What's new

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I tried this card and it works fine, no need to change the bios. I got it to boot to a fresh windows install that i did on the TTX3 system, and it boots and plays nikos multi fine as well with a driver change.

I didn't test it with any official games though, so as a drop in replacement for actual TTX3 original game and dongle setups, it's untested.

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
Part #: 02G-P4-3664-KR

61p4q5-VrOL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Found a 760 locally for about 60 AUD, so I thought I'd give it a try...

I can confirm the 3 fan versions of the 760 just physically won't fit without taking out the fan and having it outside.

IVsSMP0l.jpg

Not only that, I didn't realise (stupid me didn't check) that the power is only dual 6 pcie not a 6 and an 8 connector, so I purchased a 6 to 8 adapter on ebay.

Rzudz6il.jpg

I tried fitting the card in this aftenoon and umm... lol. Yeah no chance of it fitting! :D :D

pFx07Ehl.jpg

Pn4A2NGl.jpg

I might look into the 2 fan versions and see if I can find those for cheap too.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I just tested a 960 and it also doesn't boot.

It boots the Taito screen, and just sits there, it beeps at you every 30 seconds or so, and you can't enter the bios. This one to be exact.

1607418708047.png

That's 3 different 960 cards tested now, i think we might be headed into "TTX3 doesn't boot 960's".

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Found a 760 locally for about 60 AUD, so I thought I'd give it a try...

I can confirm the 3 fan versions of the 760 just physically won't fit without taking out the fan and having it outside.

IVsSMP0l.jpg

Not only that, I didn't realise (stupid me didn't check) that the power is only dual 6 pcie not a 6 and an 8 connector, so I purchased a 6 to 8 adapter on ebay.

Rzudz6il.jpg

I tried fitting the card in this aftenoon and umm... lol. Yeah no chance of it fitting! :D :D

pFx07Ehl.jpg

Pn4A2NGl.jpg

I might look into the 2 fan versions and see if I can find those for cheap too.

Just an FYI - had the same result as Murray. It would boot to the taito screen, would beep and nothing else.

I haven't tried flashing the bios on it though - so I might eventually try that.

I do have an MSI Twin Frozr III 760 coming in the next few days, so I'll also try that.

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
I do have an MSI Twin Frozr III 760 coming in the next few days, so I'll also try that.

Got delivery of the 760

TdxUI1jl.jpg

I need two attempts at it..

When I first installed it as is, it booted, but everything lagged, so I thought flashing the bios would fix it.

After flashing the 760 BIOS found in the X3 Official Firmware thread, it showed the same behaviour as the Gigabyte 760 I had where it would boot to the TTX3 logo screen, beep and then wouldn't do anything else.

I initially flashed the MSI card back to a default bios found here - msi-gtx760-2048-140306, but this also got to the TTX3 logo and just hung.

I then flashed it with the no UEFI support BIOS and that worked fine - it booted the same way as it did when I first tried it.

After rediscovering the card in device manager, it showed up as NVIDIA GTX 760 and it has been working fine .

The Gigabyte 760 I originally purchased hasn't worked, but I didn't flash the card to a no UEFI bios, I don't think i'm going to bother as the only way that card fits is if you take the fan out of the TTX3.

300wins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please note that the firmware in the official X3 firmware thread are for the cards pictured. I've never tried to flash any different card than the ones pictured.

Wesker13

Beginner
Reaction score
I just purchased one of these as well, so i can test and report when it arrives.

610LqynDiyL._AC_SX679_.jpg
I have the same Graphique card and i have same problem for the 960gtx impossible boot for multi Windows or bios. Do you have a solution?

enidz

Beginner
Reaction score
Got delivery of the 760

TdxUI1jl.jpg

I need two attempts at it..

When I first installed it as is, it booted, but everything lagged, so I thought flashing the bios would fix it.

After flashing the 760 BIOS found in the X3 Official Firmware thread, it showed the same behaviour as the Gigabyte 760 I had where it would boot to the TTX3 logo screen, beep and then wouldn't do anything else.

