What's new
I tried to convert a asian rental game to SSFX Jap freeplay, this is a rev 3 romboard with a PAL BGSB3G soldered with pin 13 of cn3, but I have this glitch, any idea please?

20210612.jpg

20210613.jpg

20210614.jpg

Alright. My 19xxj Phoenix'ed-back-to-MAME effort is semi-working. The big part of the problem was finding a rom for it that had the proper files (thanks @xodaraP!). Used aje_fr's CPS2 Suicide Free mod chip and took hints from undamned Infinikey install to figure out where to tap +5v and Gnd.

It boots, but there are artifacts on screen. I washed the board thoroughly. No need to reset jumpers because it was working just fine as a Phoenixed board. Actually, there are no solder blobs on the jumpers at all, so traces are intact under the PCB from factory. Everything is well seated. What do you think, bad burns?

EDIT: Rev4 board running PAL-E from factory.

19xxj_Artifacts3.JPG
19xxj_Artifacts1.JPG
Hey,

Did you manage to fix this? I'm havng the same issue and it seems to be related to the jumpers on the gfx section. My pcb comes with 4 4Mbit and 4 32MBit EPROMs in the same area, but all of the jumpers are set up as 32 MBit. I'm trying to figure out how to change the jumpers to accept 40 pin, 4MBit EPROMs in the gfx section.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your PCB and the jumpers? Please let me know. thanks!

Hey,

Did you manage to fix this? I'm havng the same issue and it seems to be related to the jumpers on the gfx section. My pcb comes with 4 4Mbit and 4 32MBit EPROMs in the same area, but all of the jumpers are set up as 32 MBit. I'm trying to figure out how to change the jumpers to accept 40 pin, 4MBit EPROMs in the gfx section.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your PCB and the jumpers? Please let me know. thanks!

I saw your post on Facebook :)

Which PAL do you have installed on the board?

You not only need to have the jumpers set correctly for the ROM sizes you want but the correct PAL for addressing

I saw your post on Facebook :)

Which PAL do you have installed on the board?

You not only need to have the jumpers set correctly for the ROM sizes you want but the correct PAL for addressing
This one came with a E PAL. According to the spreadsheet I've seen online, it should be a F PAL. Took the PAL from a MSH and things got worse, as there were jailbars and the sound was messed up.

The pcb with 40 pin, 512KB eproms installed where I’ve always seen 42 pin eproms.

Attachments

• CCEFD044-6EDA-4054-9DFA-E5DC42A44237.jpeg
    CCEFD044-6EDA-4054-9DFA-E5DC42A44237.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 107
Ok so MAME says 19xx uses a combination of 4mbit and 16mbit mask ROMs in alternating sockets and 16mbit sound ROMs in sockets 11/12

13 - 4mbit
14 - 16mbit
15 - 4mbit
16 - 16mbit

etc

Can you confirm it was an E PAL? I’ve never seen an E before and F sounds correct because it’s running 16mbit sound EPROMs

It’s been a while since I’ve set jumpers for anything that’s not 42 pin - but it looks to be a reverse of SFZ2 which uses 32mbit and 8mbit alternating but in the reverse of 19xx (13 - 32mbit 14 - 8mbit etc)

Ok so MAME says 19xx uses a combination of 4mbit and 16mbit mask ROMs in alternating sockets and 16mbit sound ROMs in sockets 11/12

13 - 4mbit
14 - 16mbit
15 - 4mbit
16 - 16mbit

etc

Can you confirm it was an E PAL? I’ve never seen an E before and F sounds correct because it’s running 16mbit sound EPROMs

It’s been a while since I’ve set jumpers for anything that’s not 42 pin - but it looks to be a reverse of SFZ2 which uses 32mbit and 8mbit alternating but in the reverse of 19xx (13 - 32mbit 14 - 8mbit etc)
Yes, it’s using an E PAL and there is no issue with the sound.

Attached a link to a video of how it looks right now.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CURnVs-gYzN/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CURnVs-gYzN/?utm_medium=copy_link

Can you take some photos of your current jumper settings and send them through?
Ignore how messy it looks… I ran out of whick. Tester shows as following for the gfx area : SOSOSO - SOSOSO.

Attachments

• 080FBC0B-65A6-43AF-9ACE-B548A479A7FA.jpeg
    080FBC0B-65A6-43AF-9ACE-B548A479A7FA.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 116
  • C4F6DDC7-AEF0-4B2D-9CD8-079BC54929AA.jpeg
    C4F6DDC7-AEF0-4B2D-9CD8-079BC54929AA.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 107
Those settings are correct for the larger 42 pin DIP EPROMs but in your case that needs to be changed for the smaller sizes in those sockets

Try this:

Edit: sorry should be

OSSOOSSO
OSSOOSSO

Last edited:
Figured I might as well ask here since it's quite active.

I'm trying to move a set of SFZ2 roms originally on a Rev 7 board with a daughterboard into a Rev 4 board.

I've transferred everything which includes, the all the roms, PAL D chip and the jumper settings, but still have no luck and is greeted with the Light blue screen after installing an Infinikey.

Does the jumper settings matter when it comes to the different revision of the board?

Figured I might as well ask here since it's quite active.

I'm trying to move a set of SFZ2 roms originally on a Rev 7 board with a daughterboard into a Rev 4 board.

I've transferred everything which includes, the all the roms, PAL D chip and the jumper settings, but still have no luck and is greeted with the Light blue screen after installing an Infinikey.

Does the jumper settings matter when it comes to the different revision of the board?

No, they’re all the same but older boards can be more difficult with key injection. Do you have the resistor installed on CN2 where the key writing wires are?

I was actually about to reply about that - you really need to make sure that +5 isn’t making contact with that pad.

Also your exposed wire is very long and may be causing issues with that nearby 245

Back