

Assembly looks good to me. Which code did you use for U5?
Also, check if U1 is cleanly inserted - I was debugging something for ages with really weird errors, then found that one of the pins had folded up when putting it into the socket. Doh!

BTW: You don't need to populate bypass capacitors for IC footprints you don't use. Shouldn't hurt, though!

Last edited:
Assembly looks good to me. Which code did you use for U5?
Also, check if U1 is cleanly inserted - I was debugging something for ages with really weird errors, then found that one of the pins had folded up when putting it into the socket. Doh!

BTW: You don't need to populate bypass capacitors for IC footprints you don't use. Shouldn't hurt, though!
I followed the puzzli guide: https://neo-source.com/stuff/puzzli2 instructions.pdf
So I used "PGM_RG_U5.jed".

This could be a problem as the guide assumes that you use the combined U1 "puzzli2_and_super-deprotected.bin" which is not available as iq_132 has not fixed the tool to generate it yet.
Do I perhaps have to use jumpers for the "not combined versions" of puzzli2 / puzzli2s or a completely different JED file?

regarding your second point (U1): I already tried to reinsert the IC but I get the same error code output every time - so that seems consistent and should not be the problem.

Last edited:
You can try closing JP1 and/or JP2 - right now I'm not sure what ROM layout the patcher creates. When I tried puzzli before it was released it worked for me. I am also not familiar with buyicnow - do they expect files for 16 bit EPROMs in big endian or little endian format?
(On the other hand, the fact that the game boots at all means that the header check was successful...)

If you have another IGS PGM games available with 27c322 program ROMs you could try swapping it over, if puzzli boots in another board, or if another game boots on that PCB. The graphics will be corrupted, but you should see something happening on screen.

You can try closing JP1 and/or JP2 - right now I'm not sure what ROM layout the patcher creates.
closing JP1 gives me the boot animation. The date screen stays on and then I get the same error "OPCODE 1111" as before overlayed.
closing JP2 or JP1 and JP2 changes nothing.

No, I dont have any other program ROMs here :(

I mean, do you have any other working cartridges?
Yes a few original ones but not another one of your custom carts.

After thinking about it I still have the original ICs I replaced with the english patched ones from KOV SH and KOV 2 ND:
With the KOV SH one installed I can get the cart to boot into a test menu.

No idea if thats a good sign..

Ok, KoV SH is encrypted, IIRC, but KOV 2 may work?

If it directly jumps into the test menu it means that the header check failed.

Ok, KoV SH is encrypted, IIRC, but KOV 2 may work?

If it directly jumps into the test menu it means that the header check failed.

so anything I can actually do now or try?
You said you tried Puzzli before. Do you still have the working deprotected bin file I could write to the 27c322? The generator tool, which was posted in this thread, still needs a fix.

You said you tried Puzzli before. Do you still have the working deprotected bin file I could write to the 27c322? The generator tool, which was posted in this thread, still needs a fix.
can be a chance to run the compiled set with the tool in mame ?

I just looked through my inbox, I don't seem to have it any more. I'll have to go through my stash of 27c322 if I can find it, though that may take quite some time.

Two things you can try:
- I just had a problem with crashes in another project, turns out the flux in the solder I used is not the "no clean" type. Make sure if you have flux residue on your PCB that you clean it off.
- Is the program ROM for KOV 2 a 27c322 or 27c160? If it is a 27c160 it may work if you close JP2. See if it boots into the game.

Finally built my first cart (DDP DOJ) Everything fired up and plays great! Quick question (Sorry if it's already been covered) When trying to load White Label First, I will get the Cave Date Screen, then an error screen (I have a picture if needed). Rebooting, selecting Black Label (Which everything works 100%) then rebooting and selecting White label, it will then boot and play fine. Is there some sort of memory issue or something else at play?

Thanks so much again for this solution Fluffy, looking forward to making my next carts as soon as my EPRoms show up!

Finally built my first cart (DDP DOJ) Everything fired up and plays great! Quick question (Sorry if it's already been covered) When trying to load White Label First, I will get the Cave Date Screen, then an error screen (I have a picture if needed). Rebooting, selecting Black Label (Which everything works 100%) then rebooting and selecting White label, it will then boot and play fine. Is there some sort of memory issue or something else at play?

Thanks so much again for this solution Fluffy, looking forward to making my next carts as soon as my EPRoms show up!
@PASTBLASTER Hello bud ! Replace your P1 rom with "Do Donpachi Dai-ou-jou" one by @iq_132 ... from : http://igspgm.com/engtrans/index.htm and write PGM_RG_U5_DDP.jed on u5 gal chip , u6 is -> PGM_RG_U6.jed. That's all you need to do . Happy New Year :happy:

Last edited:
Can confirm that this ran a lot better than the older version.

Back