I initially flashed the MSI card back to a default bios found here - msi-gtx760-2048-140306, but this also got to the TTX3 logo and just hung.

I then flashed it with the no UEFI support BIOS and that worked fine - it booted the same way as it did when I first tried it.

After rediscovering the card in device manager, it showed up as NVIDIA GTX 760 and it has been working fine .

The Gigabyte 760 I originally purchased hasn't worked, but I didn't flash the card to a no UEFI bios, I don't think i'm going to bother as the only way that card fits is if you take the fan out of the TTX3.
is that you -> jaycaesar on github ?

If not looks like someone got this card to work...

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was intentional or an accidental find, but pretty sure @mR_CaESaR has actually discovered why some cards do and don't boot. The actual reason....

If a video card requires UEFI bios, then it won't boot.

760 card generally require a UEFI bios for the cards, but there is a non UEFI bios for some of the 700 seres cards. This was the last Nvidia generation taht really supported video cards that didn't require UEFI bios. SO... all the 900 series cards, like the 960... don't have a NON UEFI bios for those cards, and they won't boot on the TTX3 because the motherboard bios doesn't like the viceo card.

Reading a bit online since he brought this up, it seems that it's not going to be possible to use 900 series cards in the TTX3 unless you get one that doesn't require a UEFI bios... but i don't think such a bios exists for 900 series cards.

For exanple the line where it says UEFI supported, needs to say NO.

1607811287292.png

Like this one
1607811323266.png

We now know of 3 760 cards that weren't working, that have been flashed with the UEFI bios and that made them work with the TTX3 units.

There are some 760 cards that will work with both UEFI, and non UEFI, but not many.

So this makes it easier now, we don't all just need to keep buying cards to see what will work, just check for non UEFI bios... if no, then you probably won't be getting the card to work. Not without bios hacking anyways, which is WAY beyond anything i know how to do.

Hats off to @mR_CaESaR

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
I could also be wrong about the above.

It may be something else that stops the 960 from booting, but from the testing done with the 760 card, it's certainly pointing the way of requireing a non UEFI bios.

You could always start here if you want to try with the 960.

https://www.win-raid.com/f16-BIOS-Modding-Guides-and-Problems.html

And if you're a real masochist, you could use this guide to maybe try and create your own non-uefi variant of a bios, just follow the guide in reverse i guess... not sure if it works like that on a UEFI ready bios though.

https://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY.html

Last edited:

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hahah definitely accidental find :)

It only became evident when I got confirmation of other cards being cross flashed (evga 2gb and 4gb for example) with the msi bios I used.

Wesker13

Beginner
Reaction score
thanks for the info so if i flash the evga 760 gtx graphics card in non uefi do i have any luck that it works?

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have been told it works with the egva - got crossed flashed with the msi non uefi that I used and it worked

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
thanks for the info so if i flash the evga 760 gtx graphics card in non uefi do i have any luck that it works?
Just keep in mind that any cross flashing of a bios meant for another card , you run the risk of bricking the card. Do so at your own risk etc.

Just the standard disclaimer applies, there hasn't been a huge amount of flashes done yet to say it's mega safe!

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Yep. Of course. I forgot to mention the disclaimer of cross flashing :)

So far, I know of the following that works

1. MSI Twin Frozr III 2GB (I believe it already shipped with the correct BIOS, but I cross flashed it with the 760 BIOS mentioned in the X3 f/w thread, but that didn't work for me. I eventually found the No UEFI BIOS for the Twin Frozr III and it worked)
  2. EVGA 2gb single fan version cross flashed with the MSI bios MSI.GTX760.2048.130603.rom

I know @Murray will be getting the ASUS shortly so I'm sure he'll test that.

I will try and find a way to cross flash the Gigabyte Windforce to see if it'll work (I currently have no PC that will fit the card to flash :D :D). I know all the Windforce BIOS on Tech Power Up is saying "yes" to UEFI.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5

This card DOES NOT boot in TTX3 with the default bios that comes installed.

