What's new
Do you think you could measure the bracket the holds the jamma connector? My aero doesnt have one. I can design one up and share the stl file here.

Sure, the base is 99mm X 29mm

The top is 99mm X 34mm high at the "ears" and the dip is 18mm high

Each ear is 12.5mm wide, and the dip is 74mm wide

The top mounting holes are 6mm away from the inner gap and 8.5mm away from the top

The mounting holes in the base are 19.5mm away from the sides and 9.5mm away from the front

thanks!!, I think everything looks right. I measured the screw hole, I got 3.25mm so I made the hole 4mm. Also i dont know the thickness.
I worked on this quick at lunch, ill post the finalized file once you think it looks right.

Attachments

• base.PNG
    base.PNG
    156.5 KB · Views: 78
  • ears.PNG
    ears.PNG
    111.7 KB · Views: 83
  • jamma harness mount.PNG
    jamma harness mount.PNG
    373.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Close, but a couple errors with the ears-

The total height is 34mm, not 29mm
This means the dip down on the ears (where your image reads 11mm) should be a difference of 16mm

As to the thickness, its not quite as thick as the 16GA steel I used for the homemade one, and measures just under 2mm thick

Okay, I think it's fixed now. I just made it 2mm thick.
STL FILE

Attachments

• ears fix.PNG
    ears fix.PNG
    90.5 KB · Views: 72
That looks right to me.
Now, I do have some concerns about the amount of force that gets applied to the bracket during insertion.
What maybe for the sake of 3d printing the bend should be reinforced?

Got my Alberto panels today and started assembling that whole thing

IMG_20220120_172625.jpg

Unfortunately the joystick mounts aren't compatible with the plates on my Seimitsu LS-56 sticks.
The mounts are 87mm end to end, does anyone know what plate I need?

Make sure you're not a dummy like me and remove the protective film on the panels!

That looks right to me.
Now, I do have some concerns about the amount of force that gets applied to the bracket during insertion.
What maybe for the sake of 3d printing the bend should be reinforced?
It could be made a little bit thicker since the plastic part of the harness will not be in the way.
I can always put a metal file up too, for someone that wants to get it cut and bent.

Alright, I've got the bodies back and the reconstruction has begun!

But first, a note.
If you look carefully at the "before" photos, you'll see that one of the machines has this really gross box welded on by the coin box for a lockbar. Solution? Angle grinder.
Buuuuut the results really weren't very pretty.
In comes Alvin's Lab Metal. Basically aluminum putty that acts as a filler and can be powder coated.
This was my first time using it, and I'm really impressed. You can hardly tell that the lip was all goobered

IMG_20220125_212258.jpg

Started by attaching the basics, topper, bezel, etc.-
382d8597ca40337803644a5bc0fe4d08.0.jpg

And screwed in the handmade bracket I made, fits pretty dang well!

IMG_20220126_200602.jpg

In that picture you can see that I also went ahead and resleeved the built in tie downs. My strategy was just heat shrink cut to length and warmed up with a lighter.

Now that I've got the harness in, I'm realizing that I don't have quite as much wire as I thought.
Would anyone with factory wiring in their aero mind snapping a couple pics so I can see how things are laid out inside?

Last edited:
Much work has been done, here's their current status-
IMG_20220204_205430.jpg

IMG_20220204_205425.jpg

All in all I was able to find the stock wiring routing via opt2not's thread on Aeros so shout outs to him

Mounted up the monitors and they work just like they did on my bench-
IMG_20220202_173922.jpg

So all that's left now is to source a coin door, apply the art and stickers, and drop in the bezel and glass.

In sadder news though I found out the hard way that the power supply doesn't have enough juice to run a 4 slot neo Geo loaded with carts. Any 2 in any 2 slots are great. 3 and graphical glitches come up, 4 and the board gets stuck in a reset loop.
Guess I'm gonna try and source a 2 slot, but in the meantime I'll just have fun with my janktastic PGM mobo and some beat em ups

PS- I really want to grab a second smoke balltop for the neo, but they're sold out everywhere, anyone got a spare?

Looking great! I’m glad my restoration thread was able to help you out.
I still need to post my second Aero Restore, right after I do a couple finishing touches. but I’ve been lazy lately 🤗

Back