What's new
So, I emailed unico asking if these monitors will be available in Canada (importing 2 was going to cost over $1000 cad via a reseller on amazon). Unico said they are looking to sell internationally eventually.

I also reached out to Arcadoo asking if they were thinking of doing 29 inch, 4 x 3 for candy cabinets and I got a reply saying that prior to COVID they were in the planning stages. They might come back to it after the launch of their 20.1 and other screen.

Just a note - I would love to keep crts running but it is getting hard to find parts and people to fix them. I have nanao with vertical collapse and polo 25 with some power issues.
I agree that an alternative solution needs to be made. I would love to have CRTs in my cabs for as long as possible but the used market and sourcing parts and or TV tube replacements is easier said than done. Plus as a bonus while your working on a crt a lcd that replaces it easily would be nice considering replacing a tube or sending and or working on a chassis and getting parts takes time.

So, I emailed unico asking if these monitors will be available in Canada (importing 2 was going to cost over $1000 cad via a reseller on amazon). Unico said they are looking to sell internationally eventually.

I also reached out to Arcadoo asking if they were thinking of doing 29 inch, 4 x 3 for candy cabinets and I got a reply saying that prior to COVID they were in the planning stages. They might come back to it after the launch of their 20.1 and other screen.

Just a note - I would love to keep crts running but it is getting hard to find parts and people to fix them. I have nanao with vertical collapse and polo 25 with some power issues.

I sent the email to unico to return a few. If you want We can try to arrange something so I can send you one. Not trying to make money out of it. If you can pay what i paid plus shipping costs I don't mind sending it to you and writing something like "birthday gift" in the customs form.

I don't know if this will amount to anything but i've been keeping an eye on this panel since it was listed on Panelook.com in may.

BrandSharpModel P/N LQ252B1LX01
Diagonal Size 25.2"Panel Type
Resolution 1440(RGB)×1920 95PPI
Pixel FormatRGB Vertical Stripe
Active Area 384.48(W)×512.64(H) mm
Outline Size 408(W)×536(H)(D) mm
Luminance 480 cd/m² (Typ.)
https://www.panelook.com/LQ252B1LX01_Sharp_25.2__overview_59885.html

it's listed as in production but no one has any units available for purchase yet.

I sent the email to unico to return a few. If you want We can try to arrange something so I can send you one. Not trying to make money out of it. If you can pay what i paid plus shipping costs I don't mind sending it to you and writing something like "birthday gift" in the customs form.
Sent a PM.

Last edited:
De
Hi guys!

I received one of the Unico ULM26 monitors on friday and like many of you I am pretty disappointed by how it performs compared to what Unico states.

However I went ahead and designed a full set of legs and even a controller board case in hopes they sort out it's color and weird resolution/scaling issues.

Features:

5 degree tilt for better viewing angle and stability.

Large, thick legs for strength and durability.

Symmetrical monitor placement. Place the display on any side - Horizontal and vertical!

Protective case for the control board. Easy snap lock design to protect it and has cutouts on the back for a pair of magnets. Can easily attach the case to anywhere on the metal chassis.

Captive nut cutouts on the back of the legs. No extra tools needed besides a screwdriver.

Give it a download and let me know what you think.

https://www.printables.com/model/559348-unico-ulm26-monitor-legs-and-control-board-case
Hello Todd

I instal this screen in a Blast city and i will need a black windows frame to make link with black guenine Bezel .
As i see you get a very good touch for 3D print .
What will be your Idea to get a complete size bezel with LCD screen please.

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_171028_703.jpg
    IMG_20230903_171028_703.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20230902_191028_634.jpg
    IMG_20230902_191028_634.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for sharing your photos. How do the games look when running? Any chance if you tried a scanline generator on it.

De

Hello Todd

I instal this screen in a Blast city and i will need a black windows frame to make link with black guenine Bezel .
As i see you get a very good touch for 3D print .
What will be your Idea to get a complete size bezel with LCD screen please.
That's so close! have you thought about spray paint the bezel black? that's what I did with mine.

Maybe buy a 19in screen plastic bezel and cut the outside of the bezel to fit?

That's so close! have you thought about spray paint the bezel black? that's what I did with mine.

Maybe buy a 19in screen plastic bezel and cut the outside of the bezel to fit?
Why not adding an other bezel ,i was looking about foam 15 mm wide plate and cut inside a window ,
Any Idea where to found a bezel 19" please

Hi Folks - there is a temporary fix that resolves some of the color/blow out issues - if you are using this in RGBs mode. I have been talking to Unico and they are close to releasing their firmware update, which should also include this fix in software - but who knows, that might still be a little bit.

If you solder a 330ohm 1/2 resistor to each of the R G and B wires it significantly helps.

Matt

Thank you @mathewbeall I saw that in the Unico's Facebook page recently. They also have another for jail bars in the screen to add a Ferrite Rings....I mean the nerve of these guys!! .... The least they can do at this point is to pay someone like Mike Chi to program a controller board to take as much juice as possible of the mediocre hardware and send replacement controller boards.

FOR THE JAILBAR ISSUE
This is from Unico's Facebook page.

"For those of you with a Jail Bar like multiple color lines or just colored lines on your Phoenix Monitor Series ULM17 thru ULM26 Arcade CRT Replacement LCD Monitors.
In some cases you may have to put more than one Ferrite Ring Core RFI EMI Noise Suppressor Cable Clips on your input line to our monitor as you have lots of Radio Frequency/Electro Magnetic Interference
."

I didn't have the jailbar issue - but - I already had the ferrite core on my cable for my CRT - it always picked up stray EMF, so that I figure is just best practice.

I know they are close to getting the new firmware complete as well - so we will see what their plan is!

For my use case, and with the resistor fix - I am quite happy with this as an arcade monitor replacement. The only thing I would like now (and hopefully it comes with the new firmware) is better control over the picture, and greater ability to move/resize the image.

Does anyone know if the recent restock of monitors includes any of the color/firmware fixes? Would love to start testing it out on some of my games but I wanted to hold out till they could resolve some of the issues.

Does anyone know if the recent restock of monitors includes any of the color/firmware fixes? Would love to start testing it out on some of my games but I wanted to hold out till they could resolve some of the issues.

I suspect it doesn't - as they are still working on the firmware.

Back