What's new

rastansaga1987

Beginner
Reaction score
This was the lowest powered PSU recommended on the HAS website. Since I've been using a 12V 3A Triad Magnetics supply with an Aliexpress supergun to run a Neo Geo board and haven't had any issues, I figured the 65A should be sufficient. But then saw this post that said 130W...is there a reason a Neo Geo board would need that much power? It's an MV-2F.

It's not about overall power, but how many amps does it supply on the +5V line. The RT-65A gives out 6 amps, which is enough for a 2F.

So RT-65A just arrived, I hooked it up, checked voltage without load. +/-5V seem OK. 12V line gives 11.65V. Is that normal?

Reactions: RGB
So RT-65A just arrived, I hooked it up, checked voltage without load. +/-5V seem OK. 12V line gives 11.65V. Is that normal?
First, put load on it, because you'll get different readings.

Second, prioritize getting 5V to be very close to 5V. I'm not an electronics expert, but what I've read here is that the components on 12V tend to be audio components that are more tolerant of variation and more easily replaced than the components on 5V.

The 65 works great, but just for a little bit more you can get the 85, which will help on some giant 80s PCBs, which you may get one day!

Just tested everything with the HAS 5.0 and MV2F. Works perfect, no issues at all. Haven't messed around with the menu much yet other than adjusting the brightness (which is also seamless).

The main reason I went with the RT-65A and not something more powerful was because I liked the small size, and the power supplies themselves were pretty cheap. I figured if I ever did dive into the rabbithole of acquiring more arcade boards in the future, the cost of another power supply wouldn't be more than a sales tax rounding error compared to the cost of boards :) And also, redundancy is good.

Back