What's new
Finally!! it WORKS. thank you everyone for your help.
@The Spaniard Thanks mate it seems I had the exact same issue as you, your feedback and instructions were helpful!

I don't want to sound negative, please take this as constructive feedback but I feel that there could be better install instructions (unless I am missing something or haven't read or watched all provided)

Specifically showing people how to push in the pinssafely and close up photos of how it should and shouldn't look. I know mitsu has an install video but that is with a proto board which has totally different pins.

This would save a lot of time for a lot of people, including @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w who spend a lot of time providing support to people like myself who have not installed their kit properly.

I'm happy to record a video of it myself or help provide material but I don't want to post inacurrate information that could lead to people damaging their kits.

Please let me know what you think, Happy to contribute.

@modology is comming to my house later tonight, he hasn't been able to get his kit going for a while now. He has been told that his issue is due to a bad SD.
We are going to use my known working SD cards on his CPS2. I will also try all the other troubleshooting steps I have tried with mine.

Now, after 2 weeks of headache and the CPS2 being out of commission, it is times for some games!!

Ah that rings a bell, might have been what sorted out my issues.

Take it off and push it down evenly until it stops on both sides. I don't think you need to go that hard to puncture your fingers but some force is required.

Hopefully that fixes your issues.
+1

Glad you got it working!

Seems a few people are having troubles but in the end someone here has the answer. At least the kits aren't faulty, all seems to be user error.

@xodaraP

Would you consider writing up a tutorial with photos and posting it on these forums? You're intimate with the CPS2 multi kit and are great at doing write-ups.

Finally!! it WORKS. thank you everyone for your help.
@The Spaniard Thanks mate it seems I had the exact same issue as you, your feedback and instructions were helpful!
Great to hear! Glad I could help.

Seems that seating the board in evenly and deeply is an important aspect of installation.

Looks to me that when the interconnect goes in it has a tendency to go to one side or the other if even pressure is not applied.

Getting it in evenly and deeply is going to be something to suggest as one of the first troubleshooting steps from now on I think.

Glad you got it working!

Seems a few people are having troubles but in the end someone here has the answer. At least the kits aren't faulty, all seems to be user error.

@xodaraP

Would you consider writing up a tutorial with photos and posting it on these forums? You're intimate with the CPS2 multi kit and are great at doing write-ups.
For sure @Frank_fjs.
Congragts... @djcalle ... for sure your infos will help other people when they mount the kit on the prepared b board.

You're intimate with the CPS2 multi kit
Who told you? :whistling:

FD6E26DD-8A23-4D52-9E0E-E4B3D40EBDE7.gif

Last edited:
Glad you got it working!

@xodaraP

You mean write up a tutorial on the installation and potential issues you'll see and what they mean? Yeah I can probably do that

Happy to help any Australian owners too if you get to the point where you'd rather send it to someone to look at.

Out of 50+ CPS2 boards I've seen I've only come across 2 that had issues I couldn't solve (and I'm still working on both) - and I've fixed a few multi kit problems for people.

I need to take mine out and write the new roll up pack so some photos while I have it open certainly aren't out of the question.

Yeah just a simple step by step with photos.

I know there's already official documentation but maybe there's benefit with it coming from an end user as opposed to a dev.

I'd do it myself but you did all the hard work for me. :)

Glad you got it working!

@xodaraP

You mean write up a tutorial on the installation and potential issues you'll see and what they mean? Yeah I can probably do that

Happy to help any Australian owners too if you get to the point where you'd rather send it to someone to look at.

Out of 50+ CPS2 boards I've seen I've only come across 2 that had issues I couldn't solve (and I'm still working on both) - and I've fixed a few multi kit problems for people.

I need to take mine out and write the new roll up pack so some photos while I have it open certainly aren't out of the question.
That'd be great and will force us to send some "candies" your way ;)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As I said, happy to help building materialas well.

Well today seems to be a successful day for DS kit installation in Melbourne, VIC!!!
@modology came with his board and I was able to spot a short with a SMD cap where he had soldered one of the programming wires!
His issue was that the LCD was never displaying anything...after fixing the short, the LCD was working!
Here's where the short was:
miucKr5.png

After finally getting games booting up, I had another issue: garbled sound.
So I read the opening post and saw this could be caused by the jumpers.
So I went back and cut again the two jumpers I had issues with.
Turns out my technique was flawed, when cutting traces i always do single cuts from the same startinng point. That wasn't working in this case.
All I had to do was cutting back and forth with the scalpel, that worked instantly, and no more sound issues!

Getting it in evenly and deeply is going to be something to suggest as one of the first troubleshooting steps from now on I think.
We may change that for a ribbon cable.
that would indeed be a great idea - i also remember that i had problems seating that little interconnecting board - i also had to use so much force that i was afraid i would damage the kit :D

great you guys got your kits working - now enjoy! :thumbup:

I was actually thinking that would be a better solution but figured I don't know shit and to keep my mouth shut. :P

The only thing I'd be worried about there is the top of the case pushing down on the ribbon cable when you put it back together.

Unless you make it in the same way as the LCD ribbon cable, or short enough that it goes straight between the 2 without bending

Back