What's new
RTW:

Could you test your Batrider hardware and see if the coin inputs work there? I know it's not related hardware but I'm curious. Since there are several games with this test locked in Mame. Not only Taito games...

Before had I someone testing his Rastan Saga Original and on his version did the input work. So it had been very interesting to get another test done from someone else. To find out if it's Mame or if his version is different from the one already in dumped...

test.jpg

Maybe I'm not following the conversation, but I'll just remind you that coin input worked with the first test ROMs you gave me. You had moved service mode to different ROMs. Not sure if that helps.

@Pythagoras Sorry my Batrider is in storage at the moment, maybe someone else can do this test ?
No worries about that. I was just curious. I did a patch that enabled the coin inputs in test mode but that was a while ago and now I could not find that patch again. Maybe I look at it some other time again but the disassembled source of the roms contains almost 700.000 lines. So there is a lot of "digging" needed :whistling:

Maybe I'm not following the conversation, but I'll just remind you that coin input worked with the first test ROMs you gave me. You had moved service mode to different ROMs. Not sure if that helps.
Yes, I remember that. I have no idea why they worked after the code was relocated. It have sometihing to do how the faulty ram is handling things... Anyway I will make a free play patch later, I know what I have to do but I need to plan little how to put it in place, I will need to rearrange a few things since there is no way I can squeese that code there I want it. So I have to relocate some code or make a branch. I have a little routine that partly works. I think I can force it work almost as I want with a hack. But I looking to do a proper one, that completly bypass the coin slots, later using a dipswitch setting. when I get the time and motivation to work on it:rolleyes:

That question is a little vague.
Please elaborate and I'm sure we can find the answer you are looking for.

Sorry about that... I'm new here.

5th post in this thread makes reference to a "rastsaga.zip"... is it available on this site somewhere?

Thanks!

Sorry about that... I'm new here.

5th post in this thread makes reference to a "rastsaga.zip"... is it available on this site somewhere?

Thanks!
No problem. The thread changed topics a few times.

The rastsaga.zip being referenced in the 5th post is just the mame ROM that can found with a simple Google or archive.org search.

I would think that getting the rastsaga.zip included in the latest mame romset would be the best idea.

No problem. The thread changed topics a few times.

The rastsaga.zip being referenced in the 5th post is just the mame ROM that can found with a simple Google or archive.org search.

I would think that getting the rastsaga.zip included in the latest mame romset would be the best idea.

Great, thank you!

Their positions on the PCB are 14, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25.

You can see they are labeled with blue painter's tape below.

You should only use rev 1 ROMs as my testing has shown that rev 0 have a bug that causes a crash on level 5, in some instances.

I have verified this on legit and bootleg boards and have read other online accounts.

All Rastan romsets will have dumps that end with the same extension.

You are interested in: .7, .8, .9, .19, .20, .21

This is the mapping from the romset to the positions on the board.

b04-13.7 = 21
b04-15-1.8 = 22
b04-17-1.9 = 24
b04-14.19 = 14
b04-16-1.20 = 23
b04-18-1.21 = 25
Nice writeup, thanks. Was experiencing repeated bitrot on the second castle (level four I guess) So went ahead and did this for the better version of the game. seems to have cleared it.

Ive been meaning to update this. I kept experiencing crashes on the fourth stage until changing out the other two roms. Maybe bitrot on all of them. dunno. No issues now after five or six times.

Ive been meaning to update this. I kept experiencing crashes on the fourth stage until changing out the other two roms. Maybe bitrot on all of them. dunno. No issues now after five or six times.
Which part of the 4th stage? Same every time?

Back