It DOES work if you cross flash it with the firmware @mR_CaESaR posted above. This one https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/145232/msi-gtx760-2048-130603

I've tested it, it works perfectly fine with the updated firmware. Use nvflash to flash it with the -6 switch to ignore the id mismatch.

nvflash.exe -6 biosfile.here

Also, due to the pcb sticking out just above the bracket where the screw holds teh card in, the JVS IO daughter card only just fits in the case properly. It will rest on the top of the card when screwed in. Not ideal seeing as there is the SLI connector right underneath it. A piece of tape or the plastic covers that come on the SLI connectors is probably going to be needed, it does however work fine and if you put something under the I odaughter card it's fine.

1608117381464.png

Last edited:

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Also, this card I posted aboout earlier.

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2

This will play SF5 arcade version fine, as opposed to the gtx 660 (non TI version that comes stock in most TTX3's) which plays it with some heavy slowdown on some of the stages.

Just an FYI! 660TI is a suitable upgrade to fix the slowdowns without having to go all the way to 760.

Last edited:

enidz

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I just grabbed a 760 GTX (N760-2GD5/OC) like this one :
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/PCI-Express...-GTX-760-2GB-GDDR5-N760-2GD5-OC-/184279894997

I flashed it using nvflash -6 option with the GTX760-model407.rom provide on the forum
(Before the flash I saved the original Bios)
the flash processus went well I filmed it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x7D88YYxhe0pudrg5A-kSqpXcTKNwluL/view?usp=sharing

But when I start the TTX3 with the 760 GTX plugged in It stays on the taito type X3 logo with a biip sound every 2 minutes...

I put back the original 660 GTX it's stays only 2s on the TTX3 logo screen and boots fine.

Is there any settings to activate/change in the bios in order to use this flashed card ?

[Edit 1] I put it back in the home computer since I saw on the video that it needed a reboot for the flash to take effect.
save again the GC bios to make sure it was flashed :
Screenshot from 2020-12-19 17-03-04.png

Still the same freeze on the TTX3 logo...

[Edit 2]
I found 2 GC similar (same ref)

1st UEFI -> YES
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/162810/msi-gtx760-2048-140306

2nd UEFI -> NO
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/145232/msi-gtx760-2048-130603

All bios have the same size
Screenshot from 2020-12-19 17-47-30.png

[Edit 3]
my original sha1 hash match the UEFI=yes one on the link
Screenshot from 2020-12-19 17-49-28.png

[Edit 4]
try to flash it with the
100K MSI.GTX760.2048.130603.rom
MD5 Hash:55b695271873155c781999f0830e4277
SHA1 Hash:d78dcb17bd24dbd42f0c3a618ce9db15cde0ff17

It booted but the image was scrambled (as on windows after the flash and reboot)
Now windows refuse to boot with it anymore so I cannot flash the original bios in it.
Am I f*cked with this card ?

Thx.

Last edited:

enidz

Beginner
Reaction score
Yep. Of course. I forgot to mention the disclaimer of cross flashing :)

So far, I know of the following that works

1. MSI Twin Frozr III 2GB (I believe it already shipped with the correct BIOS, but I cross flashed it with the 760 BIOS mentioned in the X3 f/w thread, but that didn't work for me. I eventually found the No UEFI BIOS for the Twin Frozr III and it worked)
  2. EVGA 2gb single fan version cross flashed with the MSI bios MSI.GTX760.2048.130603.rom

I know @Murray will be getting the ASUS shortly so I'm sure he'll test that.

I will try and find a way to cross flash the Gigabyte Windforce to see if it'll work (I currently have no PC that will fit the card to flash :D :D). I know all the Windforce BIOS on Tech Power Up is saying "yes" to UEFI.
What was the size of your original MSI Twin Frozr III 2GB bios ?

300wins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you make sure the security is disabled in bios? That might be a culprit.