What's new
Just updated my Lord of the Vermillion with the B23 bios @300wins posted. I did this within Windows while running the Artax v4 multi.

You need to download the "Aptio 4 AMI Firmware Update Utility" from here

https://www.ami.com/products/firmware-tools-and-utilities/bios-uefi-utilities/

Extract it and copy over the "AfuWin64" folder to a USB drive as well at the full B23 bios dump that's been posted. Next run your TTX3 with multi and once in the menu scroll over to the utilities and launch explorer. I plugged in my keyboard/mouse and USB drive and copied the "AfuWin64" to the desktop and ran it. I used the settings in the picture posted below and waited for it to flash and reboot. It took a little longer to come back on, I think, but it worked fine. Now I wish I would have tried via DOS first, but I imagine it would work that way as well.

IMG_5256.JPGIMG_5257.JPG
Link no longer working..are these time sensitive?

AMI just like to fuck with everyone every few years and update their website so all links from all history no longer work.... just because they can.... and they like to hire web developers who skipped the lesson on 301 redirects.

https://www.ami.com/bios-uefi-utilities/
Make sure you use APtio 4
Thank you for ALL of the help Murray. <3 And to Mucky and 300 for allowing it to be more newb-friendly.

Hi guys,

I have updated my X3 with B23 bios that 300wins posted using "AfuWin64" . flashed using the Artax v4 multi with the explorer option on the utilities.

But now my X3 always reboots 2 times before start really booting. Anyone have a similar issue? Also its seems that always looses the BIOS configurations that I have modified like the date. I have already changes the bios battery.

Any sugestions???

Hi guys,

I have updated my X3 with B23 bios that 300wins posted using "AfuWin64" . flashed using the Artax v4 multi with the explorer option on the utilities.

But now my X3 always reboots 2 times before start really booting. Anyone have a similar issue? Also its seems that always looses the BIOS configurations that I have modified like the date. I have already changes the bios battery.

Any sugestions???
Thanks very much to everyone involved in getting this new version of firmware for us to use :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed afterwards is a very slow boot time, this is due to the Intel Management Engine and the secondary network interface, both can be safely disabled in Device Manager. I tried to find a compatible driver but had no luck, maybe there is a BIOS setting I missed to enable or disable the Intel MEI?
Per @chunksin

Disable the Intel Management Engine and the Secondary Network Interface from the Device Manager from within windows and the boot up will be speedy again.

Try what was suggested, but i'm not sure that losing the bios settings and the unit rebooting itself twice before booting properly each time is caused by that. I believe it just makes it boot slower.

I've flashed 3 units so far, using explorer on Artax v4 and none of the 3 units i flashed have had any issues, including slow booting after flash. I didn't get this slow booting thing after flashing the unit, with FASTIO or JVS as the io board.

My only advice would be to try and flash the unit again, and make sure you have the settings exactly as muckyfingers posted in his original post. It shouldn't hurt to flash the same bios image again over the top.

What game was your unit originally? Just out of curiosity? I've flashed LOV and Gunslinger 3 original units and had no issues, so i'm not sure why the IME and secondary network are causing slow boot issues for people.
It seems that like its restoring or recovering BIOS config or something similar.

Its was flashed with the same options as muckyfingers screenshot. I will give it another try.

Its a Model 405 with Theatrhythm FF AC

I have personally flash several X3 with no issue. I've done Puzzle & Dragons, Lord of Vermillion, Left4Dead, Gunslinger Stratos. I have never done a FF Theatherythm though.

I have personally flash several X3 with no issue. I've done Puzzle & Dragons, Lord of Vermillion, Left4Dead, Gunslinger Stratos. I have never done a FF Theatherythm though.
I Have. I’ve not encountered any issues.

You don’t have any dips set differently on the failed machine do you? Some of those are for network update I believe… not sure why that could cause a bios issue but?

I've updated the readme.txt file to include what you just posted.

I have the slow boot problem too in one tx3 after flashing bios 23.
But i didn't notice any error during the flash process, using the gui version of the program.
Do you know if there is something to do to avoid the slow boot now?

UTILS>>CONTROL PANEL>>DEVICE MANAGER>
You should see the two devices with exclamation marks like i posted the pictures a few posts back. Just disable both of them devices, right click disable. Should make it better, they won't effect performance but one of your LAN ports will no longer work.
Thanks i will try it

When you upgrade to a later GeForce card than the stock 660, are you updating the Nvidia drivers as well? Or are the proper drivers for the later GeForce cards already included in the Artax Multi image?

The driver should be in the Artax version. At least from the cards I have installed, it automatically installed the proper drivers. You'll need to reboot, but once that is done, it *should* be the correct video driver. I can confirm this for a GTX 780.

The driver should be in the Artax version. At least from the cards I have installed, it automatically installed the proper drivers. You'll need to reboot, but once that is done, it *should* be the correct video driver. I can confirm this for a GTX 780.
Can confirm, I’ve done three upgrades with the 780

Hey guys, lots to process in here so apologies if I missed something, still learning!

I bought a TTX3 with the weaker 640 GPU.

Purchased a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III and plopped it in there, only to be greeted with a black screen.

After some amateur digging, I saw in this thread the original GPU firmwares and attempted to flash the 660 firmware to my GPU. I'm not entirely sure it worked... I used nvflash64 with the -6 flag and the rom name, it blinked my screen and asked me to confirm and I said 'y' and it did.. stuff. Running it again it seemed to ask again if it wanted to update the version from one number to the next... does this mean the flash didn't take?

Anyways, after what I thought was the firmware flash, still greeted with a black screen (no video output at all) from the newly purchased 660.

I know the 660 works as I plopped it into a standard PC and it operated fine.

I did plug in another 660 from a working TTX3 machine into this one and it operated fine.

Is there other flashing I need to do? Or did the GPU flash I tried not work?

Thanks guys.

Rather than flashing the BIOS on the GPU, flash your TTX3 mainboard instead with the B23 BIOS instead. Then any GPU will work with its stock BIOS.

Last edited:
Have you connected the auxiliary power to the 660? Both 6-pin molex plugs were wrapped up behind the black psu air duct…

Back