What's new
I've now got the pin out from the drive board to the SSR board......

table-chartdrive-ssr-wiring.png

Tests on the drive board > SSR board. Looks like for some reason the only tests that are toggling as expected are the steering wheel ones, which are the only ones activating the solenoids!
table-chartDRIVEBOARD OUTPUTS.png

@RedFighter have you reverse engineered the drive board enough to make a schematic?

Thanks

SORTED!!!! I decided to remove the Sony chip, after looking at the trace lines I couldn't see how it could be anything else other than the LS chips (already socketed & tried known working).

LOADS of crud under there!!

20221228_135453.jpg

Cleaned it all up......

20221228_141334.jpg

I decided to remove the Sony chip off my other board, it could just be crud causing the problem but I'd rather just find out with a known working chip for now!!

20221228_143819.jpg

Haha! The cab wasn't bolted together and only 1 bolt holding the steering wheel on....which fell off at the end!! Can't wait to complete the job and hope it stays working for a while!! Learned so much about this game and couldn't have done it without the people on here!!

It looks a bit lonely, you need a nice AfterBurner dlx and OutRun next to it now!

I think you made the right choice, the AirDrive is much more interesting.
I didn't even know it existed until I saw yours!

I've been following your journey with interest since these sega machines were some of my favs. Never had the experience of the sit-down on SMGP- only played the upright maybe once or twice. Air drive with 86 Out Run would have been nuts! I love seeing this cab brought back to life.

Thank you ;) The only reason I bought it was because of the seaside Arcades!! Miss those days...

We had many versions of those here on the east coast of the US (specifically New Jersey boardwalks for me). The only time I've seen or played the sit-down Galaxy Force 2 was there. Those memories definitely stick with us and we try to keep them alive when we can. I have a Space Harrier upright in storage that will need refurb at some point so your patience and tenacity is inspiring.

I've been busy the last few days and now I see that your machine is running. :)
Congratulations on the successful repair !!
I used to play the sitdown machine as a kid, but without the airdrive.

Now when I watch your video I feel like I'm in the 80's :thumbsup:

It's a bit quiet in here :P I am patiently waiting to see the finished machine...:)

Back