What's new

FluxChiller

Professional
Reaction score
Having a difficult time finding a seimitsu LS-32 dust cover that fits snuggly to the shaft, but that a shaft that is bare metal with no plastic cover. No problems find a sanwa version of this.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to purchase this?

Having a difficult time finding a seimitsu LS-32 dust cover that fits snuggly to the shaft, but that a shaft that is bare metal with no plastic cover. No problems find a sanwa version of this.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to purchase this?
Hey Fluxchiller, the only plastic dust cover that I'm aware of is the LS-32-SC or the LS-32-01-SC because Seimitsu uses a slightly slimmer shaft on the SC model than the bare metal shaft LS-32. The plastic shaft cover from Seimitsu can't be removed unless you take apart the entire lever, it's held from behind (thats what she said). Basically you need to either order the SC version or the non-SC version.

Yeah I like the bare metal look of the shafts, today I took my LS-32's apart and replaced the shafts with hollow versions that are polished. Kind of a pain in the ass to do, fyi.

So now im stuck with no tight fitting dust cover - still using the dust cover it came with but it has to much play without the shaft cover.

If you buy the LS-32 models without the shaft cover, they come with a correctly fitted dust cover:

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/products/seimitsu-ls-32-joystick - LS-32 (.187 contacts)
https://arcadeshock.com/products/seimitsu-ls-32-01-joystick - LS-32-01 (JST NH header)

Maybe you can contact one of these places and see if they have some spares?

EDIT: Didn't realize Seimitsu used a thinner shaft on -SC models, bummer. I would just buy a set of non-SCs but I really hate loose dust covers (and any shaft covers). For my LS-56s, I remove the shaft cover and then use a Sanwa JLF dust cover which fits perfectly on its narrower shaft. Maybe try a JLF one?

https://arcadeshock.com/collections...ts/sanwa-denshi-jl-pp1-dust-washer-set-of-two

Just to confirm, the Sanwa JLF dust washers fit on the Seimitsu LS-32 shafts? I see recommendations, but want to clarify if this is something someone has actually tried.

Just to confirm, the Sanwa JLF dust washers fit on the Seimitsu LS-32 shafts? I see recommendations, but want to clarify if this is something someone has actually tried.
They do fit. Alternatively, Seimitsu shaft extenders will work on JLF levers as well

Standard JLF dust covers definitely won't fit regular LS-32 shafts, just the thinner ones.

Ah, ok. Sounds like I need to cancel an order then. I have standard LS-32 shafts. They look like they have about a 1cm diameter. Any recommendations for those, if not the JLF dust washers?

Screenshot-2023-03-14-at-1.38.04-PM.jpg

If anyone comes back to this thread in the future:
Here's the Sanwa JLF shaft diameter (8.85mm):
schema-sanwa-jl-s9f-longue.png

And here's the Seimitsu LS-32 diameter (10mm):

schema-rallonge-seimitsu.png

The JLF shaft is 1.15mm smaller in diameter than the LS-32, so any dust washer that would fit the JLF snugly will not fit on the LS-32.

Based on what's available at the time of posting, it seems like my not great options are:
  • Buy an entire new joystick for the correct size dust washer (not happening)
  • Buy a Seimitsu washer and shaft cover combo and just put the shaft cover on (apparently even these don't fit LS-32s, specifically)
  • Buy a Seimitsu washer and shaft cover combo and leave the shaft cover off, and have a loose dust washer
  • Get an unbranded, unofficial custom washer that fits perfectly with the graphic of my choosing (for 10 bucks a pop)
  • Buy the correct Seimitsu LS-32 dust washer from SmallCab.net and pay 20x the cost of the product itself in international shipping fees
Am I missing something? From where I'm standing, it looks like there's no where local that carries a proper dust washer for this stick.

so it sounds like the short version is there's no source for the original dust washer for an ls-32 non shaft cover sold separately. where did your original ones go?

imo the solution would be to not use an ls-32 because it's a bad stick. ;)

would you be ok with something 3d printed?

In the past I just used a drill bit to widen the hole on the dust cover for my Seimitsu shafts. No problem.

so it sounds like the short version is there's no source for the original dust washer for an ls-32 non shaft cover sold separately. where did your original ones go?

imo the solution would be to not use an ls-32 because it's a bad stick. ;)

would you be ok with something 3d printed?
Haha! Is it really a bad stick? I have two NACs that both came with 2x LS-32s. The dust washers they came with were not original and looked pretty gross. Something 3D printed might be an option if I really can't find anything OEM, which is preferred! Is that something you do?
I'm so confused! Major conflicting reports here. Thank you for coming back with this photo. Is the 2017 revision of the LS-32 shaft also 10mm in diameter? And same with the center hole of the JLF dust washer? Did you have to force them through at all?
In the past I just used a drill bit to widen the hole on the dust cover for my Seimitsu shafts. No problem.
Smart!

@c1v1ta No forcing it at all. It's a perfect fit, actually. If anything, I think the dustwasher is a little loose on JLF levers, but ever so slightly.

@c1v1ta No forcing it at all. It's a perfect fit, actually. If anything, I think the dustwasher is a little loose on JLF levers, but ever so slightly.
Wow, cool. Could I trouble you for a diameter measurement of either your LS-32 shafts or the opening circle of the dustwasher?

It's about 3/8".
Damn, which is basically 10mm. Thanks, my friend!
@nem you mentioned these wouldn't fit. Just wanted to double check here and see where the disconnect was coming from.
Maybe the JLF washers are just a touch big for the JLF shafts but end up fitting snug on the LS-32s? Were you going solely on shaft diameter?

Too much discussion on "shaft sizes" in this thread for my taste...

Back