What's new
Hmm, okay. After byteswapping and reflashing P1, I am getting the system booting into a garbled display that seems to cycle between three/four different (garbled) screens, with visible transition effects going on..... I'm not quite certain what DDP's attract mode looks like but this sounds like a step in the right direction at the very least. Before byteswapping I was reliably getting the PGM to boot into a blue service menu (it seems like "blue menu" means "cart detected" where "red menu" is "no cart") so I think I might be on the right track? Going to redo the tile EEPROMs when I have the time and see if that gets me anywhere.

I think quite a lot of UI is done with sprites, so make sure you try to go into the level.

Hi - I think the OP should be updated with instructions to populate R2-R4 with pull up resistors... I couldn't get the skip BIOS functionality to work until I added those in, and nothing in the original post says anything about putting resistors there.

I did a update video on my YouTube channel about the extra pull up resistors....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUqOlKjOR4

You only have to use them if your not using the Atmel part. I have had NO issues with Atmel. Lattice was a different story!!
I have videos on all the aspects of building the Fluffy PCB for yourself...

Tim.

Also, if you're sure that you'll never use the jumpers you can hardcode them in the source code for the gal.

Yes, problem was I was using a GAL with the pin keeper. There was info about it, but it was buried several pages into the thread.
Thanks for updating the OP.

I am sorry if it's redundant asking but any chance about remade about Beestorm and other game?

Later games like Demon Front, Bee Storm and Knights of Valor 2 are difficult to repro because their code is stored on the ROMs encrypted, and an ARM7 coprocessor on the cart PCB is used to decrypt on the fly. The ARM might do other coprocessing besides decryption with those games to help out the main CPU as well.

Last edited:
sorry if it's dumb question, about 3 games from pcb to cart, source code changed for work on slot?

can anyone share the details on how to assemble the newly shared Puzzli 2 Super hack by @iq_132?
Which files need to be burned on which type of EPROM?

Attachments

• puzzli2 hack.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
thanks for the pdf!

Is this output expected? "Failed to open puzzli2_protection.s68."
puzzli2_and_super-deprotected.bin was created with the 2 / 5 option.
OOPS! total fail.

Attachments

• puzzli2 hack.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 43
OOPS! total fail.
now the puzzli2_patchrom.exe crashes at the end (windows error:puzzli2_patchrom.exe has stopped working) :(

0 / 5 and 1 / 5 options work without crashing and generate the expected bins. Only the 2 / 5 option crashes.

here is the output:
Select ROM type:
0 = Puzzli 2 only
1 = Puzzli 2 Super
2 = Puzzli 2 & Puzzli 2 Super

Select Region:
0 = Taiwan
1 = China
2 = Japan
3 = Korea
4 = Hong Kong
5 = World
- Importing 'S' record.
3380c
362e8
3674a
3680c
371aa
3e54c
3efc6
3f06c
3f4b0
3f9da
405f4
43cb6
43dc2
43fe2
4948c
49a58
4a6c4
4a884
4adee
4bcfc
4c176
4c6d6
4d252
4d3f6
4dd18
4de38
4fa98
- Importing 'S' record.

Last edited:
@iq_132 did you have a chance to take a look at the program crash? If I can help you with any tests let me know.

Sorry, I took a look today and realize I totally borked that package. I'll try go get something else together soon.

Back