What's new
For Sale
The volume pot only controls the volume for the on board audio amp the outputs to the JAMMA edge. The RCA output is line level and is meant to be controlled by the volume on the amp inside your cabinet.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for confirming, I’m using the Q sound amp in my big blue and it doesn’t have the ability to adjust the sound level, I’ll have to do some more research for options 👍

Hey all, some quick updates:

I found a good source for custom wire harnesses (thank you @twistedsymphony for the recommendation!). I also have some help to solder boards. This will speed up the process significantly. Currently cranking out boards and building stock.

Tindie was great while it lasted, but I've had some issues with the platform and ready to move on. They are refusing to provide me the email addresses of people who are currently signed up for stock notifications. I will do my best to notify everyone of the change. If you signed up for notifications on Tindie, you will receive stock notifications in the next week or two and product pages will advise you on where you can buy the boards and re-sign up for notifications.

My boards will be available at https://www.shewfly.com moving forward. Please signup for stock notifications there.

Shewfly should have stock listed in 3-4 weeks.

Congrats on the new site! Looks great!

IMG_4750.jpeg

Just finished another recap and stereo mod MV1FZ; superb again!
If these go in stock, treat yourself to Neo in Stereo!
Thanks @everten

MVS in stereo makes a huge difference, especially if you are using a supergun that's hooked up to a quality stereo (SamSho2 in particular is amazing). It doesn't need to be anything crazy like what I have in storage back home, but a good tube output receiver and a pair of three-way speakers will open up your games like you wouldn't believe. Just be careful not to step too far into the audiophile world; not everyone is lucky like me to have an old man who does all the dirty work for them.

First picture: hand-built stereo my dad made (everything wood is also him); very clear but low wattage, so it requires a separate powered subwoofer.
Second picture: 60s Fisher 500B receiver with 80s EPI three-way speakers; a bullet-proof sound setup that I've used since middle school.

Attachments

• D818E5CD-674C-40D0-A0A6-9684665BF48E.jpeg
    D818E5CD-674C-40D0-A0A6-9684665BF48E.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 56
I know I've been saying this forever, but I promise theses are coming! Some schedule conflicts and travel made it difficult for us to coordinate, but https://www.shewfly.com should be launching the week of Halloween / November 1st. Thanks for your patience! Lots of other cool arcade stuff being added to the store as well, like these enamel magnets.

1697675549598.png
1697675622586.png

100%. That’s the cart I use for testing when I’m done with these mods ;)
SamSho2 is the easiest way to tell if a 3-6 AES has the correct stereo orientation as well. It was reversed by accident on this revision, but corrected later on. For those not familiar, with SamSho2 in particular the character sounds are very clearly on their respective channels. More so than many other games. For example, if you jump on the left side it will be loud on the left side, etc. So if you jump on the left and the sound is loud on the right, then you've got some soldering to do lol. Luckily it's quite an easy fix.

SamSho2 is the easiest way to tell if a 3-6 AES has the correct stereo orientation as well. It was reversed by accident on this revision, but corrected later on. For those not familiar, with SamSho2 in particular the character sounds are very clearly on their respective channels. More so than many other games. For example, if you jump on the left side it will be loud on the left side, etc. So if you jump on the left and the sound is loud on the right, then you've got some soldering to do lol. Luckily it's quite an easy fix.
I feel like the intro / attract screen is a good tell as well.

Back