What's new
Yeah, sorry, no idea about the bats, I just cut and pasted that from the internet. The only think I've seen is the cut scenes vs the items, I think the cut scenes are cooler.

If that's revision based and not region based, OK, but it seems to be region based from what the internet shows. My PCB is just Rastan and I don't have the cut scenes.

The extra scenes are very much region based, sorry for any confusion.

I also prefer Rastan Saga, which is why I did the conversion. :)

I do like the weapons/item descriptions, so I converted my Rastan Saga Bootleg to Rastan and converted my original Rastan to Rastan Saga.

I'm glad somebody asked about this. It took me many hours to learn about this. I'm happy to share.

Hi,
I upgraded Rastan PCB to Rastan Saga and it’s working perfect.
I can confirm there are less bats 😜
I like the intro story that’s why I convert mine.
Thank you for sharing your job.

For information, I used
b04-37.7
b04-38.19
b04-39.8
b04-40.20
b04-42.21
b04-43.9

And order from buyicnow ST M27C512-12F1 with EPROM programming service.

Hi,
I upgraded Rastan PCB to Rastan Saga and it’s working perfect.
I can confirm there are less bats 😜
I like the intro story that’s why I convert mine.
Thank you for sharing your job.

For information, I used
b04-37.7
b04-38.19
b04-39.8
b04-40.20
b04-42.21
b04-43.9

And order from buyicnow ST M27C512-12F1 with EPROM programming service.
Awesome! I'm glad it worked out.

Hello, anyone knows how modify the code in the eproms in Rastan/Rastan Saga to allow Continue in Stage6? It will be possible? Like you know in STAGE 6 you cant continue by Credit if you die on that stage6, if im right Dipswitches dont allow continue on that Stage6, then i´m wondering if will be possible get that feature in STAGE 6 modify the rom code or if is possible in other way. Thanks.

Hello, anyone knows how modify the code in the eproms in Rastan/Rastan Saga to allow Continue in Stage6? It will be possible? Like you know in STAGE 6 you cant continue by Credit if you die on that stage6, if im right Dipswitches dont allow continue on that Stage6, then i´m wondering if will be possible get that feature in STAGE 6 modify the rom code or if is possible in other way. Thanks.
I don't think you'll have much luck with this request, but you never know.

I find it annoying when they just won't take my money because it's the last level. Monster Lair is the same way.

I suggest set dips to 6 lives and make sure you beat level 5 with 6 lives. That should give you a good chance to win.

On easy difficulty I can beat the game without dying. On normal I can beat without continuing (3 lives). I never played on hard (maybe I don't want to feel bad about myself?).

If someone was making hacks (and taking requests), I would like a Free Play hack. I have both retail and bootleg PCBs, but the bootleg PCB cannot add credit on the latest revision ROM.

Good luck. I hope you get your hack. Let us know if you find anything.

Sorry for some games the only code or hack is, "git good!"

I can help you with that if you let me know witch romset you want it for.

"Rastan Saga (Japan Rev 1)"?

I can help you with that if you let me know witch romset you want it for.

"Rastan Saga (Japan Rev 1)"?
If you are taking requests, is it possible to have the game start with some credits or Freeplay? I have a bootleg PCB that will not allow insert credit for any ROM other than the one it came with. I wanted to switch to rev1 ROM and can't because insert credit doesn't work.

I looked into trying this myself but I just don't get it.

Well shit, if we're doing requests....

Any chance to get the Japanese version (for the cut scenes) and English text?

If you are taking requests, is it possible to have the game start with some credits or Freeplay? I have a bootleg PCB that will not allow insert credit for any ROM other than the one it came with. I wanted to switch to rev1 ROM and can't because insert credit doesn't work.

I looked into trying this myself but I just don't get it.
I think I know why... But to be sure I need to know witch romset it currently using. Is it one of the sets that are present in Mame?

I think I know why... But to be sure I need to know witch romset it currently using. Is it one of the sets that are present in Mame?
Yes. It's been a couple years, and I don't remember. Let me check my notes and I'll get back to you.

I knew exactly which romset it was because I had a bunch of bad EPROMs, on that board, that I had to replace. The bootleg had like double the EPROMs of the retail board because they used 256k EPROMs instead of 512k. The ROMs were all split in half and I had to use the MAME ROMs to recreate them.

Thanks.

What revision of Rasta Saga? Japanese Rev 1, have already English text for the cut scenes.
Oh, I didn't know that! I sadly messed up and purchased regular Rastan a few years ago and just wanted the cut scenes! Thanks! You should have just told me and taken some credit!

The ROMs that came in the bootleg were from rastsagaa which I believe is the original JAPAN romset.

http://romident.coinopflorida.com/gameinfo.php?setname=rastsagaa

I would take ANY rev 1 RASTAN romset; I don't care about the region

I believe all versions prior to rev1 have a game crashing bug. I experienced the issue on level 5 on bootleg and real hardwarem, running the pre rev1 romsets.

Most people can't get to level 5, so they would never encounter the bug.

Ok,

Yes, that is an original romset based on the older codebase. So If you use this romset from mame, the coin slots work on your bootleg? Or was any of the CPU roms not matching with the Mame set from your bootleg?

Ok,

Yes, that is an original romset based on the older codebase. So If you use this romset from mame, the coin slots work on your bootleg? Or was any of the CPU roms not matching with the Mame set from your bootleg?
On this ROM (rastsagaa) coinage works on my bootleg.

If memory serves, the original USA ROM coinage works as well.

On any Rev 1 ROM, coinage doesn't work.

I looked at the MAME driver, and recall there was a comment about coinage; but I didn't understand it.

I'm a programmer, by trade, but I don't understand what's being referenced in the comment.

Thanks again.

I been looking for clues there too. "TAITO_COINAGE_WORLD" and "TAITO_COINAGE_JAPAN_OLD" are different configurations for the dipswitches to control how many credits per coin the coinslots are supposed to give.

So they should not be causing any problem. I have also looking at the coin lockout registers. But so far have I not found anything in the bootlegs that could give a clue. There are no patches in any of the bootlegs roms so it should not be the problem. But they are used as a protection device. In the old romsets they are just for protection, in the newer set they are also used too control the limits so not more than 9 credits can be inserted.

But there must be something lurking around since your bootleg works with the old sets but not the new ones.

I digging around in the code for clues. And hopefully will I find something...

Back