What's new
Just to add to the community I’ve replaced my mai gtx 660 in my ttx3 with a palit gtx670. Had to flash bios and now works fine sfv at 60fps no issue.

Attachments

• 41321E65-97C3-4C62-A4F0-33CA8F9193E6.png
    41321E65-97C3-4C62-A4F0-33CA8F9193E6.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 4B204882-25DC-4E8C-8F21-F7A3FC010456.jpeg
    4B204882-25DC-4E8C-8F21-F7A3FC010456.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 105
So far I've tested the b23 and b16 bios with the latest multi - fastio only

It will shutdown, not reboot and it doesn't matter if it's in attract mode, in game or even browsing in windows explorer.

I will try removing components and test it, nothing is overheating so I have excluded that as a cause and the power supply is a brand new 650w seasonic.

fun and games lol
Did you ever figure out what the issue is, I'm interested in upgrading my BIOS instead of flashing my GPU but now you've got me rethinking that

Just to add to the community I’ve replaced my mai gtx 660 in my ttx3 with a palit gtx670. Had to flash bios and now works fine sfv at 60fps no issue.
You didn't try to just flash the motherboard bios

Did you ever figure out what the issue is, I'm interested in upgrading my BIOS instead of flashing my GPU but now you've got me rethinking that
I did, it's my x3 motherboard/cpu/ram. One of those three components is failing and tripping the power supply. It's a strange one, only occurs after 20-30 minutes.

I had all the cards removed, no hard drive etc and it still shutdown, tested two different known working power supplies too.

I moved the Artax multi SSD that I had running in it and the DMAC card to my desktop PC, ran for hours. So I'm replacing the X3 hardware with a modern setup instead.

Was
I did, it's my x3 motherboard/cpu/ram. One of those three components is failing and tripping the power supply. It's a strange one, only occurs after 20-30 minutes.

I had all the cards removed, no hard drive etc and it still shutdown, tested two different known working power supplies too.

I moved the Artax multi SSD that I had running in it and the DMAC card to my desktop PC, ran for hours. So I'm replacing the X3 hardware with a modern setup instead
Just shutdown? Or reboot? I’ve seen this mainly occur in overheating CPUs, good to know it’s not the bios though. Maybe check component temps and safety thresholds in the BIOS

Was

Just shutdown? Or reboot? I’ve seen this mainly occur in overheating CPUs, good to know it’s not the bios though. Maybe check component temps and safety thresholds in the BIOS
It would shutdown, then try and start up, fail and then start up again. That was my first though too but the cpu/gpu were cold. As was everything else reported in the BIOS and HWINFO64.

Hmmmm real head scratcher, oh well I bet moving to newer hardware will be better anyway

Some interesting? Findings playing with this bios:
Before I blew the world up I had two X3s - P&D and a NxLv2. P&D was win8, NxLv2 was win10.

Both I individually unlocked into my multi setup, worked fine on each respective new drive. Win8 drive wouldn't work in win10 machine and vice-versa.

Flashed the bios, everything works fine on boot up and then win10 drive no longer works anymore. NxLv2 drive also won't unlock anymore! OH NO!

...Yet the Win8 drive would now boot properly on the NxLv2 machine and work without problems.

"I WANT WINDOWS 10!" i scream so i try to fix it, but windows 10 is hell from a boot perspective and I was able to get into recovery mode by breaking bcd enough. Went through and told it to do a full recovery which gave me a default Windows 10 2016 LTSB install with all of Taito's customizations removed. Odd, but works good enough for me! On to getting this r360 installed!

Edit: perhaps not? This bios loses USB mass storage support. They don't even show up at post in bios.

Last edited:
There's always the hard way to downgrade the bios if needed and if ami bios tool doesn't allow it software way

You will never get your NXL2 drive to boot again on that system after flashing that updated bios. I'm 99% sure it's a 1 way flash and you remove any ability to boot your originals again after flashing.
should be fine, i have a backup and can just flash a new chip if i really want to

I ended up deciding to show I'm not a horrible monster that destroys things. The bios while it kinda works started to refuse EDID over DVI-D which rendered my use case as impossible (using this on a Vewlix for 1080p fun times.) So I've opted to revert the software back to 100% stock and I'll focus on my empty ringedge chassis to build out a third fastio pc with a modern motherboard which will work better.

IMG_6524.jpg

It reverted just fine using the bios backup I took with the tools. Mass storage USB is also back so that's nice.

Hi,

I have a TTX3 404 originally with a B13 bios that I flashed in B23.
I have tried an I7-2600K and an I7-2700K and neither of them work.
The PC starts for 1 second and reboots.

I flashed in B13 and the same they don't work.
During the flash I have this error, but the bios is in B13

20211129_125449.jpg

If I uncheck Ignition in setup, I no longer have this error.

And in B16 it doesn't work either.

Maybe the motherboard doesn't support unlocked 'K' variants. This is why I moved away from the original board. Its cheap and nasty not to mention ancient.

Yes the TTX3 is really too tight.
If I put the Multi SSD + Dmac card on a modern PC, the fast i / o card works?

Thanks for confirming this!

How did you take the backup of your original bios?
unknown.png

From here make sure only "Main BIOS Image" is checked and click Save. The resulting .bin file is what I wrote back using the same method of only having Main BIOS block checked. When I did the first upgrade to the uefi bios I also only had "Main BIOS Image" checked.

This ensured nvram contents were not modified however it appears that the system does some sort of cmos reset on each bios switch because default values always loaded up and modifications were lost. Both times after a successful bios flash the unit did two power cycles before posting. It makes me wonder if the nvram contents that are lost forever/render x3 as paperweights is only the loss of the master hd password and nothing more.

Edit: for those of you messing around with upgrading your own machine please do not take my steps as a 100% method to upgrade your unit if you're having troubles. This worked for me however I also have a full lab to which I can remove the flash chip and reprogram it manually if necessary. When messing with BIOS flashing you always run a high risk of turning something into a brick. Do not do something if you are not familiar with what you are about to proceed with and understand what you have selected.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if I can resurrect this third x3 monstrosity I was building but put on time out because it kept coming up with a black screen post. Do you happen to know if a dongle has to exist for post to complete? This last machine I got was just the mobo pcb + fast io board with the dongle stripped.

"all the parts are fine"

they were not fine... a ram swap brought it to life lol. BEHOLD: PERFECTION!
IMG_6526.jpg

I've had a dead RE1 chassis sitting around for ages and figured it'd be better put to use as something else :)

Hi,

I have a TTX3 404 originally with a B13 bios that I flashed in B23.
I have tried an I7-2600K and an I7-2700K and neither of them work.
The PC starts for 1 second and reboots.

I flashed in B13 and the same they don't work.
During the flash I have this error, but the bios is in B13

20211129_125449.jpg

If I uncheck Ignition in setup, I no longer have this error.

And in B16 it doesn't work either.
My TTX3 perfectly support i7 2600k as you can see on attached photo. Maybe you have faulty cpu or some other kind of problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_082128.jpg
    IMG_20211026_082128.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
The one I just got working has an i5-2500k and my P&D i upgraded to an i7-2600 (non-k) so I can confirm both of those cpus work

Back